Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you for real? You literally called him the missing piece at one point last season. You praised him more than anyone else on this board when it was clear to everybody he was past it.

Pretty sure he’s doing it on purpose now as part of a PhD in Sports Trollology.

None of the players leaving were best 22 (according to the selection panel, which I disagree with) so the performance should be relatively similar unless we lose a KPD for significant period.

More of the same is obviously a terrible outcome (unless you are death riding Hinkley).

i'm livid about losing Howard as no pick will replace him, he had just started coming into his own (until he was moved forward). If we lose SPP as well I'll be absolutely fuming! You'd need a top ten pick to replace his age and ability (and sunken cost).

The rest needed to be moved on.

i'm livid about losing Howard as no pick will replace him, he had just started coming into his own (until he was moved forward). If we lose SPP as well I'll be absolutely fuming! You'd need a top ten pick to replace his age and ability (and sunken cost).

The rest needed to be moved on.

We'll get a shiny new toy* late today and the club will say rejoice oh chosen ones for we have delivered.

*Reject from another club no one wanted.

We'll get a shiny new toy* late today and the club will say rejoice oh chosen ones for we have delivered.

*Reject from another club no one wanted.
Only Luko will satisfy me in terms of players at this stage!
Even then I'd rather have kept Howard and another quality player.

It's not the club I fell I love with.

Last 3 years have been a boring waste of time and I despise going to port games

Those are the three seasons I have been following the club... o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of the players leaving were best 22 (according to the selection panel, which I disagree with) so the performance should be relatively similar unless we lose a KPD for significant period.

More of the same is obviously a terrible outcome (unless you are death riding Hinkley).

While a C grade square gaiter like Jonas is seen as best 22 this club is going absolutely nowhere!

Howard was a future captain!

We are rebuilding they are sending mixed messages about it although it's been easy to see they have had tempered expectations internally for awhile, I really don't think Hinkley is under the pressure people think anymore the language from the B&F "no sugar hits" blah blah prepare yourselves they will back him in unless we finish stone dead 18th.

We are rebuilding they are sending mixed messages about it although it's been easy to see they have had tempered expectations internally for awhile, I really don't think Hinkley is under the pressure people think anymore the language from the B&F "no sugar hits" blah blah prepare yourselves they will back him in unless we finish stone dead 18th.

carn m8 it's a tough competition and somebody's gotta finish 18th

This SA economy stuff is BS. If we were decent we would attract national and international sponsors to generate revenue who are looking to get in to the SA market, or even SA based companies looking to get their name out there (eg Pirate Life).

As it stands, we aren't.

CELEBRATING 2020 - PORT'S SESQUICENTENNIAL

ON UNLEVEL PLAYING FIELD: my personal experience

Grêmio and Internacional shouldn't be the national powerhouse they are geographically or economically. We are mistreated by the national media. We fight against lack of exposure, s**t schedule, travel, etc. We have both fallen down and crashed hard.

However, we the Gauchos are a very proud people — too much, at times. We don't accept being down laying on the ground. We don't accept just making the numbers. That's why we have risen up again and again. It is not a level playing field, but that is fine. We will make it level on the field. I have identified that same spirit in Port immediately. It is part of why I am in love with club.

I hear people complaining: "Oh! The GF is at the G." Well, Grêmio won national titles away in 1981, 1997, and 2001 (lost at home in 1982 and 1995). We have won the Libertadores away in 1995 and 2017 (lost at home in 1984). If you think it is unfair, you start the game in disadvantage already. It doesn't matter. We will go there, and we are going to win. We will silence those outside like Uruguay did in the 1950 World Cup.

THERE ARE REASONS TO CELEBRATE: Port Adelaide is its History, and its History is us
We are Port Adelaide, for Christ's sake. Those words have meaning! We are from the outskirts of Adelaide, stuck in a minor state, surrounded by people who hate us since ever, playing in two leagues that wish we could just lay low and make up the numbers. We have all the excuses to accept that and be happy in mediocrity. The problem is we have never accepted that.

If that is the way it is, then fine. We will make it level on the field — and if they don't take us seriously, we will make it unlevel in our favor! Look at our history, and that's what this club has always done. For some reason, that has stopped in 2007. For a 150-year club, that was yesterday. It means nothing.

Every club, now and then, ends up ruled by no-hopers. For the greatest clubs, it doesn't last, though. As supporters, we are the ground on which the club stands. The club won't fold with us holding it steady. These times will end eventually, and Port will live up to its history once again. We remember.

Is there nothing to celebrate next year? Yes, there is. We are going to celebrate US, all those who have made Port what it is. We are going to celebrate our greats, we are going to remember all the difficult times and cherish those who have lifted us up again. We are going to tell our kids, grandkids, friends, and foes how great we are, not because we are perfect, but because we have never accepted defeat.

We are Port Adelaide. We exist to win Premierships. That's how we make our community proud.

Last edited:
Are you for real? You literally called him the missing piece at one point last season. You praised him more than anyone else on this board when it was clear to everybody he was past it.

I did? I can't seem to find it. You said some s**t about him being a missing piece back in February that I ignored because I had no idea what the * you were talking about. The only time I've ever even come close to calling Broadbent a 'missing piece' was in reply to a snide remark that JimmyBeerCans made when someone asked if Broadbent was retiring at the end of last year (October), and he said 'There goes another missing piece in Janus' premiership puzzle'. And my response was that one of Broadbent or Hartlett is fine, and that Burton was a more than adequate replacement with his kicking anyway.

So I didn't give a * if he retired back then because we had Hartlett and Burton...why would I give a * if he retired now that we've got an extra year into guys like Byrne-Jones, Bonner and Burton? The only reason why I wanted him in the side was because I felt we needed his experience to elevate those guys to another level.

It's all about the kicking from half back. That's what the missing piece is - players who can ******* deliver the ball to the midfield and break the forward press. That's why Howard isn't a great loss - his disposal is ******* shocking when he tries to be attacking and he constantly *s up. You put your best kicks across half back because they are the ones who have to set up the play. It's why Watts was such a big loss, why I ride Bonner so hard for his * ups because I want him to be that type of player, and why I like it when Byrne-Jones and Houston pushed up the ground into midfield.

Of course, I don't expect you to actually read any of this, because I'm actually talking about football, and you just want to complain.

Suppose this fits here, does anyone know if the Pirate Life/ PA 150th special edition beer is a one and done thing or is it ongoing?

Tried to get some yesterday and all 3 of my local Sip n Saves said their allotments sold out within an hour.

One said they had one guy buy all the cartons which i find is massive bullshit. :mad:

Suppose this fits here, does anyone know if the Pirate Life/ PA 150th special edition beer is a one and done thing or is it ongoing?

Tried to get some yesterday and all 3 of my local Sip n Saves said their allotments sold out within an hour.

One said they had one guy buy all the cartons which i find is massive bullshit. :mad:
I heard he was buying it on behalf of a friend in WA.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

even if it's beer you can't just send out 150th limited edition merch to ******* Sip n Saves and let bogans buy them all in one go, should've been offered to members first then go from there.

Sip n Save. come on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back