Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told him about me. He created a BigFooty account to reach me, than we exchanged a couple of e-mails. Tonight, he simply called. A +61 phone could only be him.
Haha great stuff. How many other professional sporting organisations around the world would go to that much trouble. You gotta love our club.

Haha great stuff. How many other professional sporting organisations around the world would go to that much trouble. You gotta love our club.

That's what I told him. I became a Portman. There is no turning back for me.

That's what I told him. I became a Portman. There is no turning back for me.
So is he going to do a story on you for the website? Your blog going to get a run on the website? Next time you talk to him, ask him if club champ Tim Ginever's mother is from the Portuguese speaking part of Guyana. Maybe you will get to talk to her if you ever get to Adelaide.

So is he going to do a story on you for the website? Your blog going to get a run on the website?

I have no idea. It was an interview of sorts. Maybe it will be published on the club's website at some point.
Next time you talk to him, ask him if club champ Tim Ginever's mother is from the Portuguese speaking part of Guyana. Maybe you will get to talk to her if you ever get to Adelaide.

I will ask. Thanks!

Rooch in his article for tomorrow's Tsier say we are a caring team for each other and the club. Maybe this is one of a few positive ones Rooch is going to get in before he goes.

Port Adelaide’s long road trip reveals a team caring for more than itself
But if China — with all its distractions and temptations — is a measure of the care the current Port Adelaide players have for their mission to deliver an AFL premiership to Alberton, Hinkley will sleep easier at night (if that is at all possible for an AFL coach). The incredibly inconsistent Power might not be the best contender for the AFL flag. But Boak and his crew do have a genuine want and drive to be the best — as was so evident in Shanghai. Critically, they have a care for their craft, their teammates ... and their club. This is a strong foundation block for what is dubbed as “strong culture” in professional sport today. And it has Hinkley’s coaching staff — that is charged with bringing the best out of the Power players — certain they are working with a “good group”. It is a pity the bubble era of elite, ultra-competitive Australian football makes this easier to see in Shanghai than at Alberton.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...f/news-story/12c59a47f25f4ace6c845a43edaa0fb1

Off topic question. Anyone been to have dinner n see talking footy or what ever it's called at the club rooms?
This week is polly and Houston.
If I go n grab a table n tea, is it easy enough to grab a signature from each? Or is it to quick and to many people etc?

The ‘House-ton’ thing is so ******* moronic. Like, I understand that at the time Dan was an untried rookie and the commentators may not have known his name off by heart. But even if you haven’t heard of Dan Houston the footballer, surely you’ve at least heard of Houston the place?
Sitting in the cafe at the NASA Space Center in Houston as I read this...

Off topic question. Anyone been to have dinner n see talking footy or what ever it's called at the club rooms?
This week is polly and Houston.
If I go n grab a table n tea, is it easy enough to grab a signature from each? Or is it to quick and to many people etc?
There’s a line up for a quick photo with them after they have been interviewed and I remember when Paddy was tthere his wife and family were at a table and hung around afterwards. You need to book though.

The ‘House-ton’ thing is so ******* moronic. Like, I understand that at the time Dan was an untried rookie and the commentators may not have known his name off by heart. But even if you haven’t heard of Dan Houston the footballer, surely you’ve at least heard of Houston the place?

Houston St. in New York (Soho, Noho) is pronounced How-ston. Just sayin’

American twang ... and talking of that ..
Anyone else notice that Dermott Brereton & Fox commentators use the term Quarter Back when calling AFL.
Quarter Back is used in American Football .. there has never been a position called quarter back in AFL. :thumbsdown:

Anyone else notice that Dermott Brereton & Fox commentators use the term Quarter Back when calling AFL.
Quarter Back is used in American Football .. there has never been a position called quarter back in AFL. :thumbsdown:
Quarterback had been used for years now

It's just terminology

Just like goalkeeper is used when a defender marks in the goalsquare

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of Derby in WA which is specifically pronounced “Derrrrby” not “Daahhhby”.

—-

Edit: moved AFL reserves comments elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random news story... Anyone else hear the PAMFC Womens team were wearing State/Crows colours today due to clash with Adelaide Uni.View attachment 502942
o_O
If it were in Brazil, there would be chants: "Take them off! Take them off! Take them off!":p

Last edited:

Speaking of which, the Big Texan (the actual one that plays for Collingbush) has almost lost his accent which is unusual for Americans, especially as he's only been in Oz for about three years. If he went back to the States now they might mistake him for a Canadian ;)

AFL legend Gavin Wanganeen’s artwork to feature on football in indigenous round
HIS football feats inspired a generation of young stars, now AFL legend Gavin Wanganeen is hoping to encourage the next wave of indigenous artists.
A quarter of a century after becoming the first indigenous player to win the Brownlow Medal, Wanganeen’s artwork will again grace the Sherrin footballs used during AFL’s indigenous round this weekend.
His unique designs, featuring 18 circles on the ball representing the AFL clubs and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander players on their lists, were also used in matches during Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round last season.
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...d/news-story/74e8a1ebae9522e184270e33ffa0e1e1

Now that sounds like a great place to live lol

"Living in the US is great, but shitty. Living in Brazil is shitty, but great." (Antonio Carlos Jobim, musician)

The full act goes like this: there are always those girls who get into the play and pretend to actually take their shirts off; then, the crowd goes bananas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back