Universal Love LETS BE POSITIVE

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always taken that to be an industry thing.

personally I reckon you can tell in about 20 games but he;;, I'm an arm chair critic
It's 20 for us Internet experts. Takes footy coaches 50 though

I have heard 50 to 70 games quoted on radio by plenty of coaches/former coaches.
But they don't give every player on their list 50 games. And they're happy to spread a handful of games across a number of different players.

But they don't give every player on their list 50 games. And they're happy to spread a handful of games across a number of different players.
We've given blokes more than 100 games to show something. 2016 will be the year of the D-Mac!

Some players you know are not going to make it sooner.

The line is that - they gain the required consistency at 50 to 70 games. They have to have an AFL level game in the 1st place. Otherwise they get 0 or very few games.

Petrenko like consistency after 70 games will get you dropped.

Where as, at 70 games we knew Sloane would be a gun.

On a positive note I thought Rob Chapman and Andrew Fagan handled this morning's s Press Conference very, very well given the sad and very trying circumstances involved, kudos to both gentlemen.

Not sure if you heard the Chapman interview on Fox Footy.

He said he received a phone call at 3am from the Deputy Police Commissioner (who is also on our Ethics board - or something like that) that appeared on his mobile phone screen. His first thoughts were no good phone calls happen after midnight. I felt for him then, he was the first at our Club to hear about it.

Can we draw any positives from this?

Unless we receive some sort of bereavement draft concessions, then I don't think so.

#s**t

Can we draw any positives from this?

Unless we receive some sort of bereavement draft concessions, then I don't think so.

#s**t

I've been trying to put a positive spin on this all day but I can't. We lost a great one today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if you heard the Chapman interview on Fox Footy.

He said he received a phone call at 3am from the Deputy Police Commissioner (who is also on our Ethics board - or something like that) that appeared on his mobile phone screen. His first thoughts were no good phone calls happen after midnight. I felt for him then, he was the first at our Club to hear about it.

Nothing good happens after 2am.

We need to honour Phil by living our lives to the fullest that we can, appreciating our friends and families and not having regrets.

What an amazing life Walshy had, so many adventures and so much achieved ... even at 55 he was as enthusiastic as a kid about football and life, was trying new things and going surfing in his down time.

If we can take just a little bit of inspiration from the way he embraced life then we can turn this terrible tragedy into something at least slightly positive.

Nothing good happens after 2am.

The one and only positive reason I can think of for a phone call at that hour of the morning is if someone you know has just had a baby, and they just couldn't wait to tell you.

Overwhelmingly, a call at that hour of the day though will make your heart sink to the pit of your gut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back