Lets Talk Indians

Remove this Banner Ad

Pitchers have off days, and you could tell Perez had no control from the start, soon as Prince doubled should have slowed the game down enough that Perez never pitched to Avilia.

When we need everything to go right to win the division, to throw a 2 run lead going into the ninth is the last thing we need.

Was a off a day for Perez. He's been good since coming back from the dl. I'm not to worried about him just needs a couple days rest and give Cody the role for a couple games

5-1 loss to Verlander, really highlights yesterday's loss, I can see we are about to be swept and chances of ALC title all but gone:(

5-1 loss to Verlander, really highlights yesterday's loss, I can see we are about to be swept and chances of ALC title all but gone:(

Yeah i can't see ALC happening. We just can't beat Detroit. Wildcard is still for the taking but we can't afford to.drop more.

Sent from my LG-E400f using Tapatalk 2

Giving yet another one up. Looks like Salazar was left in the game too long. **** Detroit.

Promising signs though with Danny. Giving up 4 runs to Detroit in only your second game isn't too bad especially when you strike out ten of them. Seventeen strikeouts in thirteen innings, good start to his career.

Bad news is Kluber is expected to be out for 4-5 weeks. You'd think Salazar will stay up or Bauer get another go. Tomlin starting for Akron today so we could see him return soon too.

Well that's a series we rather forget. Barring a Detroit choke we will.have to settle for the second wildcard spot but we need to string together some streaks.

Unfortunately i have to agree with you but i still hold little hope. We have a pretty favourable run home and can.easily go on another streak we just need a couple teams to struggle. Just no run support for our pitchers when we've needed it.

Another great showing from Salazar, he's looked great since day 1. Avilles couldn't pick a better time to hit his first career grand slam. Gives me hope again that we can still push for that wild card spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was close, but managed to get the job done, we are not doing enough against the top teams at the moment, but if we get momentum now we could have a good September and if we do and manage to get a wild card, at least we will have form.

I don't think Perez should of pitched today, wasn't a save situation and would of been a good opportunity to give Vinnie another shot. Perez struggles more with.a bigger lead. Ubaldo was fantastic and has been pretty good this year apart from a couple bad starts early in the year, last ten games his era is below 2.50. Kubel should be a handy acquisition down the home stretch.

We've got a good run home and don't play anymore top teams i believe and have.a great shot with thevO's, Rays and Yankees having to play each other. Going to be hard without Justin but the 40 man call ups should help ease that pain. Maybe Tomlin will get a start. Hopefully Raburn returns soon too we have really missed his bat.

Just like that back in contention. Needed to win that series and it could have been a sweep had Masterson not got injured in gm 1. Gomes has been.a revelation.

We have five teams left to play Mets, Royals, White Sox, Twins and Astros. There's no reason we can't win 90% of those games.

Another good win and the offense starting to heat up. Kaz was superb going 6 innings giving up 4 hits no runs striking out 12. Swishers grand slam was the cherry on top after Yankees choked to the Redsox.

We are only 5 games behind Detroit but i think.they have done enough to.take the div. We are looking real good to take a wildcard spot.

Ubaldo has been fantastic this year. 3-0 0.54 era or something like that in his last three outings and since all star break his era would be low two's

If you look at our schedule for the remainder of the year, besides Kansas City, we have a lot of ordinary teams to play, if we are good enough we will play in the wild card playoff.

Royals 77-69 (3 Games)
Astros 51-98 (4 Games)
White Sox 58-90 (3 Games, Including being 6-0 up bot 7th today)
Twins 63-82 (4 Games)

We are 80 Wins at the bottom of the 7th today, if we go at 70% after today and win today we will have a 90 win season, I think if we don't win 90 we don't deserve to be there, and with the schedule we have if we are good enough we will win 90 games.

Best innings I have seen from Perez this season, hitting right on the edge of the strike zone and got a 1-2-3 inning, so close to the edge that Kansas City was jumping up and down, but replays showed it was just in the strike zone.

Also today's win means Cleveland has officially got a winning season, what a great effort from Francona in his first year, what he has done with the pitchers especially shows why he was a highly sought after manager.

Today was Cleveland's biggest win of the year, 1/2 a game back of the wild card and only one game left against a team with a winning record, the balls in their court if they want to play the wild card or not this year.

GO INDIANS.

Say we are about to lose today, really highlights the importance of the come behind win yesterday, Royals would have been even with us today had the result gone the other way. Plus we are still half a game behind rather than one and a half.

Although todays loss has cost us going into the Astros series with a wild card spot.

Clutch win today against the Astros. Did it the hard way but a win is a win. Perez gave us a fright but I'm always more confident with him throwing with loaded bases. Ubaldo was outstanding yet again and since all star break is one of the best pitchers but he's not getting run support when he needs it. It's taken long enough but the trade has finally paid off and I'm glad it has because I've always backed Ubaldo even at his lowest point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back