Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
The bitterness in this forum tonight is hilarious. Essendon is alleged to have given 6 players a combination of amino acids that are now banned in an attempt to overcome some soft tissue injuries. They are apparently adamant that they were not "cheating" and belived they had ASADA permission to use the combination of amino acids.

I'm asking that you guys stop humiliating yourself and carrying on like any of this is relevant to Essendon's fine performance so far this year.

The bitterness in this forum tonight is hilarious. Essendon is alleged to have given 6 players a combination of amino acids that are now banned in an attempt to overcome some soft tissue injuries. They are apparently adamant that they were not "cheating" and belived they had ASADA permission to use the combination of amino acids.

I'm asking that you guys stop humiliating yourself and carrying on like any of this is relevant to Essendon's fine performance so far this year.

Is this what your inside source is telling you?

Something tells me fish is sensing the end is near, so has decided to troll supporters to have what fun he can, before his whole world turns to utter s**t.. Im sure his inbox will be very full soon of "I told you so's".. Let him have his fun.. ;)
Poor guy hasnt left big footy in 6 weeks and has spent every ounce of his worth defending his club and coach. He is now finding out bit by bit how they both have betrayed him and his fellow supporters.. Its funny to watch.. :)

Is this what your inside source is telling you?

My "inside source" didn't know what the fuss was all about when it first broke, but going by what most were saying to him was certain that there would be no great ramifications for the club going forward. Many other Essendon posters had spoken to a range of people who were in the Essendon footy department last year. All of them said there was nothing wrong.

That said from somethings coming out in the press over the last week I'm thinking that there is a chance they were hoodwinked. However, there is clearly a strong legal case for the Bombers and it is still highly doubtful anyone will go for this.

That said if six players used an anti obesity drug made out of amino acids over 12 months ago, do you think it'll be affecting the bomber's performance now?

Something tells me fish is sensing the end is near, so has decided to troll supporters to have what fun he can, before his whole world turns to utter s**t.. Im sure his inbox will be very full soon of "I told you so's".. Let him have his fun.. ;)
Poor guy hasnt left big footy in 6 weeks and has spent every ounce of his worth defending his club and coach. He is now finding out bit by bit how they both have betrayed him and his fellow supporters.. Its funny to watch.. :)

Not really dude. I've written a thesis and this has been a side line.

No points will be deducted. Six players may be in trouble but they have a pretty strong legal case. In the end either whoever sent the letter to Essendon will get in big trouble, if it's fake then Dank will get in trouble.

What this thread is about is the stupid claims about Essendon's performance this year.

fishardansin is correct.

Doping last year would not effect current performance.

They'd have to still be doping for it to have an effect.

Using a drug that increases muscle mass and growth hormone would fast track players development. They got bigger and stronger quicker than they should have. They are reaping the results of this now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes lets just get over East Germany winning 87 gold medals in 76-80 or Armstrongs 7 Tour de France wins.while we're at it lets give full credit to Spain's euro and World Cup wins and Geelongs recent 3 flags!

Just stop cheating.

Not really dude. I've written a thesis and this has been a side line.

No points will be deducted. Six players may be in trouble but they have a pretty strong legal case. In the end either whoever sent the letter to Essendon will get in big trouble, if it's fake then Dank will get in trouble.

What this thread is about is the stupid claims about Essendon's performance this year.

Strong legal case? WTF are your smoking?

And 3 seasons in a row EFC has got off to a flier, only to crash and burn in the second half of the year, so you might want to wait for another couple of months before claiming that your performance is not consistent with previous years... Your team a bunch of average footballers with seemingly superhuman strength in the first half of seasons, something a little odd happening there "dude"...

Based on what?

Do you think they'll magically keep the benefits from the doping for life?

It was reported that what they were taking allowed them to recover a lot quicker than what they normally would be able, from the strenuous training regime they underwent, as it repairs tissue and helps generate muscle growth..
This means that back in 2012 they could train harder, longer and with more intensity than usuall allowing them to put on muscle growth a lot quicker and build their tanks (running capacity) a lot quicker.
Once the peptide allowance went 100k over budget and was cut, the players still tried training under the same regime with the same intensity and thats when all the injuries hit..
The thing is, once you have built a big tank and once the muscle growth is there, then you only need to maintain it..
To maintain it you dont need peptides.. The peptides just allowed them to get that growth a lot quicker than usuall bacause it allowed them to train more and with higher intensity because it aided their recovery quicker..
EG. Once you have the muscle to bench 120 kg's, if you keep benching 120kg's you will maintain that muscle..

OP reeks of helplessness. I feel for him but at the same time he's been pretty arrogant and condescending throughout this whole thing. This thread only reinforces that.

Would be amazed if that thesis is in any biological field.

It was reported that what they were taking allowed them to recover a lot quicker than what they normally would be able, from the strenuous training regime they underwent as it repairs tissue and helps generate muscle growth..
This means that back in 2012 they could train harder, longer and with more intensity than usuall allowingthem to put on muscle growth a lot quicker and build their tanks (running capacity) a lot quicker. Once the peptide allowance went 100k over budget and was cut, the players still tried traing under the same regime and thats when all the injuries hit..
The thing is, once you have built a big tank and once the muscle growth is there, then you only need to maintain..
To maintain it you dont need peptides.. The peptides just allowed them to get that growth a lot quicker than usuall bacause it allowed them to train more and with higher intensity..
EG. Once you have the muscle to bench 120 kg's, if you keep benching 120kg's you will maintain that muscle..

So did Essendon not have a post season break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back