Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you had to choose one big name player at Port over 23 to send elsewhere for us to make top 4 who would you choose?

Big name quite vague. Westhoff, Ryder the obvious candidates on 1 year deals. I get the feeling you’re not asking for one of them more so asking for a player in the 23-29yo range. In which it would be one of our slow inside mids.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never tear my jumper apart.

703606_ll.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Don't think it is televised apart from the usual snafl stream

Absolutely, but I can't tell if he knows that he's coming across that way or not. Adds some nice subtext.

I listened to his 11-12 minute bit with Brayshaw and Brownless on MMM.

It’s weird.

He sounds philosophical and self-deprecating about it all now — “I probably played the best 10 games of my life in the lead up to getting drafted so I somehow went at #10 — but given his track record and the way it all panned out it’s obvious he was a gigantic uncoachable FIGJAM.

The story about handballing it through the goals in that match-sim because he didn’t have his ‘kicking licence’ means he’s either a certifiable moron (no) or unprofessional cancer (ding-ding-ding).

Fancy trying to build a club and culture from the ground up while wrangling 40 kids up there, and one of your first round picks is pulling a stunt more in line with country C-grade.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Here's the man of the moment baking cupcakes with his very own PTSD dog.

CANINE COOKERY: Hamish Hartlett baking with his dog, Lenny, to raise funds for the RSPCA. Picture: SARAH REED

Last edited:
What about North Melbourne and Essendon?

Must be the first time ever lol

We beat them both away in 2015. And we beat North away and WADA Essendon at home in 2016, which sort of barely counts.

Any stat involving us beating Geelong is bound to be skewed because prior to this season we'd only beaten them twice since 2004.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We beat them both away in 2015. And we beat North away and WADA Essendon at home in 2016, which sort of barely counts.

Any stat involving us beating Geelong is bound to be skewed because prior to this season we'd only beaten them twice since 2004.
Oh I meant all four of them. Sydney, Geelong, Essendon and North

And we beat North away and WADA Essendon at home in 2016, which sort of barely counts.

Our generally atrocious record against Essendon from 2011-2018 doesn’t get highlighted enough.

They’ve been diabolical for the better part of 20 years and somehow the likes of David Myers, Ben Howlett, Scott Gumbleton, Cory Dell’Olio, Kyle Hardingham and Jason Winderlich have combined to look like worldbeaters at the sight of teal with spooky frequency.

Do you think this might have something to do with cashflow problems RussellEbertHandball? From the AFL Annual Report:

View attachment 725315
Nope that has been there for years. Well was there with our bankers before BankSA, The AFL reports a contingent liability in their notes to accounts covering $5m. From Note 4, page 167.

This is from page

Janus this is the first time the AFL reports the $5m contigent liability in their notes to the accounts, Page 146 2015 AFL annual report.

You probably missed this during you Big footy hiatius period but these 2 posts I made after Rooch said we were $11m in debt and could be $15m at the end of the year, after our 2018 accounts said $8m and 2017 $6m. I explain our accounting trick. We copied what crows did in 2016. See

and more specific.

Malcolm Blight could hardly have been more glowing in his praise of Peter Ladhams tonight. "The kid is a star. He's only played 4 games - most players take 15 games to feel like they belong at this level, but he's there already." We've got a diamond here folks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back