Let's not go feral

Remove this Banner Ad

why do people feel they have to tell others how to support their club?
Almost as bad as being ridiculed, called a coward, hypocrite or tagged in a post because you hold a different opinion. Yes, I don't get it either.

Accept mediocrity? Like everything in your life to this point means you shall accept only excellence? And especially so in an 18 team football competiton that does everything possible to ensure equality? Accept reality.

Nice 2001 post! :thumbsu:

I like how the OP can label everyone as "ferals" because they have a negative opinion about consistent negative results. Classic, shall we accept mediocrity shall we?
Negative opinions are fine but the way in which you express that opinion determines your level of feral.
What you accept isn't in question.

I like how the OP can label everyone as "ferals" because they have a negative opinion about consistent negative results. Classic, shall we accept mediocrity shall we?
I suppose we could just change teams every 5 or so years, the Giants look like they might give us some joy for a while, maybe the Pies will be good again when they decline

Why go feral as supporters in this situation? We have lost 4 games by 3 goals and under. It is apparent that the players are trying given the number of contested ball wins and inside 50s. We all know Buckley is trying, as are the rest of the coaching staff. It is not working, the game plan looks wrong, and some of our recruiting can be questioned, but we are supporters. It is not the measure of a supporter when u are 20-2 and playing in grand finals, its now. This is the time your character is put to the test, when its at its worst. Some of you are clearly emotional, but have forgotten this important point.
There are 17 games left in the year, and we owe it to the club to get behind and support them, despite their clear vulnerabilities. Its not as if buckley is just going to walk into another season if our results remain on the same course.
Seriously, its never as bad as it seems, its never as good as it seems.
hqdefault.jpg

Yep totally agree, Bucks needs more time, needs more time to get the game plan working, needs time to get the MM players out and become Bucks team.

5 more years should do it.

Why go feral as supporters in this situation? We have lost 4 games by 3 goals and under. It is apparent that the players are trying given the number of contested ball wins and inside 50s. We all know Buckley is trying, as are the rest of the coaching staff. It is not working, the game plan looks wrong, and some of our recruiting can be questioned, but we are supporters. It is not the measure of a supporter when u are 20-2 and playing in grand finals, its now. This is the time your character is put to the test, when its at its worst. Some of you are clearly emotional, but have forgotten this important point.
There are 17 games left in the year, and we owe it to the club to get behind and support them, despite their clear vulnerabilities. Its not as if buckley is just going to walk into another season if our results remain on the same course.
Seriously, its never as bad as it seems, its never as good as it seems.

Clearly one of the funniest posts I've ever read.. I'm not even going to bother explaining why.

Have a look at the game thread and you'll see what F&B is talking about. Also, check out the posts in Buckley and Autopsy thread.

I've seen it and have posted some stuff about Bucks leaving myself. The ranting and raving and "this club is stuffed" stuff is completely unhelpful. But supporters have the right to... and should... voice their displeasure when things go consistently poorly.

I guess I was just wondering out loud: One person's unhelpful and feral ravings might be another's legit issues with the club. There are both extremes but there is a line in there somewhere and I think that where the line is drawn might vary from person to person.

Bottom line, I hope the club sorts itself out sooner rather than later.

Accept mediocrity? Like everything in your life to this point means you shall accept only excellence? And especially so in an 18 team football competiton that does everything possible to ensure equality? Accept reality.

No I'm not talking about my life mate as it has no relevance to this particular generalisation you made about Collingwood supporters or a pursuit of excellence. I pay a handsome yearly membership fee, i have a right to express my opinion as you do with yours. Just don't try and tell people how they should apply themselves or how they should react.

Perhaps you should "Accept reality". Fans aren't happy and there's good reason for it whether it be the coach, the players or gamestyle. We might win our next 10 games (bloody hope we do of course) but until then people express themselves how they please (Within reason of course).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox News as display picture... Fair and Balanced as username... Hrmm. Either a really funny little ironic dig or a very ignorant person? Hoping you're the first haha.

As for the topic. I think that's unfair. People are passionate and sports is something that imbeds deep into one's core. I don't think its fair to ask people to tone it down. They react differently to you.

Not sure why the thread title was changed I liked it.

I've seen it and have posted some stuff about Bucks leaving myself. The ranting and raving and "this club is stuffed" stuff is completely unhelpful. But supporters have the right to... and should... voice their displeasure when things go consistently poorly.

I guess I was just wondering out loud: One person's unhelpful and feral ravings might be another's legit issues with the club. There are both extremes but there is a line in there somewhere and I think that where the line is drawn might vary from person to person.

Bottom line, I hope the club sorts itself out sooner rather than later.
As I mentioned earlier, voicing an opinion is fine but way in which some like to express it could be a problem. Anyway, it's not unique to our board. Visit opposition game day threads, substitute the club name and there is no difference.

Some supporters are hilarious when things go sour. They act like they will stop watching and burn memberships etc, as if being a fan means they are owed success. Go back and look how we bottomed out before our 02/3 grand finals and 10/11. People will act like MM was a genius who never had a bad year.

We're not playing well at the moment. If you don't care anymore, or footy just doesn't feel the same anymore, then perhaps you are, by it's very definition bandwagoners.

Well, I must say I'm pretty offended by being accused of not sticking fast during the lean times.
Yes I'm looking at you FiloBeddoe
I've been following the Pies since 1966.
Lean times?
Yeah mate, not sure you actually know what lean times are.

My issue with our current state of affairs is our game style.
And don't give me any shite about injuries or this isn't the coaches team.
Injuries are virtually nil.
And this is the team the coach wanted.
The coach has loaded up on midfielders while ignoring recruiting kpp forwards and backs.
As well as divesting the team of proven forwards and backs over the last few years. (Shaw, Cloke, Brown)
The recruiting has shaped the team to the coaches game plan.
A plan that uses the midfielders to get shallow in50's, 40-45 out giving us huge in50 stats, without having targets beyond short people flying for speccies.
A plan that concedes several goals over the back game after game.
Add to that a coach who was regarded as one of the best ever kicker who seems unable, or unwilling, to coach that skill into his playing group. Same coach invented the draft kicking skill test. WTF is going on there?

Our coach is a champion of our game and our club, his decorations, and the regard that we hold him in as a player, is second to none.
But every week, his legacy is diminished. Every week.
And that hurts me.

If all the above points make me feral.
So be it.

I always knew that the day after or even two days after any hate remorse anger would dissipate and we start all over again - the problem is that I've done this every week for the last 6 years. It now has to stop!

I've always said that I reckon by round 10 or 11 the team that we think can will!

But like I've also said it may be too late for Mr Buckley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I must say I'm pretty offended by being accused of not sticking fast during the lean times.
Yes I'm looking at you FiloBeddoe
I've been following the Pies since 1966.
Lean times?
Yeah mate, not sure you actually know what lean times are.

My issue with our current state of affairs is our game style.
And don't give me any shite about injuries or this isn't the coaches team.
Injuries are virtually nil.
And this is the team the coach wanted.
The coach has loaded up on midfielders while ignoring recruiting kpp forwards and backs.
As well as divesting the team of proven forwards and backs over the last few years. (Shaw, Cloke, Brown)
The recruiting has shaped the team to the coaches game plan.
A plan that uses the midfielders to get shallow in50's, 40-45 out giving us huge in50 stats, without having targets beyond short people flying for speccies.
A plan that concedes several goals over the back game after game.
Add to that a coach who was regarded as one of the best ever kicker who seems unable, or unwilling, to coach that skill into his playing group. Same coach invented the draft kicking skill test. WTF is going on there?

Our coach is a champion of our game and our club, his decorations, and the regard that we hold him in as a player, is second to none.
But every week, his legacy is diminished. Every week.
And that hurts me.

If all the above points make me feral.
So be it.
Look at me all you like but you obviously haven't read a thing I've posted since my original reply.
Let's look at completed seasons.
You = 51 seasons. 21 years without finals. 12 grand finals for 2 premierships.
Me = 41 seasons. 20 years without finals. 11 grand finals for 2 premierships.
I think we've both got a fair idea of what lean times are, mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back