Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the 19th man thing, not only did they obviously employ the Seahawks campaign, but they even copied us, as we had done a 23rd man initiative there for a bit a couple years prior where we gave out a #23 gold guernsey.

With the birth of an NFL franchise Seattle Seahawks in 1976, Seattle fans were no longer starved for their own professional football team. As the Seahawks strengthened, their loud, sold out crowds became known as the 12th MAN.

Sure that's not 19th man. Crows again

The We Fly As One membership club card program is an exclusive business partnership between Los Angeles World Airports and local chambers of commerce to provide partner discounts and benefits.

Now where have we seen We Fly As One ... that’s right Crows pinched it and used it.

The Marines' Hymn is the official hymn of the United States Marine Corps
. It is the oldest official song in the United States Armed Forces.

Tune pinched for Crows Song.

upload_2018-10-5_21-46-26.png

And this Red Crow said Port Video is a complete rip off.
Don't ya just love Crow Flogs having a go at Port ...:$:thumbsdown:

After attending the B&F I feel very much like John Lennon - another year over, and a new one just begun.

Time to start filling the glass again, to get it to be at least half full.

After attending the B&F I feel very much like John Lennon - another year over, and a new one just begun.

Time to start filling the glass again, to get it to be at least half full.

What was the mood like , do you think anyone at the club actually believes we can even by half decent next year

What was the mood like , do you think anyone at the club actually believes we can even by half decent next year
The mood was positive. Some young blokes and a few girls at a couple of tables at the back were upbeat all night cheering on players - they went nuts for the Hoff several times in the night - it all added to a good vibe in the room.

I reckon Hitaf's speech, Summo's two speeches and the Hoff winning meant there was a good feeling in the room all night.

Koch and Ken said we failed straight up, no BS which was good IMO. They both know the natives are restless. There was a bit of BS spin, but there was a determination to find answers.

I know some people can't handle it or stand it, but Ken's job is to be positive, look for the positives. I thought he was pretty balanced with that. Said good people are leaving and new people are coming in so we have to keep turning over to get better and improve.

Actions speak louder than words, but its time to rule a line under the s**t of 2018 and start looking forward to 2019 IMO.

We are close and yet so far at the same time. Gotta keep looking for solutions. Some tough decisions are still to come.

Probably 5 more players will be moved out of the club. Will Snelling wins the Maggies B&F which suggests he should probably be retained, but after 3 years on the rookie list means he probably will be cut. He was realistic enough to say that if he has to go elsewhere for opportunities then so be it.

All the talk about this video is fair debate.

I couldn't help but think, how many of our players actually live in the Port district. Some of you may think who gives a toss or how many of our supporters live in the Port District. To me that matters, says something about the mentality of our group. Start making these guys more accountable to their fan base and watch the results and culture turn around.

So the very thing they are trying to stir in the fan base is great for the fans but from what we have seen time and time again it doesn't seem to have much sway with our players.

I daresay most probably live around West Lakes/Beach.

Back in the day, my dads mate who lives at Alberton used to be a few houses down from Primus.

Yes!

Paul Stewart expected to return to Alberton in off-field role

RETIRED Eagle Paul Stewart is poised to return to Port Adelaide.

The popular clubman, who announced his retirement as a player from SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens last week, is understood to have accepted an off-field role with the Power, where he played 101 games from 2008-16.

It is believed Stewart, 31, will take up a role in development and player welfare at Port, which plans to beef-up that department.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...e/news-story/bbb99d4668b90ef1b39842896177de3b

Yes!

Paul Stewart expected to return to Alberton in off-field role

RETIRED Eagle Paul Stewart is poised to return to Port Adelaide.

The popular clubman, who announced his retirement as a player from SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens last week, is understood to have accepted an off-field role with the Power, where he played 101 games from 2008-16.

It is believed Stewart, 31, will take up a role in development and player welfare at Port, which plans to beef-up that department.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...e/news-story/bbb99d4668b90ef1b39842896177de3b
We’re seriously turning into an echo chamber. Just a bunch of Port people, telling Port people, how good Ports is. Yeh goodo

We’re seriously turning into an echo chamber. Just a bunch of Port people, telling Port people, how good Ports is. Yeh goodo

If you're going to make this argument, probably best to worry about it at the coaching level. Not the player welfare level.

Plus, he's a ******* legend. Everyone knows it.

PStew is probably not the greatest catalyst for this argument. Dude's a legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the record, not criticising Paul at all. He does some amazing work for charities and youth. It just seems like all our appointments nowadays are people affiliated with the club, which can be a dangerous road to tread. Just ask the crows

For the record, not criticising Paul at all. He does some amazing work for charities and youth. It just seems like all our appointments nowadays are people affiliated with the club, which can be a dangerous road to tread. Just ask the crows
People like Schofield and Montgomery I have no problem with. These guys have been out of the club for over a decade, with experience at multiple other clubs. If we had simply promoted PStew to coach (rather than welfare), or hired Schulz/Monfries as a coach without them having experience elsewhere - I'd have a problem with it.

So what was the average crowds in 1980 like 15-20k?

Gee this list of games took me back. Got to more than half of them that season. Not sure if the site has a pre-calculated average crowds list.

https://australianfootball.com/leag...all&club1=318&club2=All&ground=All&limit=1000

The early season Woodville belting at an empty football park, and the late season win at a crowded Parade - first time I'd been east of Rundle St on my own, it was like visiting another bloody country - both games stick in my memory, not details but the sense of being there. And the finals of course.

It's an off-field role so it doesn't matter the playing history of the man, just whether or not he's a good person.

Is that Stuart Cochrane’s role? I know he was going in for more treatment, hopefully he will be back soon fit and healthy.
John Hinge apparently.

Cochrane is director of academies.

lol Doogies face on the clubs cover photo on twitter. and Chokito hahaha
View attachment 570262

When I saw it the first thing I thought was.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back