St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
f59c58e217a7d1aa86f72546422493ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About time

Last bit of useless deadwood gone

Club Statement: Simon Lethlean to depart Club

St Kilda Football Club and Chief Executive Officer Simon Lethlean have agreed to part ways.

The Club’s Board and Lethlean have come to a decision that the demands of the Club and the requirements and focusses of the role of the CEO have shifted and it is now an appropriate time to look for a new leader.

St Kilda President Andrew Bassat thanked Lethlean for his contribution to the Club since joining in the 2018 pre-season as General Manager of Football, before being elevated to Chief Operating Officer then Chief Executive Officer in late 2022.

“Under Simon’s leadership, the Club has seen significant improvement on and off the field, including record membership and sponsorship levels in the club’s 150th year, and a top 8 finish last season following the implementation of the recommendations of the football review,” Bassat said.

“Simon also played the vital role in successfully navigating the club through the COVID pandemic, which included the Club returning to Finals in 2020 for the first time since 2011.

“The Club has undergone significant changes as a result of the 2022 Football Program Review which highlighted the need to elevate our Football Department and place football at the heart of everything we do, which we hope will see St Kilda competing for Premierships before too long.

“Simon and the Board share the view that a new CEO would be best placed to take the club forward.

“We wish Simon all the best and thank him for his commitment to the club and the contribution he made to St Kilda and our community.”

Lethlean said he was very appreciative of the opportunity to lead the St Kilda Football Club in both football and administration roles over the past six years.

“It is always a privilege to work in football, and I have had a great six years at St Kilda. I have loved every role, from GM Football, Chief Operating Officer and as CEO,” Lethlean said.

“I have had the opportunity to work with some fantastic people, and the members of the Club can feel very proud of the commitment and hard work of all the staff and players at the Club. It is an organisation with a lot of heart, and I want to thank past and present staff and players for all their support.

“The Club has a new coach and a new strategy, and I have agreed with the President that it is time for the Club to seek a new CEO.”

Current Chief Operating Officer Carl Dilena will assume the role of acting CEO. Dilena served 12 years as a Board Member of the North Melbourne Football Club, including seven years as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer prior to joining St Kilda in late 2022.

Interesting that there's no handover period. Suggests either he has another opportunity or we formed a view that he could not continue.

Carl Dilena, come on down.

I doubt it's Dilena. I've heard through a mate who might know that Bassat doesn't think much of management talent at AFL clubs so from that perspective it might well be an outsider.

Looking at the statement it seems Dilena will go into the role permanently.

It's not surprising at all given all the changes we've made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will completely move on from this by the end of the day, all facets of the club seem to be running well. This would have been one of the last changes wanted by many.

Not concerned or worried in the slightest.
Same

No room for two big dogs in the yard…

Lyon is, IMO, clearly cleaning house to get in “his” people; perfectly normal in world football and the NFL…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back