Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port's T20 team won their premiership

The boys did well ...

Grange made 140 — with Tom Clurey making an unbeaten half a century and the team’s spiritual leader, former Crows champion and assistant coach Nathan Bassett making 49 — before rolling the opposition for 90-odd.

The team included past players such as John Butcher and Paul Stewart and the initiative to play was applauded by coach Ken Hinkley, who has been strong in wanting his players to have a good work-life balance.

Port Adelaide’s new football co-captain Tom Jonas talked up a range of teammates after the win. “Everyone played their role, actually,” Jonas said. “We sort of had one person who made runs every week. “Travis Boak was handy with both bat and ball, Ryan Burton took a few wickets and had a big knock. Dougal Howard was consistent most games, playing his role. And Nathan Bassett, obviously, was pretty solid. He made a lot of runs, took a few wickets and set the field.”

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...r/news-story/624c3909577e6fd30bf0c462587eeee8

Butcher = flags, just as I've always argued.

Does he have an unknown brother who plays cricket? Maybe the magic works in reverse. ;)

Got an email from the club that the 2019 season is almost here and times that members and general public can buy tickets. I have cropped the image used.

I have seen this photo a couple of times in the marketing this year but looks like we are drawing on our Us against Them tradition. Reckon the battering the club has got from supporters might have something to do with it.

1551245446053.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alyx

Unbelievably Disconnected
Feb 17, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Got an email from the club that the 2019 season is almost here and times that members and general public can buy tickets. I have cropped the image used.

I have seen this photo a couple of times in the marketing this year but looks like we are drawing on our Us against Them tradition. Reckon the battering the club has got from supporters might have something to do with it.

View attachment 626567

So traditions are drawn upon when the club feels the urge, not as a none negotiable. (Co Captains)

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love that the players are able to play stuff out side of football but what would people be saying if a player done a shoulder diving for a catch or pinged a hammy taking a quick single?
1 wk out from jlt starting i dont have a problem with it just like i didn't with ollie but would of been interesting if those who wanted to hang ollie would feel the same?

I love that the players are able to play stuff out side of football but what would people be saying if a player done a shoulder diving for a catch or pinged a hammy taking a quick single?
1 wk out from jlt starting i dont have a problem with it just like i didn't with ollie but would of been interesting if those who wanted to hang ollie would feel the same?
You are genuinely comparing cricket to doing stunts on a wakeboard, give over.

The Port Adelaide Cricket club don't have a team ?

Curious why the team is Grange and not Port.
PACC play in the district competition (i.e. SACA-run). The Port boys were playing more social T20s in the turf cricket competition (ATCA).

That said, there are a couple of ATCA clubs closer to Alberton but I'd assume somebody at Port has a pre-existing link to Grange and also who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back