Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GremioPower if you get to Buenos Aires, you can have a beer and talk Ports with these guys.

Haha I got this twitter alert 15 minutes before the showdown and i'm thinking not too many Port people will be watching this tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/dosdingos/
Two Argies introduced into Australia for the best part of a decade. The Dingos adapted to the continent becoming one with it. They got inspired by it's flavours, aromas, ingredients and people and have returned to their motherland to inspire and preach Passion for Enjoyment through beer.

Good beer and Port footy?! I will certainly check it out!

Something I meant to ask but forgot in the excitement from Saturday. As it was Riccuito on commentary, I watched in silence, and was intrigued to see Gav's name come up on the commentary team. I assume he was allowed three words from the boundary so the broadcaster could claim balance, but did he have more than this? Was he any better than the others? Is this a regular gig for him?

With the 150 celebrations next year would love to see the club do a professionally produced documentary record. The sort of thing you see the NFL do in the US or in the EPL. Promote and sell our story world wide.

With the 150 celebrations next year would love to see the club do a professionally produced documentary record. The sort of thing you see the NFL do in the US or in the EPL. Promote and sell our story world wide.
You mean like NFL Films do?

Dixon will come back and Hinkley will drop Marshall (if hadn't already), so he can be triple teamed.

I’m particularly fond of how he can’t abide ‘too many’ talls, begrudgingly picking and then cant wait to drop them - Butcher, Eddy, Frampton, Marshall - but he can pack the front half with as many Sams, Jakes, Jarmans, Aidyns and Aarons as a patch of turf can handle.

The paucity of structure, forward movement, goals and wins that accompanies his One Tall Policy™ is one of those weird 7-year coincidences.

I’m particularly fond of how he can’t abide ‘too many’ talls, begrudgingly picking and then cant wait to drop them - Butcher, Eddy, Frampton, Marshall - but he can pack the front half with as many Sams, Jakes, Jarmans, Aidyns and Aarons as a patch of turf can handle.

The paucity of structure, forward movement, goals and wins that accompanies his One Tall Policy is one of those weird 7-year coincidences.

Can’t they just humour us for once and pick a plethora of tall forwards and see how it goes? It may end up being a clusterf*ck but I don’t really see the risk of a worse downside than the Fat Aidyn Showdown or the billionty times Neade, Gray, Mitchell etc. were selected with no result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like NFL Films do?

I assume it's NFL Films that produce what I'm thinking of

They've been on FTA in Aus during the NFL Season

What stood out to me was the high quality of the filming, the behind the scenes footage, the different game day footage angles, the raw emotion, the highlights and lowlights, the story

Makes for compelling viewing

I can't recall any other AFL team doing anything like this

I would love to see something of the quality of NFL Films in the AFL, but they’re so high quality that I don’t have any faith that production teams here could match it

I assume it's NFL Films that produce what I'm thinking of

They've been on FTA in Aus during the NFL Season

What stood out to me was the high quality of the filming, the behind the scenes footage, the different game day footage angles, the raw emotion, the highlights and lowlights, the story

Makes for compelling viewing

I can't recall any other AFL team doing anything like this

NFL films started in the mid 1960''s by a private individual and was pretty limited but grew over time. The founder died in the 1980s and his son took over the business and the hosting of each film. It was a great partnership and the NFL purchased the company after they started the NFL Network 24/7 cable station 15 years ago, thinking they would make a s**t load of money out of a 24/7 network and owing NFL films gave them so much content.

But the NFL Network loses a lot of $$$$ and the NFL don't go public with the size of the loss.

The son died in 2011 and the new CEO with a TV production background, rather than move to the NY office stayed in LA. Supposedly to cut costs the HD quality cameras used and other technical hardware and softare products have fallen off the pace as well as the depth of coverage too.

So in Oz given Foxtel and Fox Footy loses money we won't get an NFL equivalent. AFL set up AFL Films 15-20 years ago but that has just ened up being a company that manages the library of video of games produced by the broadcasters.

The closest we have is Peter and his late brother Rob Dickson''s company - Dickson Films - that makes one or two footy films a year usually commissioned by the AFL. They have been making a film between seasons where the premiers and grand finalists watch replay of the GF and comment about it, for the last 3 years. They have started making cricket docos as well.

Or you get the odd independent doco film maker like Michael Cordell and his Year of the Dogs doco following Footscray over their 1996 season.

Last edited:
Your a 'font of information' REH

Thanks

Still think the idea / format has some merit
I do too. Like all clubs we do the cheap internal videos. The crows get 7 to film The Crows show. You have Magpies TV, Bombers TV.

I loved watching those NFL Films in the 80's and 90's and said I wish we would document our history in a similar way.

Koch has a production company. Pinstripe Media. They produced my mate The Airport Economist''s TV series doing business in Latin America screening on Sky Business channel and Ch 95 Your Money at the moment.

Could be
I do too. Like all clubs we do the cheap internal videos. The crows get 7 to film The Crows show. You have Magpies TV, Bombers TV.

I loved watching those NFL Films in the 80's and 90's and said I wish we would document our history in a similar way.

Koch has a production company. Pinstripe Media. They produced my mate The Airport Economist''s TV series doing business in Latin America screening on Sky Business channel and Ch 95 Your Money at the moment.
Wrong, but I'm sure i read somewhere that AFC Media is it's own production company (now livestreaming Adelaide Bite games too} and 7 are just in bed with them to screen all the product they produce for tv

Could be

Wrong, but I'm sure i read somewhere that AFC Media is it's own production company (now livestreaming Adelaide Bite games too} and 7 are just in bed with them to screen all the product they produce for tv
It's a joint production. Read the credits at the end, which I happened to catch the last couple of minutes of a show last year. Unless it has changed this year.

I'd be pretty disappointed in the club if they played Ryan Burton after a hamstring concern as well as sending Brad Ebert back onto the ground after a head knock. He's now in Melbourne seeking more consultation.

Have heard Oak are getting skittish with regards to their sponsorship. We could be on the look out again sooner rather than later.

Strongly linked to continued onfield performance concerns and the associated lack of exposure.

The plug given to Oak on Roaming Bryan was wholly intentional and planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back