Analysis Let's Construct Our Best 22 - Part 4: Interchange

Which four players should make up our interchange?

• Lachlan Murphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Crouch

• Jackson Hately

• Brayden Cook

• Tyler Brown

• Lachlan Sholl

• Lachlan Gollant

• Mark Keane

• Kieran Strachan

• Billy Dowling

• Luke Nankervis

• Tariek Newchurch

• James Borlase

• Andrew McPherson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following on from here: Analysis - Let's Construct Our Best 22 - Part 3: Defenders

Our defenders have been selected:

1. Jordon Butts (94.3%)
1. Tom Doedee (94.3%)
3. Nick Murray (88.7%)
4. Jordan Dawson (83.0%)
5. Brodie Smith (71.7%)
6. Patrick Parnell (58.5%)
--------
7. Josh Worrell (37.7%)
8. Wayne Milera (30.2%)
9. Max Michalanney (22.6%)
10. Chayce Jones (11.3%)
11. Mark Keane (5.7%)
12. Elliott Himmelberg (1.9%)

Our starting 18 has been chosen

B Patrick Parnell - Jordon Butts - Tom Doedee
HB Jordan Dawson - Nick Murray - Brodie Smith

R Reilly O'Brien - Sam Berry - Rory Laird
C Jake Soligo - Harry Schoenberg - Mitch Hinge

HF Izak Rankine - Taylor Walker - Josh Rachele
F Riley Thilthorpe - Darcy Fogarty - Shane McAdam

With this starting 18 in mind, it's time to pick four interchange players (sub to be determined later). I'm limited to 25 players in the poll but most realistic choices are in there.

Michalanney unlucky.

early indications suggest so. I've gone with Peds, Keays, Jones and Max, so he makes mine. Reality is that the 22 picks itself and once that's done, Pedlar and Keays the only ones that stand out as certainties. Throw a blanket over the rest. Milera probably next because we need to see if he can get back to what he looked like he could become off half back. Then Jones, Ned, Murphy, Hamill et al as they're still young and we need to see again before delisting/trade. Max I'm desperate to see, but his time will come soon anyway. Sloane last, not because i don't think he can contribute something, just that he's not a difference maker that demands selection like Tex and theres no value in playing him in a developing group. The game day performance difference between him and a Ned or Murphy would be about zero. But I know he's a lock, I'm a fool, but I'm not stupid.

If it's best 22 then for me base off the 18 all ready selected it's Sloane Keays Pedlar and Worrell

Max by the end of the year might be in there but right now I think the attacking nature of Worrell is more needed

Any word on Worrell's hamstring? Slight clouds over him and whatever is up with Milera. Might be Max's ticket to an early debut.
Sure but this is just our best 22 for the year in general, not just round 1. So assume everyone is available

Worrell and Milera are tricky to pick. Not ideal preseason a for both.
Reports were they were going really well but injury and apparent family problem has caused them to be interrupted.
I think both are best 22 but no point picking them if not ready.

Worrell ain't playing round 1 anyway by the sounds. Is this for round 1 or in general?
Apparently it's general, but all of the talk about "sending it to Nicks before round 1" may have people at cross purposes

Oh, can I swap Max for Worrell then
Yeah if I had’ve know it was the team for the year not just round one I wouldve picked differently too..

My team would be;

HB josh worrell - Nick Murray - Brodie Smith

R kieran Strawnie - Sam Berry - Rory Laird
C Jake Soligo - Harry Schoenberg - Jordan Dawson

HF Izak Rankine - Taylor Walker- Josh Rachele
F Luke Pedlar - Darcy Fogarty - Shane McAdam

Bench - mitch hinge - TT - Ben keays - rory sloane

Sub - chayce jones

And, barring any unforseen injuries, I’d sub jones on for sloane at half time regardless.. as I dont think sloaney has a full four quarters in him just yet.. might take half a season before he re-gains full match fitness after a year off with his ACL..

I’ve picked Strawnie over ROB because ROB is dogshit.. literally turns everything to s**t.. and his cement hands from last year have continued..

But unfortunately I know there is no chance they are not picking ROB so its a bit of a protest pick!

For me.. TT just needs to be played.. sick of this “oh, he’s just not got it all together yet so lets mollycoddle him” bullshit. Just pump fxxkn games into him.. he’s got the talent he just needs to find his feet and thats only going to happen with experience and game time. He can come off the bench and releive in the Ruck and up forward.. and I’d also like to see him relieve on one of the wings at times too.. hes very mobile, good below his knees and has great footskills for a 200cm lad.. chuck him on a wing every now and then and see if he can play the connector role. He’s gonna be a far better player than himmelberg ever will be so he needs to be prioritised instead.

Bit stiff for Max not being included in that best 23 but with worrell out injured for R1 he would get a run in it anyway.. he still needs more meat on the bones but geez he looks very promising as is..

I’m also hoping Zac Taylor can be beating down the door by about round 5 if he continues showing what he did in the SANFL at the end of last year.. he looks a player and needs to be given opportunities at the highest level.

Worrell ain't playing round 1 anyway by the sounds. Is this for round 1 or in general?
I assumed in general which is why I have Worrell ahead of MM... but imo both will be best 22 by year's end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if I had’ve know it was the team for the year not just round one I wouldve picked differently too..

My team would be;

HB josh worrell - Nick Murray - Brodie Smith

R kieran Strawnie - Sam Berry - Rory Laird
C Jake Soligo - Harry Schoenberg - Jordan Dawson

HF Izak Rankine - Taylor Walker- Josh Rachele
F Luke Pedlar - Darcy Fogarty - Shane McAdam

Bench - mitch hinge - TT - Ben keays - rory sloane

Sub - chayce jones

And, barring any unforseen injuries, I’d sub jones on for sloane at half time regardless.. as I dont think sloaney has a full four quarters in him just yet.. might take half a season before he re-gains full match fitness after a year off with his ACL..

I’ve picked Strawnie over ROB because ROB is dogshit.. literally turns everything to s**t.. and his cement hands from last year have continued..

But unfortunately I know there is no chance they are not picking ROB so its a bit of a protest pick!

For me.. TT just needs to be played.. sick of this “oh, he’s just not got it all together yet so lets mollycoddle him” bullshit. Just pump fxxkn games into him.. he’s got the talent he just needs to find his feet and thats only going to happen with experience and game time. He can come off the bench and releive in the Ruck and up forward.. and I’d also like to see him relieve on one of the wings at times too.. hes very mobile, good below his knees and has great footskills for a 200cm lad.. chuck him on a wing every now and then and see if he can play the connector role. He’s gonna be a far better player than himmelberg ever will be so he needs to be prioritised instead.

Bit stiff for Max not being included in that best 23 but with worrell out injured for R1 he would get a run in it anyway.. he still needs more meat on the bones but geez he looks very promising as is..

I’m also hoping Zac Taylor can be beating down the door by about round 5 if he continues showing what he did in the SANFL at the end of last year.. he looks a player and needs to be given opportunities at the highest level.
Disagree. Unless hes going to play as number one ruck. If he is playing forward/ruck then Himmelberg is at the moment playing better. So you pick who is in form.

Also ROB might be dogshit. But Strachan is horseshit. So ROB is the smaller s**t of them.

If it's best 22 then for me base off the 18 all ready selected it's Sloane Keays Pedlar and Worrell

Max by the end of the year might be in there but right now I think the attacking nature of Worrell is more needed

I don’t think the 7th defender will be a tall when Butts, Murray and Dood are all playing. They didn’t play him until Dood missed last year and in some games they went with only the 1 KPD. Worrell kept playing because he went too well to drop, but there’s no way that 3 talls plus Dood is their plan A.

Disagree. Unless hes going to play as number one ruck. If he is playing forward/ruck then Himmelberg is at the moment playing better. So you pick who is in form.

Also ROB might be dogshit. But Strachan is horseshit. So ROB is the smaller s**t of them.
Atleast strawnie can stick his marks at the moment.. and actually has always done.

ROB cant even take a grab and its been like this since halfway through last season.

Then theres field and goal kicking.. where strawnies miles ahead.

ROB’s kicking action is utterly laughable.

Neither are much chop when to comes to tapping to team mates in the ruck.. but fxxk me ROB has an uncanny ability to put it to the opposition players advantage the majority if the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back