Remove this Banner Ad

len_jet

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2006
Mernda
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25683853-19742,00.html

I think this will be good for the game... all they really need to do is rid that committee of KB, Adrian Anderson and Luke Darcy and the list isnt too bad...

Adrian Anderson (chairman)
Kevin Bartlett
Luke Darcy
Brendon Gale
Andrew McKay
Matthew Pavlich
Rowan Sawers
Michael Sexton

I would actually like to see another umpire on the list who is currently umpiring to try and influence the rules from an interpretation point of view.

Pavlich is a very smart man... not quite the ilk of Fitzpatrick but from all reports the same mould.
McKay is a well respected Vet, Sawers, Gale and Sexton are qualified lawyers from memory, Darcy is a nothing commentator and just enjoys the sound of his own voice and KB is the same except he suffers from some sort of mental illness with all the wild and crazy things he says.

If he gets his way there will be no more soft 50m, ("It just seems like a harsh penalty to pay")

So I'm all for it:thumbsu:
exactly right... he was a hard tough footballer and coach so I am hoping this rubs off on some of the current rules and interpretations!

Let's hope he doesn't get hosed down like Bucks did.

KB, isn't he retired yet? Talk about being out of touch with the modern game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what you will about the man, but that is straight out false.
Adrian Anderson...

From the AFL website...

Never held a role at a club or played the game by the looks of it...

Football Operations

General Manager — Adrian Anderson

Has a Bachelor of Law (Hons) from the University of Melbourne and was admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor in 1997. Became lead partner of Media Special Interest Group at Corrs Chambers Westgarth in 2003 and was the principal Media Law advisor to Herald-Sun, 3AW and Leader Newspapers. Was sports legal advisor for the AFLPA, Australian Cricketer’s Association and Career Sport. Has acted for AFL players, coaches and clubs on various issues including tribunal, CBA, contractual, draft, trade practices, restraint of trade and natural justice. In November 2003, was appointed General Manager – AFL Football Operations. (Assumed the role in February 2004)

Football Administration Manager: Rod Austin Umpires’ Manager: Jeff Gieschen Ground Operations Manager: Jill Lindsay Football Projects Officer: Dean Moore Investigations Manager: Ken Wood

AFL Football Operations is responsible for all match arrangements, the operations of stadia, player rules, the Tribunal and appeals board, the National AFL Draft, special investigations and umpiring.

Adrian Anderson (chairman)
Kevin Bartlett
Luke Darcy
Brendon Gale
Andrew McKay
Matthew Pavlich
Rowan Sawers
Michael Sexton
Leigh Matthews

Bolded names can stay. Rest need to be turfed. Especially Anderson.

Expect lots more rule changes if Leigh Matthews has an influence on the Rules Committee.

Matthews believes that the rules should continually change to take into account the natural evolution of the game.

where has he been involved in a footy club or played for a footy club. do you have proof

he has played/been involved with old melburnians in the VAFA for many years. i think he's a f**kstick, but you were wrong.

Pavlich is a very smart man... not quite the ilk of Fitzpatrick but from all reports the same mould.
McKay is a well respected Vet, Sawers, Gale and Sexton are qualified lawyers from memory, Darcy is a nothing commentator and just enjoys the sound of his own voice and KB is the same except he suffers from some sort of mental illness with all the wild and crazy things he says.
Pretty sure he's a chiro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back