Strategy Let's construct our best 22 | Part 1 | Mid 6

Our best mid 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A rare opportunity to play just in the midfield last season saw Vanders grab 3 votes. He is wasted elsewhere. He's a ball winning mid who may butcher the odd possession but its a possession others wouldn't get.

With an improved tank he's a solid prospect, but he needs to be played in the guts.

A rare opportunity to play just in the midfield last season saw Vanders grab 3 votes. He is wasted elsewhere. He's a ball winning mid who may butcher the odd possession but its a possession others wouldn't get.

With an improved tank he's a solid prospect, but he needs to be played in the guts.
For mine it really depends on whether or not Tyson regains his best form this year. If he does and we have our three best ball winning midfielders (Jones, Vince, Tyson) playing at their best along with Viney continuing his trajectory from 2015 it frees Vandenberg up to invest his aggression and ball hunting ability elsewhere. VDB is a great clearance player when played off the leash no doubt but give me a Tyson/Vince/Jones possession over a Vandenberg one any day.

For mine it really depends on whether or not Tyson regains his best form this year. If he does and we have our three best ball winning midfielders (Jones, Vince, Tyson) playing at their best along with Viney continuing his trajectory from 2015 it frees Vandenberg up to invest his aggression and ball hunting ability elsewhere. VDB is a great clearance player when played off the leash no doubt but give me a Tyson/Vince/Jones possession over a Vandenberg one any day.
Regaining the Tyson of 2014 will have a big influence on our fortunes next season.

I take your point on quality of possessions, although what he brings to the centre is size and intimidation. The disdain he shows for opponents is a beautiful thing.

TheCrather post: 42660666 said:
I voted for Watts, and did so for two reasons. Firstly, his speed, disposal and decision making were needed to compliment the other guys I selected. And secondly, I thought someone would likely crack it over him getting a vote, so figured it'd be good for a laugh.
I would far rather he complEmented the midfield than ran around telling them how well they were doing. Just saying.

I would far rather he complEmented the midfield than ran around telling them how well they were doing. Just saying.

Grammar Nazi of epic proportions.

57320139579da85533680af5ec9c180f73e115648018e4995c9f5fd08e5aed16.jpg

I didn't vote for him.. but.. I seem to remember saying to someone after a successful centre clearance that we should have Vanders in the middle for centre bounces more often. Keen as to see how he progresses in his second year.

Regaining the Tyson of 2014 will have a big influence on our fortunes next season.

I take your point on quality of possessions, although what he brings to the centre is size and intimidation. The disdain he shows for opponents is a beautiful thing.
I prefer Tyson in that inside-out role - his 2014 saw him bursting away from contests as a receiver and kicking goals. Would rather Vanders in the guts handballing to Tyson.

Why does correct spelling and grammar even matter? It's not like anyone on here speaks the proper English version of 500 years ago anyway .. What I'm saying is who cares if there use of the word their is wear the mistake is, where all human and I'll were the odd mistake "

pPl Nd 2 chil AY?

Why does correct spelling and grammar even matter? It's not like anyone on here speaks the proper English version of 500 years ago anyway .. What I'm saying is who cares if there use of the word their is wear the mistake is, where all human and I'll were the odd mistake "
Not the difference in these two sentences
Nick helped his Uncle Jack off a horse
Nick helped his uncle jack off a horse

Grammar is important.

It's the difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the difference in these two sentences
Nick helped his Uncle Jack off a horse
Nick helped his uncle jack off a horse

Grammar is important.

It's the difference between knowing your s**t and knowing you're s**t

Context is fairly important there

Context is fairly important there
Not necessarily.
In verbal communication, context is more important. If you were to walk in to the board meet up we have planned later this year and state proudly, "Hey lads. I just helped my Uncle Jack off a horse", those present would need context to determine if you and your uncle were equine enthusiasts thst had come to the game on horseback, or if you were enthusiasts of a different kind.
Hours later on the MFC website Matty Burgan will have posted a delightful little piece about the meet up which would leave readers in no doubt as to the particular persuasions of Uncle Jack and yourself given his proper use of capitalisation. The reader will also have no doubt about the awesomeness of Bowie, 007, Bose noise cancelling headphones or Jesse Hogan.
In this example we don't need context to know you're just a small town boy, living in a lonely world that took the midday horse going to the G.

Speak for yourself. I haven't communicated verbally with another living creature since 2003.
Can confirm after sitting next to G2B for a quarter of footy in Canberra last year until G2B moved to the other side of the ground and proceeded to communicate via text.

Can confirm after sitting next to G2B for a quarter of footy in Canberra last year until G2B moved to the other side of the ground and proceeded to communicate via text.
Hahaha it's probably a good thing to be honest, I was extremely unhappy/angry throughout that second half.

Actually I still feel quite bad about this, had to find somewhere to charge my phone and the only place near a seat was on the other side. That one quarter was probably my favourite for the season though, hope was abound!

Hahaha it's probably a good thing to be honest, I was extremely unhappy/angry throughout that second half.
Actually I still feel quite bad about this, had to find somewhere to charge my phone and the only place near a seat was on the other side. That one quarter was probably my favourite for the season though, hope was abound!
All good, mate - that second half was atrocious. Neither of us would have been good company.

Back