Let's smile politely and pretend another Adam Goodes award makes sense

Remove this Banner Ad

When you look at the subjects of the Archiwoke Prize finalists for 2020, there is a common thread:
- Prominent left wing LGBTQI 'journalist' and activist for refugees, David Marr
- Prominent left wing actor and hater of all things Conservative, Magda Szubanski
- Current leader of the ALP, Anthony Albanese
- Self portrait by Abdul Abdullah, prominent artist and activist for minorities, with a 'post 9/11 mindset', whatever that means
- Adam Spencer, prominent JJJ presenter, mathematician and climate change activist, spruiker of extra funding for the ABC (which already receives over $1 billion per year of taxpayer dollars to agitate for fringe left wing causes)
- Barry Jones, activist, progressive, President of the ALP, pretentious academic
- Jacinda Ardern, NZ Prime Minister, poster child of the Left, currently has her citizens in a hard lockdown even though they have 0 cases of Coronavirus
- Annabel Crabb, ABC TV presenter
- And, of course, Adam Goodes

It begs the question. Why are artists in this country so out of touch with mainstream Australian political values? It seems that we, the general public, just keep getting it wrong by voting in Conservative governments.

And finally, I put my hand up and admit I know absolutely nothing about art. But could someone please explain how a finger painting of Adam Goodes was deemed a superior work of art, compared to this self-portrait. I don't know you, Tsering Hannaford, but if the world wasn't going so batshit crazy with the wokeness, you're the rightful Archibold Prize winner of 2020.

View attachment 972281

I'm genuinely interested in any arguments out there as to how the Goodes painting is technically better than this incredible piece of art.
You vote conservative because you’re a stupid little campaigner with little to no self respect and jerk off to gay pr0n and wish you a the tyrannical leader of a fantasy land, all the while leading a bog average life, slightly maladjusted for your actual role in life as a little sh*tstain.👍

It’s a shite piece of Art, the Archibald hasn’t been non political for decades now, this should come as no surprise, it’s the art world ffs, many amazing portraits are overlooked every year for some random political statement of the hour.
Boohoo to the rabid maggots spouting their uneducated racist views, they blame the upper echelon for being woke , all the while bemoaning a time they believe they had a type of decree to call a footballer wearing a different jumper than the one they were wearing sitting in the stands hacking down a pie dribbling s**t and calling said player a “black campaigner”, “those were the days my friends, you’d hope they’d never end, those were the days........”.
Stupid petty little campaigners, you’ve learned nothing and are the spittle of the raging masses of idiots that refuse to wear masks, all ******* 15 of you....
Cheers cc
And go * yourselves🖕

Last edited:
Yeh I couldn’t ******* sleep and had nothing better to do than launch an assault on the scum of the bay, just scroll up to find the usual offenders posing as decent people, the MAGA hats give them away.
Total campaigners, some been live in the UK....maggots

Yes, but do they know anything about art?

Yes, but do they know anything about art?
Who, the campaigners in here, I doubt it, Bosk has evidenced as much.
Why would anyone think this is an actual “art competition”?
I have friends in the art world, one a very good and talented painter, I remember him saying close to 30 years ago that the Archibald prize was a back pat, back scratching, politically motivated event, political in a sense contained with the art scene.
So the fact that it has become a political tool outside of the art world was hardly a stretch now was it?
I mean, it’s honestly deplorable to look at, in fact there’s no where to look at it and find something remotely enjoyable and I like some fairly ****ed up art!
But this is just a horror, Goodes aside and the judges motivations, it’s downright horrible, maybe that’s the context?

You vote conservative because you’re a stupid little campaigner with little to no self respect and jerk off to gay pr0n and wish you a the tyrannical leader of a fantasy land, all the while leading a bog average life, slightly maladjusted for your actual role in life as a little sh*tstain.👍
Are you okay?

1601414174763.gif

You're the classic leftie.

Can't win an debate. Get all emotional and irrational. Attack the opponent's character (even though your character is the one that is highly suspect). Have a tantrum and resort to name calling.

And of course what would the Left be without a little hypocrisy (the homophobic rant). Isn't that hate speech?

Now get back to your Gender Studies text and stop wasting (my) taxpayer dollars.

I like it

It’s inspirational

Next time I’m half pissed with 45 mins up my sleeve I could be a acrchybald prize winner too

Much coin in that ?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol
You’re new around here are ya?
Anyone that knows me in these parts, knows that this is me exhibiting a state of calm, how’s school holidays treating you?
You must’ve been drunk last time we exchanged comments. Accusing me of being a child online, that’s new.

You're the classic leftie.

Can't win an debate. Get all emotional and irrational. Attack the opponent's character (even though your character is the one that is highly suspect). Have a tantrum and resort to name calling.

And of course what would the Left be without a little hypocrisy (the homophobic rant). Isn't that hate speech?

Now get back to your Gender Studies text and stop wasting (my) taxpayer dollars.
Lol
This is a debate is it?
Point me to where this thread implies “hey guys, let’s debate our political persuasions because a s**t painting containing Adam Goodes won the The Archibald”?
I haven’t as yet stated my political leanings, the same can’t be said of you however now can it?
Now, as far as attacking the opponent as opposed to their argument, otherwise known as the informal fallacy “ad hominem”, I believe it’s fair given you haven’t provided an argument for me to address, just a inane unqualified partisan opinion, one lacking in substantive intellect worthy of my, or the bays time.
Of course you jerk off to gay pr0n, there’s nothing wrong with that, your problem is the self flagellation and loathing that you apportion to yourself and the rest of the community that concerns me.
As for gender studies, I’m not interested, but I’m sure it’s more complex and complicated than your little frontal lobes can deal with.
As for tax dollars, I can guarantee that I’ve paid more in tax than you’ve earned in your life.
As I said “Your a idiot”.
HodgePodge has trolled the like of you little twats into revealing your true colours as Grin alluded to, fair play to him as usual!
👍

I don't know anything about art, but I am extremely racist. So this Archibald to me looks like yet another political pick for Goodes. Or maybe just regular AFL favouritism such as he would get on brownlow night.

In the year of George Floyd and BLM protests I guess this was always going to win.

I'm going to pretend it's good.

images

Come on guys that day that Nicky Winmar Adam Goodes made a stand at Victoria Park needs to be immortalised.

Another joke award like the Brownlow
I prefer the AAAA (Australian Artists' Artist Award) to the Archibald - it's artists voting for their peers so it's more legit. Although some rate the AACA higher, which is the actual coaches of the artists giving the votes, and they generally pay more attention than the actual artists.

Lol
This is a debate is it?
Point me to where this thread implies “hey guys, let’s debate our political persuasions because a sh*t painting containing Adam Goodes won the The Archibald”?
I haven’t as yet stated my political leanings, the same can’t be said of you however now can it?
Now, as far as attacking the opponent as opposed to their argument, otherwise known as the informal fallacy “ad hominem”, I believe it’s fair given you haven’t provided an argument for me to address, just a inane unqualified partisan opinion, one lacking in substantive intellect worthy of my, or the bays time.
Of course you jerk off to gay pr0n, there’s nothing wrong with that, your problem is the self flagellation and loathing that you apportion to yourself and the rest of the community that concerns me.
As for gender studies, I’m not interested, but I’m sure it’s more complex and complicated than your little frontal lobes can deal with.
As for tax dollars, I can guarantee that I’ve paid more in tax than you’ve earned in your life.
As I said “Your a idiot”.
HodgePodge has trolled the like of you little twats into revealing your true colours as Grin alluded to, fair play to him as usual!
👍
You need help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back