Then went beyond a kiss and a wink,
Soon they were rooting as quick as you blink,
Simon you dickhead.

At AFL House it caused a stink,
He threw his career down the sink,
For dipping his wick in the company ink,
Simon you dickhead.

People yackity-yak and Gill couldn’t make it go away,
So he said to Simon, clear out your desk, this is your final day.

To the AFL staff, Gill has said
There’s one thing you must get in your head,
Don’t buy your meat where you get your bread,

Simon you Dickhead.

I wonder if there is more to it:

e.g some inappropriate use of corporate credit cards on flights or hotels etc....
The blokes advocating for job promotions for the women involved. 'Oh yeah shes really a great employee'...

So Caro copping backlash from the AFL (she called them bullies). Seems the herald had sat on the story for six weeks while they came to terms with the afl on what to print and what not etc. one of which was not naming the women.

Caro ignored that and named them and has been copping major backlash from the afl.
I berated Caro for writing this story originally using the "poor women" platform as the basis for bringing this to the publics notice - I unreservedly apologise Caro

Women ask why footy chiefs had to resign

Gender expert Catharine Lumby and the National Council of Women have defended the two AFL executives who lost their jobs over their affairs.Professor Lumby, the gender adviser for the National Rugby League, told 3AW radio in Melbourne the affairs were private matters that should not have affected the men’s employment.

Professor Lumby, who wants harsher penalties for NRL players who mistreat women, said the only time affairs became a workplace concern was when the senior person used his or her power to “get rid” of the other person at the end of the relationship.

WA president of the National Council of Women, Robyn Nolan, agreed that affairs between consenting adults should not be considered an employment matter. “I don’t understand what all the furore is about,” she said. “Men should not behave badly, but nor should women (and) ... the women involved knew the men were married. I think losing their jobs was very much an overreaction to this. The men have to live with their conscience but to lose their jobs? I don’t understand where the AFL is at.”

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/women-ask-why-footy-chiefs-had-to-resign-ng-b88538382z

This is the modern take on things unfortunately. It seems men are always in the wrong and women cant ever be. I'm glad the two ladies spoke out (post above) advocating the men shouldnt have been sacked because we dont see much of that these days. The whole thing should have been a private affair. I doubt the NRL guy would be happy having the public find out his missus was cheating on him either in such a way.

This is the modern take on things unfortunately. It seems men are always in the wrong and women cant ever be. I'm glad the two ladies spoke out (post above) advocating the men shouldnt have been sacked because we dont see much of that these days. The whole thing should have been a private affair. I doubt the NRL guy would be happy having the public find out his missus was cheating on him either in such a way.

Well clearly the men shouldn't have been sacked, and I think most reasonable people acknowledge the error in doing so. By sacking these guys the AFL is basically implying that it thinks these women were not even capable of making their own decisions. It is appalling. Surely the AFL believe women are capable of making their own decisions, and living with the consequences of any potentially bad decisions. That is at the essence of how many people learn from their mistakes. It is the year 2017 and the AFL have such a low opinion of women empowerment and independence. It is a disgrace, and I am not surprised gender expert Catharine Lumby has given the AFL a whack. Poor form by McLaughlin, a man who couldn't even stay in the country to explain his reasoning. He has to go. Not up to it. Women should be demanding Gil step down. If he has such a low opinion of them I cannot see how he can oversee a women's competition.

Well clearly the men shouldn't have been sacked, and I think most reasonable people acknowledge the error in doing so.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect

It sounded like it was affecting the work place negatively and so the AFL acted.

Whether they acted of their own accord or were pushed, it seems they were pushed, but got a lot of say in when they went over the edge.

I wonder if this metaphor has been tortured enough.

You've got to laugh at the flogs at the Herald Sun.

They publish multiple articles criticising the culture at the AFL from the lunatic political correctness perspective one minute. Yet a few days latter they now they have an on-line survey with 30 questions that includes one that asks you to select the hottest WAG in the AFL......... double standards boys????

Hope Susie Obrien writes an article on the disgraceful culture at the Hun!

In the same survey they asked you to select the most unpopular AFL media personality but didn't include Slobbo in the list of options you could select. That fat drunk would have won in a canter but the options are only Sam, Hutchy, BT, a few others and none of the Hun journo's.......Comedy!!

See another McLachlan protege is caught up in the Wilkinson case, a prime mover in the early years (2009-14) of the Gold Coast Suns, i.e CEO Travis Auld.

Moved back to HO by Gil:
“I am delighted that Travis has joined the AFL after a tremendous five-year contribution to the Gold Coast Suns to establish the expansion club from the ground-up as the 17th team in our competition,” Mr McLachlan said.

Travis Auld said he was delighted to take up the role with the AFL.
“Leading the establishment of the Gold Coast Suns into the AFL has been a wonderful opportunity, both personally and professionally.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-17/travis-auld-appointed-to-afl-executive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back