Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-05-04/spp-proud-to-design-2019-indigenous-guernsey

Pepps has designed this year's Indigenous Guernsey.

If I'm honest it's not my favourite one we've done, and getting the players to do it rather than Indigenous artists is starting to show, but I do like the meaning behind it.

We're wearing it against Hawks in Tassie, in Shanghai against the Saints which is interesting, and home against Geelong.
We are wearing it three times this season? This club has seriously lost the ******* plot!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We are wearing it three times this season? This club has seriously lost the ******* plot!

Yet ask for the Prison Bars and everyone goes nuts.

https://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-05-04/spp-proud-to-design-2019-indigenous-guernsey

If I'm honest it's not my favourite one we've done, and getting the players to do it rather than Indigenous artists is starting to show, but I do like the meaning behind it.

We're wearing it against Hawks in Tassie, in Shanghai against the Saints which is interesting, and home against Geelong.
I don't mind it. Looks pretty good.

I don’t mind it at all and I too really love the stories and connections it encapsulates.
Good work Peppa.

What an interesting thing to get upset about ...

Well wearing it Indigenous round is obvious, and then I like that we wear it once at home too.

And then against St Kilda we'd normally have to wear the clash anyway, I reckon this is a better look so that's a win for us there.

Wearing it for the Shanghai game is a great idea.
It’s Australiana for a game used as a tourism vehicle, and means we don’t have to wear the grey one.

So no special China jumper vs St Kilda?

Whose last year is it at Port for our senior group?
Gray and Boak extended
Ryder looking wobbly?
Westhoff almost on to Vegan pastures.

I’d say that’s about it from best 22

Gray and Boak extended
Ryder looking wobbly?

Hoff will go for a few years more, Ryder looks in better shape than he was last year.

Hoff will go for a few years more, Ryder looks in better shape than he was last year.

Performance was they are both lacking influence, if Ladhams continues to progress perhaps out with the old

Gray and Boak extended
Ryder looking wobbly?

1 year deals for all of the time. No point delisting anyone in favour of guys yet to play an AFL games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uploaded by the SANFL youtube. Didn't know there used to be 25m lines. Also reminds me of some of the goals that Polec kicked.

I was there! It was not long after I'd moved to WA and I flexed off from work for the afternoon - Blighty kicked a big bag (may have bee double figures) and took a trademark speccy in the goal square. SA won something like 30 goals to 16.

I vaguely remember the WAFL having the 25 metre line as well as the 50. I'm not sure why - I don't think any rules applied to it - and it disappeared before too long.

I vaguely remember the WAFL having the 25 metre line as well as the 50. I'm not sure why - I don't think any rules applied to it - and it disappeared before too long.
I wouldn't be adverse to having 25 metre lines these days. I'd bet it'd show up our Inside 25's to Inside 50's ratio was not in the top half of the league.

Uploaded by the SANFL youtube. Didn't know there used to be 25m lines. Also reminds me of some of the goals that Polec kicked.

They used it for about 5 season as I reckon 1983 was the first year, as in the 1983 state game against the Vics it has a 50m line and WCE used it in 1987 at Subiaco. The VFL stopped WCE using it at the end of 1987.

The WAFL were the first ones to put up the 50m arc, pretty sure they put up both up at the same time. The VFL introduced the 50m arc mid 1986. Why mid year I don't know, but it was either round 9 or 10. I read a thread about it on the main board 3 or 4 years ago.

Should bring it back. Inside 25 is a more useful stat that inside 50. Umpires need all the help they can get to judge distance and a 25m arc would help them.

Maybe the 6-6-6 becomes 3-3-6-3-3. But like the 50m arc became a way for coaches to set players up, use it as markers to explain the game, create zones etc, I'm sure a 25m arc would be used in a similar way.

Here is a 1987 VFL game WCE vs Hawthorn. There it is on the frozen screen of the youtube link,

Last edited:
Definitely not a South Australian thing. We are very resistant to innovation.
Actually that's not true. The SANFL were reasonably innovative under Don Brebner and Don Roach in the 1970's.

It was once Max had been president for a few years and Roach left to become CEO of the swans, conspiracy theorists said it was a VFL plot, that the SANFL became very conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back