Lets Talk Indians

Remove this Banner Ad

My preference was Spiders, but Ownership was uninterested in having to spend 1 cent more than needed on rights.

Been over that bridge a million times and never once understood those figures to be “guardians” of traffic or whatever the spin is.

Was always Hope Memorial

Anyhow, we move forward.

Team will be AAA quality for next several years anyway

My preference was Spiders, but Ownership was uninterested in having to spend 1 cent more than needed on rights.

Been over that bridge a million times and never once understood those figures to be “guardians” of traffic or whatever the spin is.

Was always Hope Memorial

Anyhow, we move forward.

Team will be AAA quality for next several years anyway

Honestly thought they would've gone the Spiders, majority of Indians fans I've seen via socials would have been fine with that. Even the Naps would have been a fan favourite.

Did they even give the fans the option to vote for a new name ?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly thought they would've gone the Spiders, majority of Indians fans I've seen via socials would have been fine with that. Even the Naps would have been a fan favourite.

Did they even give the fans the option to vote for a new name ?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope.

Agree on Naps as well, woulda been way better

Don't hate the name, logo could have been a lot better though
This.

I lived near Cleveland for close to 20 years. I drove over that bridge once-- when i was back for a visit 10 years after I moved and only because I took a wrong turn while tired late one night.

They did actually have a questionnaire that was sent out for fans to give ideas and input toward the new name. But it only went to subscribers to their emails.

Why not the Cyclones? Alliteration, reference to a former great (Denton True "Cyclone" Young), power/strength in the name. Besides, wouldn't you want a pitching staff made of Cy clones?

Or meet with the Penobscot tribe if you want to perpetuate the Sockalexis myth-- find terms and/or imagery that are appropriate and accurate. Or the Erie tribe since they once inhabited Cleveland. This is what Florida State does with the Seminole name and imagery.

Spiders was my least favorite option. Sharing a name with a team that lost 120 games in a season? Hard pass.

Spiders was my least favorite option. Sharing a name with a team that lost 120 games in a season? Hard pass.

And yet, there is a very large % of fanbase that clings to the Chief and Indians name.

Which from 1949-1995 was synonymous with some of the worst play in major league history.

The Spiders name is light years better than Guardians which is laughable.

And as the “Indians” showed, being associated with losing and sad sack teams has little to do with anything.

So this argument doesn’t wash with me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems I was dead wrong about everything

Happy to eat it…what a fantastic season

Everything is gravy from here on out

Still don’t like the name, but they have never lost a playoff game as Guardians

😀

So... Josh Bell and Mike Zunino.

Love the Zunino pickup-- they can gradually work Bo Naylor into the lineup without dumping the entire workload on him immediately.

Bell should hopefully be what they were hoping Franmil Reyes could be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back