Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.weareportadelaide.com.au/membership/terms-and-conditions/

"All personal information will be used, and may be disclosed, by the Club (including for promotional and marketing purposes) in accordance with the AFL and AFL Club Privacy Policy available at www.afl.com.au/privacy. By providing your personal information you agree to such use and disclosure by the Club and confirm you have read and agree to be bound by the AFL and AFL Club Privacy Policy."

http://www.afl.com.au/privacy

3 Information Collected

"Generally, the AFL and the AFL Clubs collect personal information directly from you via your use of the products and services on offer, use of AFL Online and any registration you make to participate with or receive information from, the AFL or your AFL Club and any business relationship between you and us, including via email. The personal information which the AFL and AFL Clubs collect and hold includes:
  • your name, age, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation, telephone number(s) and your AFL Club support;
  • information about dealings with the AFL and AFL Clubs, including membership history, and subscriptions for AFL services;
  • your AFL game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your AFL or AFL Club membership to obtain entry into a venue; and
  • opinions and beliefs provided via surveys and questionnaires."
They actually can't tell who used the ticket anyway, only if that persons ticket was used.

Invite a mate and make sure the ticket is used. Problem solvered.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The SMA every Monday sends the club reports on which members is which stands turned up ie which membership cards were swiped to gain access. Plus info on tickets purchased via ticketek or at the gate. Matthew Richardson one day showed me the detailed reports he gets with plenty of breakdown of the data collected. Now he didn't have membership names in the reports he showed me but that data would be available with a request to the SMA and the push of a button.

Its a database system and its the sort of info all sporting teams need to do analysis of who shows up and who doesn't and who then to target with inquires of why they aren't turning up.

It also helps to check and reconcile the numbers the SMA produce so that they aren't doing some dodgy s**t and undercutting us on the stadium deal.

Anyone know our updated head-to-head tallies against our various opposition clubs?

Would we be over 50% against Brisbane these days?

Anyone know our updated head-to-head tallies against our various opposition clubs?

Would we be over 50% against Brisbane these days?

Yeah we are.

Greater than 50% against 10 clubs including the Lions.

Exactly 50% against the Crows, Bulldogs and Giants.

Less than 50% against the Cats, Magpies, Swans and Kangaroos.

Also, im not reading all the way through the gameday thread,

Did anyone else notice they were insanely quick on the 30 second timer. I'm pretty sure Dixon's started while the ball was on the ground 20 metres away from him and got down to 20 when he finally got the ball in his hands.
I noticed that

Did anyone else notice they were insanely quick on the 30 second timer. I'm pretty sure Dixon's started while the ball was on the ground 20 metres away from him and got down to 20 when he finally got the ball in his hands.
Yes those around us in our bay were commenting on it.

https://www.weareportadelaide.com.au/membership/terms-and-conditions/

"All personal information will be used, and may be disclosed, by the Club (including for promotional and marketing purposes) in accordance with the AFL and AFL Club Privacy Policy available at www.afl.com.au/privacy. By providing your personal information you agree to such use and disclosure by the Club and confirm you have read and agree to be bound by the AFL and AFL Club Privacy Policy."

http://www.afl.com.au/privacy

3 Information Collected

"Generally, the AFL and the AFL Clubs collect personal information directly from you via your use of the products and services on offer, use of AFL Online and any registration you make to participate with or receive information from, the AFL or your AFL Club and any business relationship between you and us, including via email. The personal information which the AFL and AFL Clubs collect and hold includes:
  • your name, age, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation, telephone number(s) and your AFL Club support;
  • information about dealings with the AFL and AFL Clubs, including membership history, and subscriptions for AFL services;
  • your AFL game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your AFL or AFL Club membership to obtain entry into a venue; and
  • opinions and beliefs provided via surveys and questionnaires."
As an ex-computing person I know all this, even though Rexie may not know how databases work.

But, also as an ex-computer person I am well aware that privacy issues are real and not to be minimised.

On that angle I am very much on Rexie"s side. They can use the data gained via bar codes or whatever in an averaging sense. For general questionnaires as well. No problems. But "they" should not be using it for individuals as they did here simply because it might cause pain, as it obviously did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an ex-computing person I know all this, even though Rexie may not know how databases work.

But, also as an ex-computer person I am well aware that privacy issues are real and not to be minimised.

On that angle I am very much on Rexie"s side. They can use the data gained via bar codes or whatever in an averaging sense. For general questionnaires as well. No problems. But "they" should not be using it for individuals as they did here simply because it might cause pain, as it obviously did.
You sign all of those rights away choosing to become a paid up member.

Terms of service or whatever.

Vale 4 times premiership player Bob Marrett. The story says he was brother of Peter but I think he is also related to Paul Marrett.

finbarr mentioned that one in the review thread. I remember it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back