Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, some times it does appear that ` we exist to win premierships ' has been changed to `we exist to be ok,' or as you say `the perfectly safe status quo.'

Interestingly a crers supporting bloke I know reckons their first 2 KPI`s are,

1. make a profit
2. finish in front of Port Adelaide

and when they achieve both of the above the Berts, Bills, Mabels and Madges will stay happy more often than not.

'Finish above Ports' feels like a more ambitious target than anything we've set in recent times. If we did the reverse it would be a step in the right direction.

First we finish above the crows, then we finish above everyone.

Sent from mTalk

No it doesn't. Your membership card has your name on it, right? The barcode on the card is linked to your name. When you swipe your card, the machine doesn't just record 'a person has entered the gate', it records 'Rexie J has entered the gate'. And if you want proof of this, the proof is currently sitting in your email inbox.

My final comment. When did you authorise the SMA to on-send your bar-code number (and therefore name) to the PAFC?

Remember, the SMA is a totally independent organisation so where exactly within the SMA are my/our personal details retained? Direct answer to that please?

My final comment. When did you authorise the SMA to on-send your bar-code number (and therefore name) to the PAFC?

Remember, the SMA is a totally independent organisation so where exactly within the SMA are my/our personal details retained? Direct answer to that please?

https://www.weareportadelaide.com.au/membership/terms-and-conditions/

"All personal information will be used, and may be disclosed, by the Club (including for promotional and marketing purposes) in accordance with the AFL and AFL Club Privacy Policy available at www.afl.com.au/privacy. By providing your personal information you agree to such use and disclosure by the Club and confirm you have read and agree to be bound by the AFL and AFL Club Privacy Policy."

http://www.afl.com.au/privacy

3 Information Collected

"Generally, the AFL and the AFL Clubs collect personal information directly from you via your use of the products and services on offer, use of AFL Online and any registration you make to participate with or receive information from, the AFL or your AFL Club and any business relationship between you and us, including via email. The personal information which the AFL and AFL Clubs collect and hold includes:
  • your name, age, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation, telephone number(s) and your AFL Club support;
  • information about dealings with the AFL and AFL Clubs, including membership history, and subscriptions for AFL services;
  • your AFL game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your AFL or AFL Club membership to obtain entry into a venue; and
  • opinions and beliefs provided via surveys and questionnaires."

"All personal information will be used, and may be disclosed, by the Club (including for promotional and marketing purposes) in accordance with the AFL and AFL Club Privacy Policy available at www.afl.com.au/privacy. By providing your personal information you agree to such use and disclosure by the Club and confirm you have read and agree to be bound by the AFL and AFL Club Privacy Policy."

3 Information Collected

"Generally, the AFL and the AFL Clubs collect personal information directly from you via your use of the products and services on offer, use of AFL Online and any registration you make to participate with or receive information from, the AFL or your AFL Club and any business relationship between you and us, including via email. The personal information which the AFL and AFL Clubs collect and hold includes:
  • your name, age, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation, telephone number(s) and your AFL Club support;
  • information about dealings with the AFL and AFL Clubs, including membership history, and subscriptions for AFL services;
  • your AFL game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your AFL or AFL Club membership to obtain entry into a venue; and

3 Information Collected

Appreciated:thumbsu:

Holy 'gosh'.......now I'm getting Funeral Insurance offers...................when will it all end?. Forget it...................I'm all for a BBQ ending:p:D

Gee Rexie I had the popcorn.giff already to go and it all ended rather quickly.

Have we got new marketing people in?. Seems like some of our "member interaction" is a bit off the mark.Social media that tries to hard to be funny (rather than clever which then draws in the funny).

I don't have a problem with the club using my card/membership to "track" me and knowing when I go to a game or what merch I buy (used properly and ethically can be a fantastic tool).

Might be just me but ever since Kyles experience with iTunes and the human centrepad I usually read terms and conditions.

My concern would be (and forgive me Rexie J I don't mean to infer in any way your personal circumstances) what if the person was indeed missing or very unwell or worse.You would want a bloody good database that I am not sure we have.

I would also be a bit miffed if I had been a member since Moses was a pup and at basically every game and then due to something beyond my control I got something from the club that inferred I was letting my team down.

Not to make it bigger than it is but I think the communication from the club could have been expressed or targeted better.

Keep rockin on Rexie I enjoy your posts usually contain nuggets of wisdom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff me!. It counts the numbers who enter... FULL STOP. If people are totally comfortable with the fact a third party - the SMA - can on send who attends and doesn't attend AO then that's fine but as I said, with privacy regulations these days, I think it's unacceptable but each to their own I guess.

Rexie, I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you ...

Gee Rexie I had the popcorn.giff already to go and it all ended rather quickly.

Have we got new marketing people in?. Seems like some of our "member interaction" is a bit off the mark.Social media that tries to hard to be funny (rather than clever which then draws in the funny).

I don't have a problem with the club using my card/membership to "track" me and knowing when I go to a game or what merch I buy (used properly and ethically can be a fantastic tool).

Might be just me but ever since Kyles experience with iTunes and the human centrepad I usually read terms and conditions.

My concern would be (and forgive me Rexie J I don't mean to infer in any way your personal circumstances) what if the person was indeed missing or very unwell or worse.You would want a bloody good database that I am not sure we have.

I would also be a bit miffed if I had been a member since Moses was a pup and at basically every game and then due to something beyond my control I got something from the club that inferred I was letting my team down.

Not to make it bigger than it is but I think the communication from the club could have been expressed or targeted better.

Keep rockin on Rexie I enjoy your posts usually contain nuggets of wisdom.

Oh dear, now I'm starting to blush, so pleased you get an occasional word of wisdom from a person way beyond their Biblically allotted years:D:p:D

The final finale:).

Just booked our 5th flight/trip in as many years to Hong Kong with a substantial discount without a bar code or Port membership number in sight:D:D

A tad peeved with the club at this moment. Just received an email from the Membership which no doubt they find hilarious.

MISSING. 'wife's name'. Last seen at Adelaide Oval Round 5 v Carlton. If found please return to Adelaide Saturday etc etc etc

Now apart from the fact the lady in question was quite ill, I'm stunned at the ability of the club to be able to track a member's attendance or otherwise at AO. In this day and age of privacy stuff, I reckon this is a tad out of order.

I'm not fussed about the scannage. It's how they determined who'd be eligible to win the Renault that time, when you were entered if you attended every game, or rather, your ticket got scanned 11 times. Or was that the year they just randomly decided to give the money to charity? I forget. But man that was weird.

It's the choice of delivery that was potentially offensive:

IMG_4068.JPG

Missing person on the side of a milk carton? Pretty insensitive.

I mean, what if you're vegan or lactose intolerant?!

I'm not fussed about the scannage. It's how they determined who'd be eligible to win the Renault that time, when you were entered if you attended every game, or rather, your ticket got scanned 11 times. Or was that the year they just randomly decided to give the money to charity? I forget. But man that was weird.

It's the choice of delivery that was potentially offensive:

View attachment 382275

Missing person on the side of a milk carton? Pretty insensitive.

I mean, what if you're vegan or lactose intolerant?!

Hope Rob Kelvin has been attending games.

Oh dear, now I'm starting to blush, so pleased you get an occasional word of wisdom from a person way beyond their Biblically allotted years:D:p:D

You are above 3 score years and 10 R J, and you are on your 2nd bottle of Riesling?
Might pay to make sure there are no trip hazards tonight between you and the en suite. ;)

Got same email this afternoon also, wife has been attending corporates whilst we slum it.
IMG_2081.PNG
Thing is, her family were friends with Kirsty Gordon's family during their ordeal. We're not precious but carn ports media team.

You are above 3 score years and 10 R J, and you are on your 2nd bottle of Riesling?
Might pay to make sure there are no trip hazards tonight between you and the en suite. ;)

It may have been more helpful if mentioned there were three others with me '54. Not one of us blew over 0.024 so all good:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back