Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Power cricket team, called the ‘Grange Dolphins’ won their match today.
Ollie Jonas Bonner Boak etc in the team.
Jonas said it was great for the boys to get out together and do something different involving team work today.
Team work going to be a major focus for this group going forwards.

Last edited:
The Power cricket team, called the ‘Grange Dolphins’ won their match today.
Ollie Jonas Bonner Boak etc in the team.
Jonas said it was great for the boys to get out together and do something different involving team work today.
Team work going to be a major focus for this group going forwards.
A dude on Reddit played for the opposition, reckons Boak was a gun

Young Trent Burgoyne is definitely in the program ... He is also a father/son, so should have been allocated to Port! So where is he?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/275616acd755635295f17b5ca3dd42dd
f476b49c836f8f9959479e5d5a0d832e

AFL Academy is not the NGA Academy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is amazing how far and how many opportunities in elite programs etc. that being the son of will take them. And i am not just talking about Port. It seems that their offspring can literally be bog average at football and still get listed on squads and selected for a number of limited place special opportunities and programs. Not saying that all of them are bog average as 16 year old Edwards is actually very good. And Yes i am salty. Some no name brands offspring just have to be super good at footy and work their way up to be noticed. And hopefully grow or they are no chance.

Correct. But why is he not in both???
Because Melbournians killed most of their blacks compared to residents of Perth and Adelaide so the VFL clubs gets metro NGA zones for aboriginal players but Perth and Adelaide don't.

It is amazing how far and how many opportunities in elite programs etc. that being the son of will take them. And i am not just talking about Port. It seems that their offspring can literally be bog average at football and still get listed on squads and selected for a number of limited place special opportunities and programs. Not saying that all of them are bog average as 16 year old Edwards is actually very good. And Yes i am salty. Some no name brands offspring just have to be super good at footy and work their way up to be noticed. And hopefully grow or they are no chance.
So you're saying Football is just like any other industry, where who you know / are related to is just as important as how good you are.

Last edited:

Bloody Daniher.

Bloody Daniher.
yes he can football but gee whiz don't they love drooling over him when in reality that kind of drooling is not commensurate with his actual ability.
They really try it on with SOS's son too who is really just not that good.

I'm adding a hypenated Wanganeen-Tredrea-Ebert onto my son's name so you will all know him when he gets drafted.

yes he can football but gee whiz don't they love drooling over him when in reality that kind of drooling is not commensurate with his actual ability.

I'm adding a hypenated Wanganeen-Tredrea-Ebert onto my son's name so you will all know him when he gets drafted.

If his name is Ryan change it to Rhai Arn. Or Anzac.

Joe Daniher isn't remotely comparable with Jack Silvagni. Maybe the media is a little over the top but Daniher is still a genuinely very good AFL player who's a bit of set shot coaching away from being elite. Whereas if Jack Silvagni's name was Jack Smith he'd be playing ammos.

Joe Daniher isn't remotely comparable with Jack Silvagni. Maybe the media is a little over the top but Daniher is still a genuinely very good AFL player who's a bit of set shot coaching away from being elite. Whereas if Jack Silvagni's name was Jack Smith he'd be playing ammos.
I wasn't comparing them as players just the way they are both overrated by AFL media.

Daniher is good i think i acknowledged that however according to the AFL media he is the second coming of JC. I am sick of their over exaggerating with certain players and my point was that they add another 50% of sugar onto son of players. That was the point of comparison i was making but perhaps not clearly.

edit and as for Jack Silvagni he wouldn't even be a standout in ammos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back