Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all true. However, it all occurred within a context of turmoil and incompetence throughout the whole club. This involved the replacement of one coach by another who was his polar opposite, serious discontinuity of medical staff, and getting rid of most of the senior players and team leaders over 2 or 3 years resulting in Trengove being appointed co-captain as the youngest captain in AFL / VFL history of one of the worst teams in living memory. This placed impossible expectation on him, at a time when any kind of complaints from players were actively discouraged.
I don't disagree that it seemed like Melbourne were in disarray for an extended period.

His foot injury has resulted in him missing a heap of games. He has lost the power and explosiveness that had him at the top of his draft class and looking like a future star in his early career after his injuries. His foot injuries appear to have been manage appropriately but he has just never fully recovered.

What you have said is all true but what exactly does it have to do with anything? If Trengove had failed to develop from a reasonable stint in the AFL they would be valid complaints but when a guy is delisted because his body can't do what it used to do they are approaching irrelevancy.

Garry Lyon can still scoff a satchel of units tho.

I don't disagree that it seemed like Melbourne were in disarray for an extended period.

His foot injury has resulted in him missing a heap of games. He has lost the power and explosiveness that had him at the top of his draft class and looking like a future star in his early career after his injuries. His foot injuries appear to have been manage appropriately but he has just never fully recovered.

What you have said is all true but what exactly does it have to do with anything? If Trengove had failed to develop from a reasonable stint in the AFL they would be valid complaints but when a guy is delisted because his body can't do what it used to do they are approaching irrelevancy.

Garry Lyon can still scoff a satchel of units tho.
It's all just opinions mate... As is yours! Fact for me is that there is enough anecdotal evidence that a club in dissaray, led by a desperate and incompetent coach, all putting unreasonably expectations on a kid, probably had a significant impact on his injury, and rehab.

Just our opinion!!! Time to move on.

Can someone tell the web dev team to fix the broken link from the mobile sites navigation to the news page. Been broken for awhile and annoys me each time..

Can someone tell the web dev team to fix the broken link from the mobile sites navigation to the news page. Been broken for awhile and annoys me each time..

anigif_enhanced-30150-1416359831-8.gif

Went to the Port store to pick up the new grey monogram hat. Made the purchase and went out to watch the boys train for 15 minutes. Chris Davies walks past and says g'day. Go back into the club rooms and spend some time reading the honour boards and looking at the memorabilia and trophies. Daryl Wakelin is in there having lunch. Walking out to my car say hello to George Fiacchi. Fair to say I love this club.

Also
IMG_1428.jpg

same with the video page, disappointing that its been like that for at least a month too

Went to the Port store to pick up the new grey monogram hat. Made the purchase and went out to watch the boys train for 15 minutes. Chris Davies walks past and says g'day. Go back into the club rooms and spend some time reading the honour boards and looking at the memorabilia and trophies. Daryl Wakelin is in there having lunch. Walking out to my car say hello to George Fiacchi. Fair to say I love this club.

Also
View attachment 472116
Yup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot understand how you would think these state colours are bad.
These are magnificent.
SA-1922.png

Chocolate and teal!

I'd buy that! It keeps our colour connection with Penrith as well.

FORMER Port Adelaide utility Nathan Krakouer will line up with a local club after pulling the pin on his 82-game AFL career.
Krakouer, 29, announced his retirement in October after 69 games with Port Adelaide and 13 at Gold Coast.
He did not play at the elite level last year and was unavailable for Port’s SANFL grand final loss to Sturt because of a hamstring injury.
Krakouer says the time is right for him to take a step back so he can spend time with his two sons.
The utility will play for Prince Alfred Old Collegians in the Adelaide Footy League’s division one competition this coming season.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...n/news-story/b653701bbcbf58777e7c19cdd24c095c

Puts to bed the argument of those that think teal was some trendy colour invented in the (19)90s.
Turquoise ain't teal. As a Teal Farmer I thought you would have known that. ;)

Mero's great jumper site shows SA had some shocking jumper colour combo's before the 1891 B&W and between 1907 and 1945.

https://www.footyjumpers.com/SA-Uni.htm

Great pic REH, I have a copy of Big Bob's 100 Years of the Magpies 1870-1970 somewhere, but I stored it in such a safe place that now I can't remember where I put it :), but I thought the player Phillips was called Tich Phillips, which in the late 19th century was apparently a nickname for someone who was smaller than average.

Port Adelaide season preview: The Power have the list to challenge for 2018 AFL premiership:

Champion Data has rated the Power’s list as the second-best in the AFL, up from seventh last year. Six players are classified as ‘elite’ — Robbie Gray, Paddy Ryder, Justin Westhoff, Charlie Dixon, Chad Wingard and Travis Boak — and another 10 above average (top 35 per cent for their position).

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/po...p/news-story/42b562cf9378a6de26ec03ba49888c07

Great pic REH, I have a copy of Big Bob's 100 Years of the Magpies 1870-1970 somewhere, but I stored it in such a safe place that now I can't remember where I put it :), but I thought the player Phillips was called Tich Phillips, which in the late 19th century was apparently a nickname for someone who was smaller than average.
Harry 'Tick' Phillips is in the Hall of Fame and The Greatest Team 1870-2000. I've always seen it as Tick.

This Bio was written by John Devaney when he used to run his Fullpointsfooty, and he has a link to a 1923 article from The News when Phillips died, and its Tick in that article.
https://australianfootball.com/Players/player/harry phillips/336
https://australianfootball.com/articles/view/the+death+of+tick+phillips/1455

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back