Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I did see some dickhead call him a "no hoper" in a thread a week or two ago...Unbelievable.

This board has turned on Jonas and Wines HARD this season. Probably shows the level of discontent about co-captains moreso than the discontent with Jonas and Wines themselves. Human nature I guess.

I don’t think we should move on Jonas, but AA squad rather than AA is what we hang s**t on big ears across the way for. He’s been good in the past, but not top shelf.

This year he’s been down more then up and I put that down to the 6-6-6 rules are most going to impact slow defenders more then any other sort of player, which is Jonas. A ‘plays tall’ KPD whose been caught out as too slow for the current rules often this year isn’t a walk up start IMO. Except a Co-Captain so of course he is :huh:

I don’t think we should move on Jonas, but AA squad rather than AA is what we hang **** on big ears across the way for. He’s been good in the past, but not top shelf.

This year he’s been down more then up and I put that down to the 6-6-6 rules are most going to impact slow defenders more then any other sort of player, which is Jonas. A ‘plays tall’ KPD whose been caught out as too slow for the current rules often this year isn’t a walk up start IMO. Except a Co-Captain so of course he is :huh:
I think it is more so the new 6-6-6 rule and new game style that's streamlined Jonas's impact in our matches, but that doesn't change the fact that he's the only leader we have to sustain our defence. People wonder why our starts have been so terrible recently, and that's because without Jonas we simply don't have a sustained enough defence to hold things together, it comes down more to his mental influence then his performance influence.

I don't think Jonas has dropped in quality, he simply doesn't get as much of the ball anymore with the new rules and gameplan, he's a good captain, just not a mind-blowing player, but I don't think he needs to be.

This board has turned on Jonas and Wines HARD this season. Probably shows the level of discontent about co-captains moreso than the discontent with Jonas and Wines themselves. Human nature I guess.

3 factors at play:

1) Lingering discontent at the very existence of co captains.

2) Captains are judged by a higher standard.

3) Not only have those two not risen to the level expected of captains, they've actually gone backwards on their standard form lines.

The Launceston effect. We have played them there two years running. They can ******** and give someone else a game against them there next year.
Maybe you're too young to remember that we were a dominant force in Launceston well before Hawthorn ever were.

But standards have fallen through the floor since those days and our last two games there against a very ordinary Hawthorn side have been disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There problem is not equal frees, it's the inconsistency and the bias to one team particularly early in a game. Are they influencing the game outcome and maybe being targeted by gambling syndicates. Just saying?

I agree completely, biased umpiring early sets the tone for each respective team.

3 factors at play:

1) Lingering discontent at the very existence of co captains.

2) Captains are judged by a higher standard.

3) Not only have those two not risen to the level expected of captains, they've actually gone backwards on their standard form lines.

4) Wines water-skiing on the eve of the season

5) Jonas with his downhill skiing in support of Wines

6) How co-captains was dumped on the supporter base knowing full well the discontent it would cause (the Ken's s**t-eating grin factor)

7) The club displaying weak leadership and creating a no-win situation for 2 beloved players (this one really grinds my gears)

8) "if a club tradition stood in the way of success" Koch bullshit (before the fact)

9) There's been zero change in our mediocre performances against top teams including the Crows (after the fact)

10) The move to co-captains is viewed as the cherry on top of the steaming s**t Ken has taken on the club - think refusal to develop key talls, a gameplan that doesn't stack up, one day we'll be on Richmond's level, downplaying of expectations, etc.

Maybe you're too young to remember that we were a dominant force in Launceston well before Hawthorn ever were.

But standards have fallen through the floor since those days and our last two games there against a very ordinary Hawthorn side have been disgraceful.
And out of how many games that Hawks have had there they have only lost 3 times. I am all for potting our team, but this is a fact.

To replace who, seriously?
I don’t think you understand why clubs have a list of 42 or so.
Top teams have heaps of talent in the seconds waiting for their opportunity.
42 doesn’t go not 22.
Or would you rather our seconds are a list of spuds?

What do you mean 42? He listed 3 guys.

Garner over Hartlett.
Frampton over Sam Gray.
Drew over Motlop.

He said MAYBE Ladhams. (If Ryder or Lycett were injured.)
MAYBE Atley (I think he’s behind Drew)

Garner over Hartlett.
Frampton over Sam Gray.
Drew over Motlop.

Frampton aint a small forward and they value his experience in that position over framptons, Drew aint a outside player who can fold to half back.

People gotta stop suggesting alternatives that don't fit into the coaches lists of used structures and depth charts.

Frampton aint a small forward and they value his experience in that position over framptons, Drew aint a outside player who can fold to half back.

People gotta stop suggesting alternatives that don't fit into the coaches lists of used structures and depth charts.

I’m suggesting playing another tall and have Hoff roam.

Drew can play outside and off half back, unlike Motlop.

10) The move to co-captains is viewed as the cherry on top of the steaming **** Ken has taken on the club - think refusal to develop key talls, a gameplan that doesn't stack up, one day we'll be on Richmond's level, downplaying of expectations, etc.

Expectations couldn't get much lower when all the coach is expected to do is make finals once in a three seasons. We're already at Richmond levels.

What used structure are you talking about? Look at our forward line at every round this year and show me the consistency.

People are suggesting players they'd rather see in the team which is already something the coaches aren't doing so why is the change in structure such an outlandish suggestion?

Garner over Hartlett.
Frampton over Sam Gray.
Drew over Motlop.

I counted he listed 5. My point is that every good player can’t play in the 22 and all of those mentioned players have had at least a game in the firsts.
Perhaps if we had a list of average players in the seconds some here would be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back