Lets Talk Indians

Remove this Banner Ad

With a few Indians supporters being on here (Including myself) I have decided to make the third team page an Indians one:)

Very frustrating day today for Indians supporters, down 9-6 in the bottom of the 6th trying to work out what the head office was thinking when they signed Myers. Sooner they move him into the bull pen or release him the better, he has given away more home runs today than I have eaten hot dinners, offense is doing a good job, but he is handing them the lead every time they fight back.

Am looking forward to Trevor Bauer getting the start Saturday night (US time), think he is going to really set up our pitching in a year or two to back up the offense we currently have.

Agree on Myers. A 2-1 start on the road isn't too bad. Hopefully the series against the Rays has a good outcome too, then home to the Yankees, White Sox then Red Sox before another stretch on the road.

Bauer didn't have the best start but you can see the potential there, big game for the Indians this morning, really need to win, 3 out of 6 on the road would be a great start.

I know it is too early for Bauer to stay up in the major's, but I would rather him there than Myers.

Not a great home start today for The Indians, Jimenez is really a raffle, is a number 4 or 5 starter and we have him at number 2.

I am planning to sit down in the coming days and do a full review of our pitching staff, because with our offence these new contracts are going to go to waste unless we can get better quality starts in the next 12 months.

Really like Masterson yesterday, not only quality pitches, but did it against left handers, if he can keep this up (Yes I know, only 2 starts) really sets us up alot better than I planned.

I am hoping Bauer can play alot of games in the second half of the year.

13 Degrees and possible Shower for Cleveland, hope we can get a game after 2 days washed out, need to win this series or going to be 4 or 5 games behind the Leaders already. Lets hope Masterson can keep his momentum from his first 2 starts going.

Great today for Bauer to have a win, think he needs to develop more trust in his fast ball, but good signs today.

Ubaldo most probably had his best game as an Indian, McAllister was brilliant yesterday, and Bauer even though had a few on base did well.

Offense in white hot form also helps as well, how long they can keep it up us the question, but if the pitching continues to improve the offense won't be under so much pressure to perform.

Good series taking 2 out of three off the twins, I think this was a good opportunity to take 3 though, but I think we have steadied the ship after a very rocky couple of weeks, if Bauer continues to develop and we can get strong performances from Masterson and Jimenez we can really keep in contention and see what happens after the all star break:)

we have the offense to go through the season this year, we have the bull pen to go through, the big question is do we have the starters to do it. If Bauer can be our 3rd starter in the second half and have an ERA between 3 and 4 we could be a chance, but there is so much unknown with our starters we will be guessing for most of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jiminez 6 Innings 3 hits 1 run, last three starts have been all class.

Could he have turned the corner?

Haven't been on in awhile due to no computer and my phone a being a piece of crap when i try to access this site :D

Jiminez 6 Innings 3 hits 1 run, last three starts have been all class.

Could he have turned the corner?

I believe Ubaldo has turned the corner, 8 shutout innings in his last outing. He's really only had the three maybe four bad outings other then that he has been great, all star like even. Considering he had his ERA over 11 early in the season and is now under 5 is a massive step up in performance. Masterson has been great this year, in fact i believe our starters have done more than expected of them. Kluber has looked good in periods and Kaz has looked like his former self in periods. McAllister has been unlucky and Bauers outings were solid (had his fair share of walks but ERA under 3 is good to see). Our bullpen has been woeful though at times , no left arm presence we are better off having all right handers.

Hitting has been much better this year but we have gone cold of late hopefully it is just a small slump, we need to try and win this next series over Detroit.
Yan Gomes has been a gem and Ryan Raburn has provided good offence of off the bench. It is an exciting time at Progressive Field.

Oh and Reynolds bomb of Jarrod Parker was an absolute monster :thumbsu:

Biggest series of the year for the Indians with the Tigers coming to down, lose the series and they are 5 games down, get swept and they are 7 games down, I think it is going to be tough to overrun the Tigers no matter what, but to have any hope we MUST win or tie this series.

Yeah this series is make or break. We are in.the second wild card spot at the moment but that is close with Texas and Baltimore right up there with us.

Salazar getting the call up to start on.Wednesday instead of Ubaldo against the Tigers. Game 1 of the series on.ONE tomorrow morning.

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

I didn't think we would be 62-49 and 3 games behind Detroit this far into the season. Would be nice to win the series and get within a game. Don't think we could sweep them.

Who would of thought at the start of the year that starting pitching would be our strength. Kazmir is starting to become the Kazmir of old hasn't lost a game in his last 10 starts. Even Ubaldo has been better this year. We lead the league in shutouts :eek:

Pathetic, why wasn't Perez pulled after 3 batters, clearly was off tonight.

I would of brought on Rzepczynski or Hill to close the game considering the lefties they had come up in the 9th. Poor coaching and that is not the first timr this year Francona has left a guy in too long.

Smith has been pitching a lot lately same as Perez. I was surprised we didn't see Allen earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back