Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of sounding presumptive...

If we win an AFL premiership at some point, we should block off the roads leading into Black Diamond Corner and have presentations on the balcony of either the Port Admiral or Black Diamond Hotel with everyone cheering on below in the centre of the heartland.

Town Hall is good and all, but imagine 20,000...30,000...60,000 Port fans in the Port.

At the risk of sounding presumptive...

If we win an AFL premiership at some point, we should block off the roads leading into Black Diamond Corner and have presentations on the balcony of either the Port Admiral or Black Diamond Hotel with everyone cheering on below in the centre of the heartland.

Town Hall is good and all, but imagine 20,000...30,000...60,000 Port fans in the Port.
Would be amazing.

View attachment 386398 Image from Daniel Nortons twitter page. Despite the author will still buy, boyhood hero.

I know someone who has got their hands on an advanced copy and says it is a tough (due to the difficult subject matter) but incredible read. It sounds like Penberthy has done a really good job with the book.

View attachment 386398 Image from Daniel Nortons twitter page. Despite the author will still buy, boyhood hero.
David Penberthy as author, only in Adelaide. I see he wrote the synopsis too.

Scott Hodges' Life in Football and How It Almost Ended
by David Penberthy
Synopsis

Port Adelaide champion Scotty Hodges had it all. In a football career
Of almost no peer, Scott was drafted as a teenager to represent the team he loved, Port Adelaide, and would go on to win a
Remarkable eight premierships. He would break the State's all-time goal-kicking record,
Triumph in its highest honour, the Magarey Medal, and be headhunted as the star forward in the inaugural
Adelaide Crows AFL team. He had a beautiful wife, herself the daughter of football
Royalty, and two gorgeous young kids.
Even so, all this time his life was falling apart.
Constantly, Scott grappled with undiagnosed mental illness,
Unceasingly sending him into a spiral of confusion and isolation, drug and alcohol abuse, anger and violence.
Not known to the public he kept this secret from the world, and even began planning his own demise.
This is the gritty and raw account of how an ordinary man overcame extraordinary demons, and emerged the other side with a message of hope and
Survival.

Some talk that the Crows will move their SNAFL side to Victoria rather than pay $400k per year.

Would this suggest we would move to the VFL or NEAFL?

Why didn't they rhink of that 3 years ago ?
Idiots. They have lived rent free at West Lakes for 27 years !

The crows flat out denied the rumour a couple of days ago. I guess they could backflip but they'd look pretty stupid, or dare I say, treacherous.

Hypothetically, how would it look? I'd assume the SA team/s would have to play all their games in Victoria. I don't see the VFL teams wanting to travel to Adelaide. What would be the advantage for us and/or the crows? Is the level of the VFL significantly higher than the SANFL? Would playing against the seconds of some of the teams you play in the first provide some sort of advantage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetically, how would it look? I'd assume the SA team/s would have to play all their games in Victoria. I don't see the VFL teams wanting to travel to Adelaide. What would be the advantage for us and/or the crows? Is the level of the VFL significantly higher than the SANFL? Would playing against the seconds of some of the teams you play in the first provide some sort of advantage?

I just can't see how it's possible. Would be a nightmare to co-ordinate. Especially if they're the only 'interstate' team trying to fit into the fixture.

Why the crap is 'the alberton crowd' promoting vandalism? Just another weirdo elitist supporters group.

Elitists? Hardly.
Human refuse? Totally.

I would love the crows to leave the SANFL and for them to be charged full tote odds for using Footy Park for the next 10-15 years, even if they try and relocate their HQ elsewhere.

Why the crap is 'the alberton crowd' promoting vandalism? Just another weirdo elitist supporters group.

Pack of numpties who parade themselves as passionate Port supporters who complain and whinge to the club about ticket prices every year. They are in it only for themselves.

A pack of potatoes who have nothing going for them in their lives. The only thing they have to cling to is their "active" support, and it's an uninspired, soulless embarrassment from top to bottom.

Lol I got banned from the alberton crowd facebook years back for calling them out on their racist behaviour at one of the last few games at AAMI.

They claimed I was just trying to bring them down.

Nek minnit, club investigates and TAC member is banned for 6 games.

A pack of potatoes who have nothing going for them in their lives. The only thing they have to cling to is their "active" support, and it's an uninspired, soulless embarrassment from top to bottom.

Does this mob have a specific area at AO as I see one of their flags being waved near the fence on the eastern side. Haven't seen any agro there unlike the northern end at aami.

Lol I got banned from the alberton crowd facebook years back for calling them out on their racist behaviour at one of the last few games at AAMI.

They claimed I was just trying to bring them down.

Nek minnit, club investigates and TAC member is banned for 6 games.
This surely isn't the only supporter group we have... right... right!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back