Lets Talk Indians

Oscarman

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC, Parra, Jacksonville
Rumour is we're interested in bringing Santana back. Love Santana, he's a BB machine and i have no issues with him coming back but damn why the hell not sign him last free agency. We're going to bring him back at a higher price.
He is back in the EE trade. Yandy Diaz out and Jake Bauers in. We now have Bauer and Bauers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
He is back in the EE trade. Yandy Diaz out and Jake Bauers in. We now have Bauer and Bauers.
Don't know how i feel about that , i don't know much about Bauers tbh so i can't comment on him but i did like Yandy and he was one of the guys who could hit consistently. EE for Santana is ok though , we lose the rbis and power of EE but gain a clutch on base guy (providing we get Cleveland Santana and not Phillies) and we probably save some cash ?

I want to believe we will make a big signing or trade but i get the feeling we're content with division titles for now and will rebuild whilst the other teams on our div are.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Good for salary but that's 3 Dh/1B options traded in days. Read before the winter meetings started that we were prepared to make some bigs moves so hopefully these trades are just clearing up salary for some signings.

Free agents i think we should/could target are

Catchers : Grandal or Ramos

1st/DH : Matt Adams , Matt Davidson or Hanley (getting on in age but his bat would be useful as a DH)

2nd : Josh Harrison or Dozier.

3rd : Moustakas- think he'd flourish back in the ALC snd that would allow JRam to move to 2nd.

SS : really no need to target anyone there and there's not too many on the FA but any of the available guys are more than capable of playing 2nd or 3rd as well.so any of them.

OF : AJ Pollock and Adam Jones (one or both should be high on our list). Brantley i fet the feeling could very come back cheap depending on interest but i think if he does he slots in as full time DH. Avasil Garcia is probably another one worth looking at

I can only dream we would be able to afford Harper but that will never happen but it's still nice to dream of a top 3 consisting of Lindor, Ramirez and Bryce

Don't think we need to touch starting pitching other than bringing in depth.

Bullpen wise there's a lot to choose from. Would like to see Kelvin Herrera come back to the ALC to pitch for us.

Most of these targets are unlikely but i think they fit our needs.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Looks like Dr Smooth is off to the Astros.
Could've been our DH with Edwin, Yandy and Yonder gone. Still some good outfield options available though, A.J Pollock would be a perfect fit if we don't chase one in a trade. The more i think about it though i can't see us doing too much in terms of free agent signings , we'll probably stock up on prospects for Kluber and/or Bauer and spend most our cash locking up Lindor long term.

MadTigerFan

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
Could've been our DH with Edwin, Yandy and Yonder gone. Still some good outfield options available though, A.J Pollock would be a perfect fit if we don't chase one in a trade. The more i think about it though i can't see us doing too much in terms of free agent signings , we'll probably stock up on prospects for Kluber and/or Bauer and spend most our cash locking up Lindor long term.
Lindor rejected an offer a few seasons back, not many sign them these days, look for HUGE paydays.

Always thought Brantley was underrated, playing some 1B hopefully helps keep him healthy.

Top Bottom