Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to wonder whether we simply offered Polec more money than the Crows did when he came back to Adelaide.

I’m starting to wonder whether we simply offered Polec more money than the Crows did when he came back to Adelaide.
Crows offered 300k + sponsorships. We offered less, I don't know how much less though. His parents live near Alberton, that was the pull. Possibly the fact his brother formerly played in the maggies reserves or u18s too.

His dad was at Alberton oval for the Port/North pre-season game in the Quinn stand too. He wanted Jared to stay at Port long term and was disappointed that we only offered 3 years instead of 4 or 5.

With Jared it was about the long term security. He held out trying to get a year or 2 put on top and the club didn't budge.

In the back of my mind though I understand his foot is a risk so I agree with what the club did.

Crows offered 300k + sponsorships. We offered less, I don't know how much less though. His parents live near Alberton, that was the pull. Possibly the fact his brother formerly played in the maggies reserves or u18s too.

His dad was at Alberton oval for the Port/North pre-season game in the Quinn stand too. He wanted Jared to stay at Port long term and was disappointed that we only offered 3 years instead of 4 or 5.

With Jared it was about the long term security. He held out trying to get a year or 2 put on top and the club didn't budge.

In the back of my mind though I understand his foot is a risk so I agree with what the club did.

Jared is great when he's on but if the plan was to play bruise-free football for 4 years like he did on the weekend then we made the right call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for info.

Why Adelaide fans would be very envious of the Power right now
1556671031134.png

The news on Monday that another Port Adelaide young gun was given the round six rising star nomination would make most Crows fans jealous, even if they don’t admit it.
Port Adelaide’s move to trade up the draft order to get in front of Adelaide ensured they probably got the best player in the draft in Connor Rozee. He’s a special, once in a generation player.
But there are still three other players at Port highly likely to get a Rising Star nomination this year with Zak Butters, Willem Drew and Todd Marshall all eligible.
Adelaide will be lucky to have one.
And that must burn over at West Lakes.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04...O26MFxdowTtKT7J_KHsLW3EkMbiFB_zULd3Sgcd5i6SSc

Stick it up them Kane ... :D:p

Why Adelaide fans would be very envious of the Power right now
View attachment 665336

The news on Monday that another Port Adelaide young gun was given the round six rising star nomination would make most Crows fans jealous, even if they don’t admit it.
Port Adelaide’s move to trade up the draft order to get in front of Adelaide ensured they probably got the best player in the draft in Connor Rozee. He’s a special, once in a generation player.
But there are still three other players at Port highly likely to get a Rising Star nomination this year with Zak Butters, Willem Drew and Todd Marshall all eligible.
Adelaide will be lucky to have one.
And that must burn over at West Lakes.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04...O26MFxdowTtKT7J_KHsLW3EkMbiFB_zULd3Sgcd5i6SSc

Stick it up them Kane ... :D:p
Kane is a bit of a knob at times, but it's still nice to have him in the media to even things up a little.

Keep a close eye on those dirty crows in the showdown...they'll be coming after our young gun's.

I often get a bit disappointed at the club's fluffy media stuff with zero real depth or substance. Things like the inside Port Adelaide videos that really don't show us anything, and the convention which this year was so high level it was near pointless.

So then I watch a video like this and see the sort of content that the Raiders produce in the NFL and think far out I hope our media team is watching this. This is a brilliant video and introduction of a new draft pick. It breaks down a few simple videos, discusses the strategy and thought processes that went into the play and quite simply leaves fans thinking wow, this pick sounds great.

The Raiders also often share the coaches actual post match speech to the team after wins, no holes barred, and a few other bits and pieces.

I hope our club learns from stuff like this and goes a little deeper than the fluff we currently see.

I often get a bit disappointed at the club's fluffy media stuff with zero real depth or substance. Things like the inside Port Adelaide videos that really don't show us anything, and the convention which this year was so high level it was near pointless.

So then I watch a video like this and see the sort of content that the Raiders produce in the NFL and think far out I hope our media team is watching this. This is a brilliant video and introduction of a new draft pick. It breaks down a few simple videos, discusses the strategy and thought processes that went into the play and quite simply leaves fans thinking wow, this pick sounds great.

The Raiders also often share the coaches actual post match speech to the team after wins, no holes barred, and a few other bits and pieces.

I hope our club learns from stuff like this and goes a little deeper than the fluff we currently see.

Yeah bring back Primus' weekly "we want to play like Sydney" videos.

Kane is a bit of a knob at times, but it's still nice to have him in the media to even things up a little.

Keep a close eye on those dirty crows in the showdown...they'll be coming after our young gun's.

I dunno. We had a brilliant draft, but it’s not about getting one over Adelaide, it’s aboit getting one over the whole competition.

This all seems a bit lame and Springfield v Shelbyville.

I dunno. We had a brilliant draft, but it’s not about getting one over Adelaide, it’s aboit getting one over the whole competition.

"That's why we beat them in football nearly half the time"

All i said is that it's nice to have Kane to even things up a bit.

But on your point... I see absolutely nothing wrong with getting one over your arch rival. The more of it the better I say.

They also re-locate to other cities at will.

All i said is that it's nice to have Kane to even things up a bit.

But on your point... I see absolutely nothing wrong with getting one over your arch rival. The more of it the better I say.

We already got one over them in drafting them. Beating your chest about it just makes you look like a bit of a dill in my opinion. It’s the sort of thing Nigel Smart would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back