Movie Lethal Weapon 1-4

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought you were done here SaintKFC.

So much for that grand exit of yours, in a thread about a film series you say you've never seen more than two minutes of.

I changed my mind, but I legitimately haven't seen more than two minutes of the Lethal Weapon series and none of BHC.

Number 2 is an awesome film, being a bit undersold here, one of the best sequels ever.
agree with this, best sequel since back to the future 2! (ironically may have been released before, but whose checking... ;))

Have never been able to make a particular one my fav.

imo they are all pretty much on par with each other. All great !!!

I watched #1 last night for 1st time in ages and was kinda funny to watch the stupid mistakes in this movie. Though, still gotta love it.

Pretty good movies lifted close to great just on the chemistry between Gibson and Glover.

The chemistry felt real and genuine. So much so that Glover has always remained quiet when questioned, when Gibson got into a lot of controversy in Hollywood.

Compare that to the TV series, Glover actor Wayan got Riggs actor Crawford fired. lol.

Very solid film series.

1 is considered the best, and probably is but 2-4 maintained a consistent quality. Pesci kept things fresh, the incredible on screen rapport between Gibson and Glover remained and the bad guys were well written, directed and performed.

I personally love all four of the films.

Riggs + Murtaugh - great combo. :thumbsu:

Glad this thread got bumped. I think I need to rewatch this after the TV series debacle.

I think they have a low ceiling. 1 & 2 would be decent for a night shift chain smoking boys club rec room (often Shane Black's intent). That's their habitat. 3 & 4 are more eh.

I will say that Gibson has a good feel for his projects, which are typically star vehicles. Like action Cruise, usually worth a watch at the very least. Reliably doesn't suck, knows what he is about.

Great series of movies, can watch them any time and type of movie you stumble across and end up watching the rest of it. For me the order is 1, 3, 2, 4 - Ive always really liked 3, think it was the first one i watched as a kid.

Pesci is good in them - ok, ok, ok, ok, ok. 4 was pretty good even though chris rock tends to do a comedy routine everytime he is in a scene but has some good lines.

Love the series generally give them a watch at least once, usually 2-3 times a year..... and not just when Ch 9 used to play them as movies to play after the cricket :p

Would rank them

3 is "ok", it's not a bad film, I just don't find it a good as the others. The fourth is about the same as 3, but it's the nostalgia feeling when watching it and seeing how far they had come.... plus the whole will me Riggs will me bit :D

IIRC the way Riggs "removed" a house in Lethal 2, was awesome.

Its the kind of s**t I would do. If I could. :$

Took revenge to another level. Also enjoyed the scene where he shoots the aquarium I think? Really need to rewatch this. Been too long.

Enjoyed Jet Li's character, it gave Riggs a bona fide "fighter" to test how good he really was at his age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're making a 5th film. Mel Gibson to direct.

1-png.1280787

Weird choice for Gibson which reads cynical to me. He directs some good action, but the style and tone of his other films isn't really Lethal Weapony. He'll need to demonstrate something we haven't really seen from him before. Richard Wenk writer (he's adapted the Equalizers and second Jack Reacher/Expendables, The Mechanic/Magnificent 7 remakes, etc., seems a solid choice).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back