Let's Reminisce on our club's recent success

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to reflect on the bad times, a little longer than these recent good times, we have unfinished business.

Part of succeeding in life is not putting limits on yourself.

It is easier to reflect and saviour when its over. I am not quitting yet and I am not ready to put the que in the rack yet even if it means bringing a long a few more youngsters for the ride
Important reasons to reflect on the past:
  • Reflect on good memories - positive memories are important especially if you're feeling depressed
  • Remind yourself how far we've come - seeing progress is important as it can motivate oneself to do better going forward
Shutting off your past is very close-minded.

Important reasons to reflect on the past:
  • Reflect on good memories - positive memories are important especially if you're feeling depressed
  • Remind yourself how far we've come - seeing progress is important as it can motivate oneself to do better going forward
Closing off your past is very close-minded.

Who said I have closed of the past?

For me, embracing the past drives you stronger without running yourself in the ground. That is why 2017 GF win was so profound!

There is a time for celebrating and enjoying the good times which has and can take place but it is not appropriate for me to reminisce.

If I reminisce I accept a journey is over and I am starting again. There is a restart, but the journey is not over, new chapters are emerging right as we write.

People may feel depression for different reasons. I would not put any depression on the players or club, life is bigger or broader than that. Reflecting on the good times, like listening to your favourite music, is different to reminiscing.

I only reminisce when it is over. It is not over for me yet.

Did the Demons reminisce about 2021 this year? I bet Taranto, Hopper and others are nt thinking of reminiscing

Last edited:
Who said I have closed of the past?

For me, embracing the past drives you stronger without running yourself in the ground. That is why 2017 GF win was so profound!

There is a time for celebrating and enjoying the good times which has and can take place but it is not appropriate for me to reminisce.

If I reminisce I accept a journey is over and I am starting again. There is a restart, but the journey is not over, new chapters are emerging right as we write.

People may feel depression for different reasons. I would not put any depression on the players or club, life is bigger or broader than that. Reflecting on the good times is different to reminiscing.

I only reminisce when it is over. It is not over for me yet

You realise the AFL competition never ends though, right? So, you're basically saying you will never reminisce.

I think that is quite sad.

You realise the AFL competition never ends though, right? So, you're basically saying you will never reminisce.

I think that is quite sad.

nah it just means I am highly competitive.

Some people can be highly competitive and enjoy being highly competitive. Maybe that is why some thrive under pressure. It also means I am highly passionate about the footy so I have no issue about being engaged. I suppose its a bit like Clarkson getting inspired to coach again after doing some work with some Golden State Warriors because it sounds like that is what he loves to do. If you do what makes you happy it does not become a chore and possibly harder for you to get down. He probably was going through the motions doing other things but realised coaching gave him his most fulfilment

If some are checked out, I think that brings up more sadness. People are what they do. If they are not doing what they love it is easier to be unhappy.

The thing is, I can be as crazy as I like, I can argue the point with bigfooty posters all day long or not. It makes no difference to me because if I think I am in any way helping Richmond win another premiership I am always driving to do so. I love to win and Richmond wining another premiership will give me even more joy than the last one!!! So while I am on this journey I am as happy as a pig in mud battling away to help RFC get closer to their/our next premiership. See I am thinking about the good feelings I will have for Richmond's next premiership, I have no reason to look back when the task is ahead to get even more success!!!

Last edited:
nah it just means I am highly competitive.

Some people can be highly competitive and enjoy being highly competitive. Maybe that is why some thrive under pressure. It also means I am highly passionate about the footy so I have no issue about being engaged. I suppose its a bit like Clarkson getting inspired to coach again after doing some work with some Golden State Warriors because it sounds like that is what he loves to do. If you do what makes you happy it does not become a chore and possibly harder for you to get down. He probably was going through the motions doing other things but realised coaching gave him his most fulfilment

If some are checked out, I think that brings up more sadness. People are what they do. If they are not doing what they love it is easier to be unhappy.

The thing is, I can be as crazy as I like, I can argue the point with bigfooty posters all day long or not. It makes no difference to me because if I think I am in any way helping Richmond win another premiership I am always driving to do so. I love to win and Richmond wining another premiership will give me even more joy than the last one!!! So while I am on this journey I am as happy as a pig in mud battling away to help RFC get closer to their/our next premiership. See I am thinking about the good feelings I will have for Richmond's next premiership, I have no reason to look back when the task is ahead to get even more success!!!
I just took a moment to reminisce about the time Mr Magic compared himself to Alistair Clarkson.....

Mark Wahlberg Television GIF

Whos got the GIF of Cotch and Dimma raising the cup all three times one after another after another. I need it for a trolling project

I just took a moment to reminisce about the time Mr Magic compared himself to Alistair Clarkson.....

Mark Wahlberg Television GIF

The trouble is I did not compare myself to Clarkson :rolleyes:

I simply utilised Clarkson as a analogy in regard to determination and enjoying what your doing.

I could have talked about a father taking his young child for a walk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2017 granny when lambert kicked the goal in the third. Knew we had it then. Was our 7th goal in a row and the whole stadium knew we’d done them
Oh mate. I was still shitting myself after Butlers goal! Ridiculous in hindsight, but I think a part of me didn’t believe it was really happening. Without a doubt, the best football day of my life.

Rance leaving was just such a waste. from what I understand he left to make his wife happy and travel with her. He left the club and his marriage ended anyway. Why he never returned after that is beyond me. You only get such a small window of time as an AFL player and to even give up a year of that seems a tragedy to me particulalry given his generational talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back