List Mgmt. Let's do Blair Hartley's job for him

RobsJourney

Oct 13, 2010
We all have some pretty good opinions on here and I reckon collectively we could manage a list pretty well.

It's clear we need a lot of new players.
If I was to take a stab at it, I reckon we need 2 Very good midfielders, preferably big bodied, 1 Ruckman, 1 Key back and 1 Key forward. So 5 players with at least 2 needing to be proven guns, the rest considerably better than Hunt, Vickery and those types.

I propose 17 of us volunteer to scout one other club's list on the internet for all the possible players we could realistically poach - keeping in mind what kind of players we need like the 5 I mentioned above - then discuss it as a group and cull that list, then lastly pose potential trade scenarios to get them across.

Then I'll seriously walk in and put that on Hartley's desk myself.

Watcha reckon?
I'll take Adelaide.

Here's who is looking at which teams list so far.

Any other takers?

- RobsJourney
Brisbane - TheProwler
Carlton -
Collingwood - theflea
Essendon - Tigers Time
Fremantle -
Geelong - NeonTiger
Gold Coast - fargothegreat
GWS - Pounce
Hawthorn - bigstyletiger
Melbourne - tunksy
North Melbourne - TheDyerLegacy
Port Adelaide -
St Kilda - bananatigz
Sydney - juss
Western Bulldogs - Fishtamer
West Coast - thetradesman

The list of players so far:

Adelaide - Brad Crouch, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Mitch Grigg
Brisbane - Tom Rockliff, Daniel Rich, Eric Hipwood, Harris Andrews, Tom Cutler
Carlton -
Collingwood -
Nathan Brown, Jarrod Witts, Tim Broomhead, Tom Langdon
Essendon - Michael Hurley, Michael Hibberd
Fremantle -
Geelong -
Jordan Murdoch, Billie Smedts, Nathan Vardy
Gold Coast -
GWS -
Josh Kelly, Jack Steele, Adam Tomlinson, Jake Barrett, Dawson Simpson, Tom Downie
Hawthorn -
- Jack Trengove, Tom McDonald, Jack Grimes
North Melbourne - Lachie Hansen, Majak Daw, Brad MacKenzie, Mason Wood, Trent Dumont, Aaron Mullett
Port Adelaide -
St Kilda -
Hugh Goddard, Blake Acres, Billy Longer
Sydney -
Western Bulldogs - Nathan Hrovat, Mitch Honeychurch, Koby Stevens
West Coast - Andrew Gaff, Tom Lamb, Liam Duggan

Midfielders
Brad Crouch ADEL
Cam Ellis-Yolmen ADEL
Mitch Grigg ADEL
Tom Rockliff BRIS
Daniel Rich BRIS
Jordan Murdoch GEEL
Billie Smedts GEEL
Josh Kelly GWS
Jack Steele GWS
Jake Barrett GWS
Jack Trengove MELB
Trent Dumont NORF
Brad Mackenzie NORF
Blake Acres STK
Mitch Honeychurch WB
Koby Stevens WB
Andrew Gaff WCE
Liam Duggan WCE
Tom Lamb WCE

Rucks
Harris Andrews BRIS
Nathan Vardy GEEL
Dawson Simpson GWS
Tom Downie GWS
Majak Daw NORF
Billy Longer STK

Defenders
Harris Andrews BRIS
Tom Cutler BRIS
Michael Hurley ESS
Michael Hibberd ESS
Tom McDonald MELB
Jack Grimes MELB
Lachie Hansen NORF
Aaron Mullett NORF
Hugh Goddard STK
Liam Duggan WCE

Forwards

Eric Hipwood BRIS
Adam Tomlinson GWS
Mason Wood NORF
Nathan Hrovat WB
Mitch Honeychurch WB
Tom Lamb WCE

We all have some pretty good opinions on here and I reckon collectively we could manage a list pretty well.

It's clear we need a lot of new players.
If I was to take a stab at it, I reckon we need 2 Very good midfielders, preferably big bodied, 1 Ruckman, 1 Key back and 1 Key forward. So 5 players with at least 2 needing to be proven guns, the rest considerably better than Hunt, Vickery and those types.

I propose 17 of us volunteer to scout one other club's list on the internet for all the possible players we could realistically poach - keeping in mind what kind of players we need like the 5 I mentioned above - then discuss it as a group and cull that list, then lastly pose potential trade scenarios to get them across.

Then I'll seriously walk in and put that on Hartley's desk myself.

Watcha reckon?
I'll take Adelaide.

Will you really, legit, take your findings and give them directly to Blair?

Like I'm loving the idea, but surely we'll be needing video footage of this happening mate.

As in you LITERALLY going into the offices of the RFC, and having a meeting with Blair Hartley to discuss these plans, and for that to be LITERALLY on tape for all of us to watch.

Are you genuinely committing to that?

Ill take the bulldogs.
Mitch honeychurch
Nathan hrovat

What would u offer for these 2? Rat was early 2nd pick and hasn't had a good run with injuries. Mitch was a third round pick and played some solid vfl footy.

I'd probably do a second round pick for both as a dogs supporter.

Rockliff - obvious reasons
Rich - I rated this kid in his draft year as he had a great U18 championship. Ball magnet nugget.
Hipwood - Didn't know much of him until we played them recently and I liked what I saw. Lots of potential
Andrews - could play ruck or KP, young and plenty of scope to develop
Not much else really but maybe take Cutler?

Get rid of one of Griffiths or Vickery, no waa you can keep playing both.
Trade one of the above plus a pick to Brisbane for Rockliff. Win-Win
(Hint I would keep Vickery)

You need to some how find 2 ruckman and one must be able to play every game next year if called on. By this I mean an already AFL level ruck or a good one from the state leagues. The second one can be a draftee but aim for someone who has a fair bit of bails already

You really need to figure out your defence and the best thing to start with is 2 big key defenders you can rely on. You have Rance.
Who is your second key defender who isn't s**t? Of my head you have Chaplin, Astbury, Batchelor and Grimes as players with some experience. Grimes not really a key back. Chaplin is old and possibly delisted. It's between the other 2. I personally like Batchelor but you may want to look for someone from another club. Maybe a Schofield from west coast

Not saying this would instantly make you premiership favourites but it's a good little start I reckon. You will be a lot better next year when you get Houli and Yarran back as well, I really rate both of them. Plus it would free up Vlaustin to play more of a midfield role.

Will you really, legit, take your findings and give them directly to Blair?

Like I'm loving the idea, but surely we'll be needing video footage of this happening mate.

As in you LITERALLY going into the offices of the RFC, and having a meeting with Blair Hartley to discuss these plans, and for that to be LITERALLY on tape for all of us to watch.

Are you genuinely committing to that?
I'm likely not literally going to be able to do that, but I definitely will put it all together and make sure it gets to the club.

Just thought this could be a bit of fun leading up to the offseason, since we don't have finals to look forward to.

If you want to do this properly, best get supporters from the relevant club to rep them

Having an rfc person repping the dogs (for instance) may see trade values effected by out own internal biases

Getting the outsiders involved gets some real neutrality behind questions like "what would gws trade for xxxx?"

If you want to do this properly, best get supporters from the relevant club to rep them

Having an rfc person repping the dogs (for instance) may see trade values effected by out own internal biases

Getting the outsiders involved gets some real neutrality behind questions like "what would gws trade for xxxx?"
But oppo supporters will only offer up their rubbish.

That's the point

Too often we massively over rate our own, over rate the appeal of steak knives trades, and undervalue the players at other clubs (all fans do this BTW). Getting people invested in their club to advise counters our own bias with another

This kind of thing has been done before, and rfc make out like bandits.