Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

7c3e2ad50fc3cd2f3300f5de3d060037--august--goal.jpg

So I just watched our EF match against the Eagles for the first time since I watched it live and noticed something very sketchy happen in the last minute of the last quarter! On the 6:42 mark of the video above you'll see the ball land on the boundary line, the boundary umpire then looks at the ball just sitting there on the line, the ball is still in play, the Eagles player then grabs the ball and puts it out of bounds, then the umpire calls for a boundary throw in. Is it just me or should that have been called as deliberate?

So I just watched our EF match against the Eagles for the first time since I watched it live and noticed something very sketchy happen in the last minute of the last quarter! On the 6:42 mark of the video above you'll see the ball land on the boundary line, the boundary umpire then looks at the ball just sitting there on the line, the ball is still in play, the Eagles player then grabs the ball and puts it out of bounds, then the umpire calls for a boundary throw in. Is it just me or should that have been called as deliberate?

Not deliberate. He was running for it, picked it up and was bumped into the post. Naturally he was trying to keep it away from going through but you couldn't call that deliberate.

Agree. After Mackenzie runs into the point post the ball spills free and lays on the boundary line adjacent to the point post. The boundary umpire is in perfect position and stands looking intently at the ball for a second until Mackenzie then reaches around the point post with his right hand and taps the ball out-of-bounds into his left hand on the other side of the point post and out-of-bounds at which point the boundary umpire immediately then calls out-of-bounds. It appears that Mackenzie may have thought that the ball was out-of-bounds already when he taps it into his left hand but the umpire only calls out-of-bounds AFTER he taps it out. That being said - it's all a moot point anyway. We had ample opportunity to win the game well before that point (and thereafter) and failed to capitalize. We lacked composure. We lost. Learn from it. Move on. Look forward to in an awesome season in 2018.

Agree. After Mackenzie runs into the point post the ball spills free and lays on the boundary line adjacent to the point post. The boundary umpire is in perfect position and stands looking intently at the ball for a second until Mackenzie then reaches around the point post with his right hand and taps the ball out-of-bounds into his left hand on the other side of the point post and out-of-bounds at which point the boundary umpire immediately then calls out-of-bounds. It appears that Mackenzie may have thought that the ball was out-of-bounds already when he taps it into his left hand but the umpire only calls out-of-bounds AFTER he taps it out. That being said - it's all a moot point anyway. We had ample opportunity to win the game well before that point (and thereafter) and failed to capitalize. We lacked composure. We lost. Learn from it. Move on. Look forward to in an awesome season in 2018.
Had a look at it again with your explanation which was more specific about when it may have been out of bounds. The questions to be asked there are was it out of bounds already, did McKenzie think so and more importantly what would we have thought if a deliberate was paid against us for that? When it stood up it may have been out and then rolled back in. But like you said, it's a moot point. There were plenty of chances, Chad running down the wing in overtime and kicking to them, Sam Gray having a shot where a point would have won it for us and getting OOF, Darcy kicking the ball and failing to clear McKenzie's fingers with 20 seconds to go. Forcing Charlie to expend so much energy to get his kicks, the last of his six behinds was obviously fatigue. And we need to get our heads around the 30-second rule. Apart from the farce at Simonds players are taking their shots too quickly in concern that time is running out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paint it right before the markets are demolished. The tears would be delicious.

(Am I going to get banned now, or something?)

On the contrary they will be extra-salty developer tears after an 11th-hour heritage listing puts the brakes on the whole shebang. JB is the true Saviour.

Agreed

SPP and some of the other old hands showing the new boys how to watch their diet...

25009329_1958943317762819_1390557780192002048_n.jpg
Looks like a Lebanese restaurant on Cleveland St in Redfern probably a couple of SPP shots on goal, north of Redfern Oval ( which is now a rectangle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back