Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool-gay-marriage-sign-blame.jpg

Personally, I am against "civil marriages." There should be only "civil unions;" marriage is a religious matter — it should be discussed politically only in very rare occasions of extreme necessity.

Civil unions are simply concracts of mutual zeal (people promisse to take care of each other), which include some possession over each other's goods. It can be made between two, three, one hundred people. Sexual relations are irrelevant.

Personally, I am against "civil marriages." There should be only "civil unions;" marriage is a religious matter — it should be discussed politically only in very rare occasions of extreme necessity.

Civil unions are simply concracts of mutual zeal (people promisse to take care of each other), which include some possession over each other's goods. It can be made between two, three, one hundred people. Sexual relations are irrelevant.
No it’s not.
Marriages were around long before Christianity,and have ALWAYS been about property, the Christian ceremony even states the woman to be the property of the man (obey).

Oh and * religion.

Last edited:

I suspect there is very good information elsewhere about this, but what I will say is that since governments recognise marriages it is entirely a political issue. A civil-union is often not recognised in other countries, while marriage is.

No it’s not.
Marriages were around long before Christianity,and have ALWAYS been about property, the Christian ceremony even states the woman to be the property of the man (obey).

Oh and **** religion.

Did you know that Christianity didn't invent religion?

You missed my point. All I'm saying is that even the Most True Atheist Church of Abtucted Time-Travelers could bless any union it may want and call it marriage. The same would be valid for individuals.

The caveat is that other people may not accept such a recognition. However, the state cannot say which unions are blessed and which are not, and force it upon others (that is precisely the current issue). The state can recognize civil unions as such, though; and all the obligations and rights that follow them.

Did you know that Christianity didn't invent religion?

You missed my point. All I'm saying is that even the Most True Atheist Church of Abtucted Time-Travelers could bless any union it may want and call it marriage. The same would be valid for individuals.

The caveat is that other people may not accept such a recognition. However, the state cannot say which unions are blessed and which are not, and force it upon others (that is precisely the current issue).

No it isn’t, the current issue is that the ‘civil’ safeguards are not equal to marriage. Hence the need to equalise marriage, which is and always has been about property and the protection of it in a union of two people.

It has never been about religion. The religious only use that as an excuse to object.

No it isn’t, the current issue is that the ‘civil’ safeguards are not equal to marriage. Hence the need to equalise marriage, which is and always has been about property and the protection of it in a union of two people.

It has never been about religion. The religious only use that as an excuse to object.

Marriage is a kind of civil union, not the other way around. The debate is upside down.

Marriage is simply a "blessed union." Since the state cannot/should not/must not impose what is sacred, it is not up to it to say what is marriage and what is not.

I suspect there is very good information elsewhere about this, but what I will say is that since governments recognise marriages it is entirely a political issue. A civil-union is often not recognised in other countries, while marriage is.

You wouldn't have marriages anymore. Australia would be able to make most countries recognize it as equivalent to whatever they may have there.

Boak's hard at it.
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/travboak/videos/1704975239565764/&show_text=1&width=560" width="560" height="587" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
Apart from enjoying watching Travis dreamboat Boak without his shirt on. It does not exactly look like he is hard at it. and what was the tippy tippy push him over stuff? Oh well Trav keep posting without your shirt on and we'll just have to keep judging your workout worth

Marriage is a kind of civil union, not the other way around. The debate is upside down.

Marriage is simply a "blessed union." Since the state cannot/should not/must not impose what is sacred, it is not up to it to say what is marriage and what is not.
Here the ceremony simply sits on top of the legal union aspect. It’s just a show part and totally irrelevant to the debate.
Blessed, hahahahahah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee whiz that comment section is worse than most I look at, but that's not very surprising unfortunately. Aussie rules culture at all levels has a long way to go when it comes to (male) homosexual acceptance.

All this time later and Akermanis is still on the money.

Sent from mTalk

Apart from enjoying watching Travis dreamboat Boak without his shirt on. It does not exactly look like he is hard at it. and what was the tippy tippy push him over stuff? Oh well Trav keep posting without your shirt on and we'll just have to keep judging your workout worth
I think it is great to see them doing that kind of whole body functional exercise.

It is a milliom times better than the kind of isolation beach body type stuff we were doing years ago.

It may not look as impressive (whilst doing it or in individual muscle bulk) but it translates so much better to football.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That’s some serious core work, both with the batons and the squat pushing.

Here the ceremony simply sits on top of the legal union aspect. It’s just a show part and totally irrelevant to the debate.
Blessed, hahahahahah

You laugh, and that's the point. If it is not blessed, it is not marriage. You don't believe in "gay marriage," then. You can't be for it...

I'm FOR equal rights, as much as you. However, I do believe there could be "gay marriage," but that is not for the state to say.

There's a Greek Orthodox Church here in South Australia that isn't recognised by the Church in Greece. Known here as a "community church". Marriages held in those churches are legally recognised in Australia but not in Greece. Not sure what issues it causes.

Anyways back to Ports, does Jimmy and Matt White get a contract for 2018?

You're very much underestimating how hard this would be on your core and keeping your balance

Was reading this morning that Bob Quinn’s son, Greg, suffered a heart attack whilst playing cricket for Goodwood last weekend.

FFS Quinny you are in your 60’s.

He’s always been a fit bloke. Best of luck with the recovery mate.

I'm eager for some fixture news so what I've done is looked at who we won't be playing in Round 1:

Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, Hawthorn, Essendon (apparently they're 3 requested match-ups for Round 1)

Adelaide (never be a Showdown in Round 1)

Geelong (AFL will probably have them at home to the take full advantage of the hype from Abletts return)

West Coast (I'm hearing that they will host the first game at the new Perth stadium)

That leaves: Brisbane, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, North, St Kilda, Sydney, Bulldogs for our Round 1 opponent which will be at home.

No it’s not.
Marriages were around long before Christianity, and have ALWAYS been about property, the Christian ceremony even states the woman to be the property of the man (obey).
Oh and **** religion.
I have had fun doing my Scottish Ancestry..
"Until recently, it was possible to become married by "habitation and repute" just by living together as husband and wife."
They did not have to have a formal marriage as such and all of a sudden you can see them having children.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back