Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our SANFL jumpers it now has OAK and Chemist Warehouse as the front sponsor and BCFR (Accountants) on the back.

In the front half of the season it was OAK and VALO on the front and VALO on the back.

Hopefully they fix the back sponsor up a bit because the big white bumper sticker makes the panel disappear.
Looking good!

Who the **** is in charge of this ****? I cannot fathom how there can be somebody so impossibly inept at their job that they would think that this is a good thing to do?
The content in the article itself, is fine I guess. Nothing too awful in there, and I think they do it every game.

The tweet though haha, not great.

It's getting ratioed as well. 25 responses is the most i've seen from a port twitter post. LOL indeed

I'm actually sitting here at work grinning like an idiot at just how stupid this whole situation is.

When's Ashton Kutcher jumping out to tell me that I've been Punk'd and the last 5 years were just an elaborate prank? That's the only way I can link this to any sensible reality.

Looking good!

Has the Oxygen sponsorship always been there above the white panel? I thought it was an instruction at first ;) then I noticed their sponsorship signage at the ground.

Has the Oxygen sponsorship always been there above the white panel? I thought it was an instruction at first ;) then I noticed their sponsorship signage at the ground.
Yeah that might be new too.

Who the **** is in charge of this ****? I cannot fathom how there can be somebody so impossibly inept at their job that they would think that this is a good thing to do?
Not just a good thing, but directed to I'm sure. It's blatantly obvious the club doesn't want supporters to think in terms of seasons anymore. Each game is being pushed hard as a separate experience, where you can go enjoy yourself.

We hang s**t on Crows fans as theatre goers, but even their club has never as actively pushed that as the end game. Port has become, by design "Well that game (/movie) was bad, but your favourite players (/actors) are back in the next Hinkley directed blockbuster in two weeks!".

The tweet in question was just deleted. Unfortunately for them, they can't delete screenshots.

I am leaving this here as yet another reminder of this club's contempt for its supporters:

ahV8TRx.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've been a sponsor for a while with signage at Alberton since at least last season. They also did the redevelopment of Brad Ebert's current house. I haven't noticed them on the guernsey before.

Not just a good thing, but directed to I'm sure. It's blatantly obvious the club doesn't want supporters to think in terms of seasons anymore. Each game is being pushed hard as a separate experience, where you can go enjoy yourself.

We hang **** on Crows fans as theatre goers, but even their club has never as actively pushed that as the end game. Port has become, by design "Well that game (/movie) was bad, but your favourite players (/actors) are back in the next Hinkley directed blockbuster in two weeks!".

Distinct, “lol it’s just a game, better luck next time”, vibe from the Prez down.

And if we don’t reinvest in this Bollywood take on our club we’re the fickle ones lol.

The tweet in question was just deleted. Unfortunately for them, they can't delete screenshots.

I am leaving this here as yet another reminder of this club's contempt for its supporters:

ahV8TRx.png

That ratio...

ahV8TRx.png

Actually more people with way more angry tweets then me with this tweet , bit shocked because I'm nasty with my criticism

omg our media team strikes again haha lol

Farken lulz

"Know your audience" is a fave line of producers and execs. They love throwing it out there. And I'm with 'em on this (even if they just use it as a glib buzz-phrase more often than not, lol.)

Clearly, our media team doesn't know our supporter base. And I wonder if they even know our club? Our history? Our tradition? Coz if they did, they'd never put out anything so incendiary. That's just pissing in the faces of pissed-off Port supporters.

They seem to view the official club platforms as just more sh!ts 'n' giggles social media accounts whoring for likes and shares, anyway I'm sure they've got plenty of analytics to back up their bullsh!t...

Last edited:
they didn't actually get rid of 'the social rooms' article but i guess it's cute keeping a weekly compilation of every social media post from all people who love Ken Hinkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back