Lets have a reality check!!

Remove this Banner Ad

NT- Pie

Rookie
Oct 8, 2001
Darwin
Lets have a long hard think about some of the crap thats being said in the papers and in this anti-collingwood propaganda.

1. Leigh Matthews : Bucks should be suspended for......, hey shut up fella, one of the dirtiest mongrels that ever played, just ask Bruns
2. Dipper- Ditto
3. People on this board mentioning rape and assault in this context...get a grip...i mean get a real grip!!
4. Worst thing ever...get a grip again. Tell me you would sooner be eyegouged?!!! And the risk of disease infection would be very comparable!
5. If this was Hird "it would not be a big deal"
6. Police could have arrested him! Plllllllleaaaaaaaaase!!

Yes he did the wrong thing and yes every Collingwood supporter will acknowledge it, but we have all seen worse. Rioli classic example!!!

But thank you "The Hate is back". If you cant talk about Collingwood, Buckley or Eddie you obviously have nothing to talk about. Thank you to those few of you who have remained objective and make this board an interesting visit from time to time.

Originally posted by NT - Pie

Lets have a long hard think about some of the crap thats being said in the papers and in this anti-collingwood propaganda.

1. Leigh Matthews : Bucks should be suspended for......, hey shut up fella, one of the dirtiest mongrels that ever played, just ask Bruns
2. Dipper- Ditto
3. People on this board mentioning rape and assault in this context...get a grip...i mean get a real grip!!
4. Worst thing ever...get a grip again. Tell me you would sooner be eyegouged?!!! And the risk of disease infection would be very comparable!
5. If this was Hird "it would not be a big deal"
6. Police could have arrested him! Plllllllleaaaaaaaaase!!

Yes he did the wrong thing and yes every Collingwood supporter will acknowledge it, but we have all seen worse. Rioli classic example!!!

But thank you "The Hate is back". If you cant talk about Collingwood, Buckley or Eddie you obviously have nothing to talk about. Thank you to those few of you who have remained objective and make this board an interesting visit from time to time.

I just want to comment on some of the bullsh*t thgat you just wrote NT. Alright I will agreee on a number of the comments that you made about the Buckley incident but you were not correct on them all.

1. I agree that Matthews was a thug but then footy was a rougher game in the 70s and early 80s. Tell me that Rene Kink was a saint.

2. Dipper was actually believe it or not extremely fair. The guy deservedly won his Brownlow medal in 1986 when he had a magnificant year on the wing. His talent was being able to hit players hard and fairly (not boundry reports).

3. Rape was the biggest joke I saw here. Assualt well if that was assualt then every contact sport in the world is in trouble.

4. I can think of a lot worse on a footy field which have been committed in the last 5-10 years. Biting, Chris Lewis; eyegouing (as mentioned) pick one, squirl-gripping; spiting.

5. Even Hird couldn't walk away from this.

6. As saids before what for.

The thing Buckley did and should've got done for more for was, he made a concious decision to remove a player from the field using the blood rule. The was a delibrate act by Buckley and therefore forced Geelong to make an interchange as well.

Buckley broke the rules delibrately to try and gain advantage for his team by removing a player from the ground. Imagine if it had an impact in a GF then there would be reprocussions.

He broke the rules got a soft sentence but I just hope he tops the medal count in Spetember and can't collect Chas.

Ummm Slax did you ever see Dipper or Matthews play once? I saw them play a lot of games for the Hawks in the 80's.

Dipper was a big strong thug. He bent a lot of guy's faces out of shape both accidently and deliberately. Did you see what he did to Buddha in the 1989 GF?

However he was a complete pacifist compared to Lethal. Leigh Matthews was the dirtiest player I ever saw. He was like a throwback to the dark bloodstained days of the 40's and 50's. He ended blokes careers, he king hit first gamers, he would do anything to win, but even more to hurt somebody.

Take a look at his eyes sometime. Do they remind you of:
1: A kindergarten teacher
2: Hannibal Lecter
3: A crazed gorilla on speed that has chewed its way through six zookeepers
4: The gateway to a dark cruel universe devoid of human compassion.

If you answered 1, get your eyes checked.

Cyclops read what I said.
I agree that Matthews was a thug

Does that say anything to you or not.

Originally posted by Cyclops

Dipper was a big strong thug. He bent a lot of guy's faces out of shape both accidently and deliberately. Did you see what he did to Buddha in the 1989 GF?

Did you see what Ablett did to Dipper though, and who spent the night in St. Vinnies with a punctured lung.

Dipper copped heaps in his career. The 1989 effort (playing on with a punctured lung) was strong and brave, possibly the gutsiest thing I saw on a footy field. However he gave as good as he got: he got a lot, and he gave a lot.

I only mentioned Matthews because you seemed to suggest he was just another rough player from a rough era. For me he's the roughest player ever.

BTW did you see the Ayres hit on Ablett 1 minute before Ablett hit Dipper? It was a fair hip&shoulder and it would have put an elephant to sleep. Ablett snoozed for a second, then got up and nearly broke Dipper in two. Unbelievable stuff. By rights both players should have been crippled. Boy are they tough hombres.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back