Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Power doesn't bother me in the slightest but it gets mentioned it seems every off season.

Hey guys I'm just mucking around with AFL Evolution and making the 2019 PAFC list.

Just wondering if you guys agree with these ratings. What would you change?

90: R.Gray
85: Westhoff
84: Jonas, Wines
82: Dixon, Hartlett, Boak, Ryder
80: Motlop, Rockliff, Ebert
79: Clurey, Powell-Pepper
78: Houston, Lycett
77: Howard
76: Marshall, S.Gray, Burton
75: Watts, Byrne-Jones, Bonner
72: Lienert
71: Broadbent, Atley
70: Rozee, Trengove, Amon, Mayes
69: Frampton, Farrell
68: Butters, Duursma, Johnson, McKenzie
67: Hayes
66: Drew, Hewett, Garner, Patmore, Ladhams
65: Pudney, Frederick, Grundy, Cox, Woodcock
That's tricky. It depends on attributes.

Jonas has very slow reflexes, but his ability to read the play in defence, and impact not only his but other contests, while still shutting down his man, makes him a 100 defensively, but his offence is mediocre and speed low, so how does he balance out? Ollie overall has a lot more going for himself in strength, agility, marking, ball winning ability, etc, so does that make him higher or how high do you value the 100 defence.

So tough job.

I'd have Ryder higher, Rockliff a bunch lower, Burton higher, DBJ higher, Lienert lower. Maybe a couple other adjustments but it isn't unreasonable.

Come, enter my house.
Eat food that I have prepared for you.
I will not eat.
I will only watch.
The dog will sense your weakness.
You cannot hide them.

That's tricky. It depends on attributes.

Jonas has very slow reflexes, but his ability to read the play in defence, and impact not only his but other contests, while still shutting down his man, makes him a 100 defensively, but his offence is mediocre and speed low, so how does he balance out? Ollie overall has a lot more going for himself in strength, agility, marking, ball winning ability, etc, so does that make him higher or how high do you value the 100 defence.

So tough job.

I'd have Ryder higher, Rockliff a bunch lower, Burton higher, DBJ higher, Lienert lower. Maybe a couple other adjustments but it isn't unreasonable.

Jonas I feel is a better player than Wines at the moment, but Wines is the more “gifted” player and is younger. So I made them the same.

I’ve got Lienert as a best 22 player so I didn’t want to put him under 70.

Ryder a year ago I’d have on par with Hoffs rating but with the niggling injuries he’s got I under-rated him a bit, Similar thing with Broadbent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ran into Quinny on a recent trip to Sydney, he was on his way to the State tournament. Was a pretty handy footballer as well, and didn’t mind playing the role of DJ at the footy club.

AE9ADB87-1996-4848-AB4B-2947C5DF2962.png

Just part of the AFL Academy program, they get a week with AFL clubs,
Ah yeah forget that those players get allocated. Now there was a story they have expanded from 30+20 players to over 150. But that list training at AFL clubs doesn't look like 150.

Young Trent Burgoyne is definitely in the program ... He is also a father/son, so should have been allocated to Port! So where is he?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/275616acd755635295f17b5ca3dd42dd
f476b49c836f8f9959479e5d5a0d832e

Some of you may be interested in the following item I have just released through my store. It is a laser cut and engraved box - inspired by that famous Port Adelaide 1912 membership wallet - which can accommodate your membership card and lanyard between games. Please excuse the rubber band!

8vN0NTA.jpg

You can find more information about it here: https://www.altiques.com.au/products/port-adelaide-ports-2019-membership-box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back