Let's not go feral

Remove this Banner Ad

Why go feral as supporters in this situation? We have lost 4 games by 3 goals and under. It is apparent that the players are trying given the number of contested ball wins and inside 50s. We all know Buckley is trying, as are the rest of the coaching staff. It is not working, the game plan looks wrong, and some of our recruiting can be questioned, but we are supporters. It is not the measure of a supporter when u are 20-2 and playing in grand finals, its now. This is the time your character is put to the test, when its at its worst. Some of you are clearly emotional, but have forgotten this important point.
There are 17 games left in the year, and we owe it to the club to get behind and support them, despite their clear vulnerabilities. Its not as if buckley is just going to walk into another season if our results remain on the same course.
Seriously, its never as bad as it seems, its never as good as it seems.

Takes all sorts to support a club, some just aren't very good at it in lean times.
The worst of it is when we squander opportunities, we're s**t. When other sides squander opportunities against us, we're lucky to win and still s**t.
When we fail to increase a sizeable margin after half time, we're s**t. When we come back and reduce a sizeable margin, the other team put the cue in the rack and we're s**t.

Why go feral as supporters in this situation? We have lost 4 games by 3 goals and under. It is apparent that the players are trying given the number of contested ball wins and inside 50s. We all know Buckley is trying, as are the rest of the coaching staff. It is not working, the game plan looks wrong, and some of our recruiting can be questioned, but we are supporters. It is not the measure of a supporter when u are 20-2 and playing in grand finals, its now. This is the time your character is put to the test, when its at its worst. Some of you are clearly emotional, but have forgotten this important point.
There are 17 games left in the year, and we owe it to the club to get behind and support them, despite their clear vulnerabilities. Its not as if buckley is just going to walk into another season if our results remain on the same course.
Seriously, its never as bad as it seems, its never as good as it seems.
Well said and for those that have shredded memberships and not going, I will be there and hopefully will get better seats with less going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Change is needed. Season is dead on it's arse. Need to see who will stand up, who will shrink and who is trade bait. Right now we should playing for answers, not questions.

I'll back the club in when it becomes open and transparent about the decisions that are making us progressively worse each year. Obviously the injuries were masking a far worse truth - one that, with a full list to pick from - can't be hidden. Our coaching and ability to make this bunch play good footy is non existent.

I don't watch football through the eyes of Melbourne or Richmond supporter. Making the finals, getting close to finals or gettin number one picks doesn't cut it.

We, with all our famed power and might, should be at a minimum in finals most years and within reach of one every few years.

I've lost all faith In The current regime. We need a massive overhaul... otherwise we'll end up like Carlton from 2000 onwards. Make the hard call or prepare for a very long time in the abyss. This group of players is good enough if we can add a few bots and pieces. The people above them aren't. We aren't Schroeder, we get screwed. Just look at our recent drafting and trading. Smashed from pillar to post.

We pay a premium yet give up starting players for picks 999999

I knew booking my wedding in on Prelim Final weekend was fine when we planned it last year.
Go on admit it, it was the good lady that decided.... and you just went along with it

Understandable :D

67238333fb52cf2d56581d0f95f9dd06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how the OP can label everyone as "ferals" because they have a negative opinion about consistent negative results. Classic, shall we accept mediocrity shall we?

Accept mediocrity? Like everything in your life to this point means you shall accept only excellence? And especially so in an 18 team football competiton that does everything possible to ensure equality? Accept reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back