Lets Talk Indians

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour is we're interested in bringing Santana back. Love Santana, he's a BB machine and i have no issues with him coming back but damn why the hell not sign him last free agency. We're going to bring him back at a higher price.
He is back in the EE trade. Yandy Diaz out and Jake Bauers in. We now have Bauer and Bauers.

He is back in the EE trade. Yandy Diaz out and Jake Bauers in. We now have Bauer and Bauers.
Don't know how i feel about that , i don't know much about Bauers tbh so i can't comment on him but i did like Yandy and he was one of the guys who could hit consistently. EE for Santana is ok though , we lose the rbis and power of EE but gain a clutch on base guy (providing we get Cleveland Santana and not Phillies) and we probably save some cash ?

I want to believe we will make a big signing or trade but i get the feeling we're content with division titles for now and will rebuild whilst the other teams on our div are.

Good for salary but that's 3 Dh/1B options traded in days. Read before the winter meetings started that we were prepared to make some bigs moves so hopefully these trades are just clearing up salary for some signings.

Free agents i think we should/could target are

Catchers : Grandal or Ramos

1st/DH : Matt Adams , Matt Davidson or Hanley (getting on in age but his bat would be useful as a DH)

2nd : Josh Harrison or Dozier.

3rd : Moustakas- think he'd flourish back in the ALC snd that would allow JRam to move to 2nd.

SS : really no need to target anyone there and there's not too many on the FA but any of the available guys are more than capable of playing 2nd or 3rd as well.so any of them.

OF : AJ Pollock and Adam Jones (one or both should be high on our list). Brantley i fet the feeling could very come back cheap depending on interest but i think if he does he slots in as full time DH. Avasil Garcia is probably another one worth looking at

I can only dream we would be able to afford Harper but that will never happen but it's still nice to dream of a top 3 consisting of Lindor, Ramirez and Bryce

Don't think we need to touch starting pitching other than bringing in depth.

Bullpen wise there's a lot to choose from. Would like to see Kelvin Herrera come back to the ALC to pitch for us.

Most of these targets are unlikely but i think they fit our needs.

Looks like Dr Smooth is off to the Astros.
Could've been our DH with Edwin, Yandy and Yonder gone. Still some good outfield options available though, A.J Pollock would be a perfect fit if we don't chase one in a trade. The more i think about it though i can't see us doing too much in terms of free agent signings , we'll probably stock up on prospects for Kluber and/or Bauer and spend most our cash locking up Lindor long term.

Could've been our DH with Edwin, Yandy and Yonder gone. Still some good outfield options available though, A.J Pollock would be a perfect fit if we don't chase one in a trade. The more i think about it though i can't see us doing too much in terms of free agent signings , we'll probably stock up on prospects for Kluber and/or Bauer and spend most our cash locking up Lindor long term.
Lindor rejected an offer a few seasons back, not many sign them these days, look for HUGE paydays.

Always thought Brantley was underrated, playing some 1B hopefully helps keep him healthy.

Don't know if this is good or bad, but the new home cap has grown on me so much so I have ordered one and its on its way from the US.

I like the no white on the front with the C, looks very old fashioned which has grown on me.

Will miss the Chief, but I do not live in America so cant complain about the affects it may or may not have when I am not there to understand or see it and the new hat has grown on me, plus I think now its been done it isn't coming back so embrace the future.

https://www.mlbshop.com/cleveland-i...hat/t-36119714+p-9292855844926+z-9-3278718316

Don't know if this is good or bad, but the new home cap has grown on me so much so I have ordered one and its on its way from the US.

I like the no white on the front with the C, looks very old fashioned which has grown on me.

Will miss the Chief, but I do not live in America so cant complain about the affects it may or may not have when I am not there to understand or see it and the new hat has grown on me, plus I think now its been done it isn't coming back so embrace the future.

https://www.mlbshop.com/cleveland-i...hat/t-36119714+p-9292855844926+z-9-3278718316
Cleveland Reds?

Hanley Ramirez and Tyler Clippard signed minor league deals. I think Clippard can still be useful , wasn't great last year but was his best full year since his Washington days so maybe he can make the opening day roster and put in some work like Perez did last season. Love Hanley, one of my all time faves but we signed him 3 years too late. We always sign big names well past their prime lol

I know it's only a few games into spring training but Greg Allen is looking good, has to be on the opening day roster with what he's done so far this spring and when he got called up last year. Santana looking good, could be in a for his biggest year yet.

Apparently Manfred asked Dolan to change the Indians name but thankfully Dolan stood up and said no this time. I can live with the Chief Wahoo decision as it helped is net the AS game but asking us to change the name is a bit much.

Apparently Manfred asked Dolan to change the Indians name but thankfully Dolan stood up and said no this time. I can live with the Chief Wahoo decision as it helped is net the AS game but asking us to change the name is a bit much.

Getting out of hand, have they approached the Braves as well? Have they put a phone call through to the Washington Red Skins?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing you all know about Spring Training....it doesn't mean a damn thing.

I wouldn't read to much into anyone doing well or poorly.....exhibition baseball in 80 degree temps looks a lot different than against the Twins in 40 degree weather.

Very good signing and at good price too and unless he's injured there is absolutely no logical reason he shouldn't be on the opening day roster. Opening day outfield of Martins, Allen and Cargo sounds alot more promising than what we had. Must admit we've made some good moves in hindsight. I feel better about the team now.

LF Martins/Allen
SS Lindor
3B Ramirez J
1B Santana
RF Cargo
2B Kipnis
DH Bauers/ Ramirez H
CF Allen/Zimmer
C Perez

With everyone fit that would probably be the strongest lineup we have unless I'm missing someone. Bench won't be real strong on paper but it'll be most likely the younger brigade with Hanley and possibly Navarro or Federowizc as the vets on the bench if Hasse is left out.

Starting rotation will still be one of the best in all of baseball.

Bullpen is always suspect for us but i don't think it will be as bad as we thought. If managed correctly i think Perez, Olson, Clippard, Otero, Cimber can provide solid enough numbers this year and Hand will hopefully get even better. Fingers crossed Salazar is fit , i think if he can stay fit he will be a stud out of the pen.

Poor start to season but that's normal for us. Would be nice if we can get CarGo into the lineup already, he's not injured so i don't get the delay.

If J Ramirez doesn't start hitting soon I'd be trading him whilst he's got value , he's been a hack since all star break last year and i can't stand watching him swinging for the fences every at bat trying to be a hero.

Clevinger is a beast, deserved the W.

Love having Santana back in the side , i know it's only early and you can't take spring training numbers too seriously but he's been tearing the cover off the ball the last month and a bit and that's a good sign.

CarGo apparently will be playing the opener for our AAA side this week so hopefully that means he'll be in our starting lineup very soon. Has an opt out clause until th 20th of April so unless he gets injured Francona needs to call him up ASAP. He's already our best outfielder without seeing him play this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back