• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Part 1 (midfielders).
Part 2 (backs).

I'm flying through this due to fairly comprehensive results, and I figure this poll and the next will be the most interesting of the four.

Results from Part 2 at time of writing are:

1. Tom McDonald (52)
2. Lynden Dunn (51)
=3. Christian Salem (48)
=3. Colin Garland (48)
=3. Neville Jetta (48)
6. Tomas Bugg (22)

7. Heritier Lumumba (15)
8. Jack Grimes (14)
9. Sam Frost (4)
=10. Jake Melksham (3)
=10. Mitch White (3)
12. Josh Wagner (2)
=13. Jack Watts (1)
=13. Billy Stretch (1)
=13. Oscar McDonald (1)

All other options polled zero votes.

As such, our current collective best 22 looks a little like this:

B: Neville Jetta | Lynden Dunn (vc) | Colin Garland
HB: Christian Salem | Tom McDonald | Tomas Bugg
C: Dom Tyson | Bernie Vince | Angus Brayshaw
HF: xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx
F: xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx
R: Max Gawn | Nathan Jones (c) | Jack Viney
I/C: xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx

E: xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx
In this instalment, we will fill six positions:
  • Left half-forward flank;
  • Centre-half forward;
  • Right half-forward flank;
  • Left forward pocket;
  • Full forward; and
  • Right forward pocket.
Happy bickering. :footy:

Last edited:
To start us off again, here are my selections:

HF: Aaron vandenBerg | Cam Pedersen | Dean Kent
F: Jeff Garlett | Jesse Hogan | Jack Watts

Same but switch CP5 with Watts

IMO Petracca will play deep most of this year and Kents work up the ground is sensational, he is a very direct player which is what we lack, his pressure around the ground is superb and he has genuine pace.
Fair point. I view the 3 outside of Hogan, Garlett and Watts as midfield rotation anyway so it's splitting hairs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point. I view the 3 outside of Hogan, Garlett and Watts as midfield rotation anyway so it's splitting hairs.

Oh I agree. Watts should definitely be playing the whole year at half forward, his best games are when he gets a lesser defender and can lose them on the lead and around the ground to make use of his excellent skills. Petracca will hopefully be that genuine 3rd marking option (If he is as good in that role as some people think), which I think will be a really good way to ease him into AFL footy. He won't be thrown straight into the midfield after his ACL (Brayshaw was a different case as he wasn't coming off a serious injury).

I'm really, really excited to watch our forwardline in 2016, I think it is going to be a lot better than last year assuming no more shitty injuries. Kent is going to make us a different side in the front half.

Only s**t thing is whilst we all would prefer Pedersen over Dawes up forward, we all know the coaching staff are going to start with Dawes over Pedo in round 1.

Also the bench will be super interesting

Even with Melksham out of the mix there is a huge bunch to pick from, assuming Hulett/King/Weideman won't be in the mix for a while (I have high hopes for Weed but can't see him playing anytime soon with both Dawes and Pedo well ahead of him). You can also rule out Terlich/M Jones just because they are probably the bottom two players on the list. Excluding these guys though you've got about 12-14 players that are all competing for those spots, genuine competition for spots that we haven't had for some time. I mean this is the first year in a very long time I haven't locked in our first pick in the draft for a start in round 1.

Poor old Dawesy.

Not that he's even that old. He's 27 ffs.

Kent is going to make us a different side in the front half.
Statements like this intrigue me.

I rate Kent, don't get me wrong. His pressure and endeavour is invaluable. But supporters talk about him like he's a superstar already. Realistically he's still got a hell of a lot to prove. His stats don't exactly leap off the page.

Poor old Dawesy.

Not that he's even that old. He's 27 ffs.

Statements like this intrigue me.

I rate Kent, don't get me wrong. His pressure and endeavour is invaluable. But supporters talk about him like he's a superstar already. Realistically he's still got a hell of a lot to prove. His stats don't exactly leap off the page.

I'm reaching a bit, but we looked significantly better in the front half for the first 4 rounds in 2015 when Kent was playing. I don't think he is necessarily going to be a superstar but he brings a lot of intangible qualities as well as a goalscoring threat, I think he'll be like a poor mans Cyril.

To start us off again, here are my selections:

HF: Aaron vandenBerg | Cam Pedersen | Dean Kent
F: Jeff Garlett | Jesse Hogan | Jack Watts
Exactly the same. petracca gotta play first so ill vote for him on the bench

HF: Kent | Pedo | Watts
FF: Garlett | Hogan | Frost

Watts given a licence to go wherever he wants, pushing up to contests if a big plays on him or staying forward if he gets a little.
Frost rucks the forward line and gives Gawn a chop out when necessary.
Hogan just Hogans and gets the Hogan while Hoganing the other non-Hogans
Garlett uses the space left once everyone else has been Hoganed
Kent provides defensive pressure and good delivery inside 50.
Probably need another small forward on the bench for balance (Nibbler)
Trac is not best 22 for mine until he actually plays a game.

HF: Kent | Pedo | Watts
FF: Garlett | Hogan | Frost

Watts given a licence to go wherever he wants, pushing up to contests if a big plays on him or staying forward if he gets a little.
Frost rucks the forward line and gives Gawn a chop out when necessary.
Hogan just Hogans and gets the Hogan while Hoganing the other non-Hogans
Garlett uses the space left once everyone else has been Hoganed
Kent provides defensive pressure and good delivery inside 50.
Probably need another small forward on the bench for balance (Nibbler)
Trac is not best 22 for mine until he actually plays a game.

This is the best quote ever! Can I put it as my signature and credit it to you? haha

I voted for Frosty ahead of Pedo. I like his pace and size at CHF.

I think we will ease CP5 into the forward line and let him get his confidence through the year - similar to how Sydney have managed Heeney last year. But he's not yet best forward six for me.

Back