Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
While I was reading the running match report on the Richmond game on afl.com.au last night they mentioned Richmond are second last for percentage of inside 50s to goals. I checked this screen
http://www.afl.com.au/stats and we are 624 inside 50s for 156 goals, exactly 25%. We are 9th but the 8 below us aren't far below us, Collingwood is worst with 21.3%. The team we play next, Essendon has 150 goals from 514 inside 50s at 29.18%. Adelaide are best at 29.7% and Geelong second with 29.3%.
Our scores to inside 50 percentage is 300/624X100=48.07%.
To check the inside 50 and goal numbers select advanced options and uncheck everything but inside 50s and goals.

While I was reading the running match report on the Richmond game on afl.com.au last night they mentioned Richmond are second last for percentage of inside 50s to goals. I checked this screen
http://www.afl.com.au/stats and we are 624 inside 50s for 156 goals, exactly 25%. We are 9th but the 8 below us aren't far below us, Collingwood is worst with 21.3%. The team we play next, Essendon has 150 goals from 514 inside 50s at 29.18%. Adelaide are best at 29.7% and Geelong second with 29.3%.
Our scores to inside 50 percentage is 300/624X100=48.07%.
To check the inside 50 and goal numbers select advanced options and uncheck everything but inside 50s and goals.
It's a slight concern but you have to also consider the fact that our defence is partially built around locking the ball in our forward half - so we are always going to generate a lot of inside 50s for the sake of defence as much as offence. The fact that we are still one of the highest scoring teams vindicates that.

An article in today's SM about '76 & '77 (Edit 75, 76) when we played our home games at Adelaide Oval & Footy Park

Anyone recognise the people in the pic?
View attachment 377740

What about in this one at the Alberton Hotel? ;)

dd9ae6a97b428c28feec0656ec1ef5ad

It's a slight concern but you have to also consider the fact that our defence is partially built around locking the ball in our forward half - so we are always going to generate a lot of inside 50s for the sake of defence as much as offence. The fact that we are still one of the highest scoring teams vindicates that.
I'm glad this has finally come up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Districts ??
Youngy was at Glenelg. Paddy (and others) at Gaza. Robbie and Dixon took another lot, I am assuming Flinders Park given the person who sent me photos of their lad.

Glenelg Oval. Great turn out, the players are fantastic

Boak was on Triple M this evening while he was at the clinic and said it was a big turnout too. He said he and White were teaching the bump, followed up by "no idea why we are doing that." lol

Boak was on Triple M this evening while he was at the clinic and said it was a big turnout too. He said he and White were teaching the bump, followed up by "no idea why we are doing that." lol
The younger kids try so hard to bump but get it so wrong. Very funny watching it but they love it

PORT Adelaide star Hamish Hartlett has revealed his smartest move in footy — ditching social media.
Hartlett said mental health was the biggest issue facing footballers off the field, and other problems including gambling, illicit drug and alcohol use “come as a result of that”.
He has also revealed how close he came to leaving Port Adelaide during last year’s trade period.
Speaking on Melbourne radio station SEN, Hartlett said the comments by fans online could have a massive impact on players’ mental wellbeing.
“What’s been touched on recently in terms of the things the boys read on social media, they play a huge huge impact on the mental space and the way we can feel,” Hartlett said.
“I got rid of Twitter six months ago and it was probably the best thing I’ve done, to be honest.
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...s/news-story/06cc4b15148932f25c0f8d028298bd84
Thank gawd I don't crap on about our players...

My lad is at Auskick today hosted by Ports. Boak, Ebert, Wingard, Young, Houston, Frampton and Atley in attendance. The kids are loving it and I must say it looks like the players are as well.

Edit - Whitey and Ollie as well.

I took my son to the one up at Mount Lofty Footy Club which was attended by Justin Westhoff, Jimmy Toumpas, Will Snelling, Riley Bonner and Jarrod Lienert. The players were all great with the kids and stuck around right to the end to sign autographs and take photos despite the fact it was freezing cold and starting to pelt with rain. Kudos to the players and PAFC.

I took my son to the one up at Mount Lofty Footy Club which was attended by Justin Westhoff, Jimmy Toumpas, Will Snelling, Riley Bonner and Jarrod Lienert. The players were all great with the kids and stuck around right to the end to sign autographs and take photos despite the fact it was freezing cold and starting to pelt with rain. Kudos to the players and PAFC.
These guys of ours are champs, absolute champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back