Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the 70s.
Lets stick a random kid on an elephant and let it run free in front of 20 thousand noisy strangers - most of them drunk.
What could possibly go wrong?

Bloody SJWs wouldn't allow it these days
Don't worry about the SJW's, its the lawyers - well laws - that don't allow it these days.

Most people survived it safe and sound, didn't they?

Everyone except the elephant. The elephant was shot dead or escaped. I can’t remember which.

This song may explain it better.

Most people survived it safe and sound, didn't they?
With the exception of those that didn't survive and are not here to tell stories about how much they loved the 70s. I actually think this is probably one of the most stupid arguments I hear/read regularly. (Sorry GP, not having a go at you personally).

Apparently Cam Sutcliffe could be involved in the WAFL vs SANFL game tomorrow. As well as former Port players like Dom Barry, Anthony Wilson, Danyle Pearce, Matt Rose, Will Snelling, Justin Hoskin and Keenan Ramsey. Josh Carr coaching and Jacob Surjan is the assistant coach.

Will probs be streamed here. Hopefully Sutcliffe doesn't get injured.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
With the exception of those that didn't survive and are not here to tell stories about how much they loved the 70s. I actually think this is probably one of the most stupid arguments I hear/read regularly. (Sorry GP, not having a go at you personally).
No problem. I wasn't arguing at all.

GremioPower if you get to Buenos Aires, you can have a beer and talk Ports with these guys.

Haha I got this twitter alert 15 minutes before the showdown and i'm thinking not too many Port people will be watching this tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/dosdingos/
Two Argies introduced into Australia for the best part of a decade. The Dingos adapted to the continent becoming one with it. They got inspired by it's flavours, aromas, ingredients and people and have returned to their motherland to inspire and preach Passion for Enjoyment through beer.

Perhaps someone with more footy smarts than me can explain why we persist with a game plan , structures and selection utterly unsuited to a ground we play on twelve times a year?

31-28 since we won our first 8 there.

How this shameful record gains no traction amidst the ‘Portress’, ‘hostile environment’, ‘tough place to play’ falsehoods is beyond me.

Seaton Ramblers B’s would be half a chance against us in the city.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Charlie Dixon can't return quickly enough for depleted Power

Port Adelaide's attacking structure is in disarray without having a big target who can take a contested mark or at least bring the ball to ground. The Power's woes were there for all to see in their 20-point loss to Adelaide in Showdown 46. Tall forwards Todd Marshall and Justin Westhoff didn't kick a goal, while ruckmen Paddy Ryder and Scott Lycett also didn't have an impact when they went forward. It took defender Dougal Howard to show them how it was done, kicking two goals when swung forward in the last quarter. When Dixon returns remains unclear, but he is gradually increasing his training loads with the hope he comes back soon after the club's mid-season bye. - Lee Gaskin

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-12/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-eight

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dixon will roll his ankle straight away and then go at 30% for the rest of the season. We need to move past relying on Dixon and Ryder because they are rarely fit.
Dixon will come back and Hinkley will drop Marshall (if hadn't already), so he can be triple teamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back