Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question. Why was the North performance swept under the carpet? It destroyed any finals chance and we had scenarios like a 3-possession game from a guy high in our B&F.

To play like that at a critical juncture, when the previous week's game had been solid, is surely worthy of some introspection? More than just "uh, we dunno power".

My guess:

Because something happened at the club that week that they’ve kept a tight lid on.
It was the same week that Wines flagged he was open to being traded.

My guess:

Because something happened at the club that week that they’ve kept a tight lid on.
It was the same week that Wines flagged he was open to being traded.
Isnt that the week the club told the players and their managers that Ken was staying?

We desperately need an external review so we can find out how the players and coaches really feel.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Serious question. Why was the North performance swept under the carpet? It destroyed any finals chance and we had scenarios like a 3-possession game from a guy high in our B&F.

To play like that at a critical juncture, when the previous week's game had been solid, is surely worthy of some introspection? More than just "uh, we dunno power".

It’s been the case since we shot our wads against West Coast (17pts up at HT) and Brisbane (belted at the Gabba by the 17th-placed side we thumped by 100+ upon last meeting) in subsequent weeks in 2015.

“dunno lol we’ll get back to it I guess”

Can we get Jonas out in the media more to let us know how grateful we should be that we finished 10th?

I don’t think he has mentioned it enough yet.....

Reasons from cocaptain;

1. It’s better than bottom 4
2. Crowds aren’t that low so it’s okay
3. Tough competition
4. You could barrack for Gold Coast?
5. YoUng PlaYerS

This guys IS THE WORST CAPTAIN in the competition.

It’s been the case since we shot our wads against West Coast (17pts up at HT) and Brisbane (belted at the Gabba by the 17th-placed side we thumped by 100+ upon last meeting) in subsequent weeks in 2015.

We had a young team in 2015 remember. We were always going to be inconsistent.

"It just happens, doesn't it? Football comes and goes 'whack, cop that'."

"I reckon I'm going to back them and say: 'You know what? That's a little unusual for us'," Hinkley said.

But you said it is just a guess. How does that hold any weight?

I don't follow. I said it was a guess, so why does it need to 'hold weight'?

Can we get Jonas out in the media more to let us know how grateful we should be that we finished 10th?

I don’t think he has mentioned it enough yet.....

Reasons from cocaptain;

1. It’s better than bottom 4
2. Crowds aren’t that low so it’s okay
3. Tough competition
4. You could barrack for Gold Coast?
5. YoUng PlaYerS

This guys IS THE WORST CAPTAIN in the competition.
Ted says hi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've literally never looked inward after any loss ever. Occasionally we'll drop a few players that we select again a week later.

If it makes you feel any better, Ken doesn't know why we lose. But he also doesn't know why we win when we have a good win against a good side, like Geelong or West Coast this year. The coaches as a group don't understand where things are going wrong (or right) and as such can't correct them.

Because a guess means nothing and just starts a rumour from absolutely nothing.
I don’t get the point of a ‘guess’

What rumour? That 'something happened'?

lol

Nup.

I’m gonna need a translator please folks.
Gay? Joyful.
Happy-clapper? Port's polyannas — everything is just fine. Stay positive.

It is interesting how they change from "happy-clappers" to "angry mob", if you dare say that the club is going nowhere and that you want change.

Last edited:
MVP awards are on Thursday. Each club players vote for their top 3 players, puts them forward to the PA and then all 800+ players vote on the pool of players put forward by the 18 clubs. Our boys put the following players forward.

Rozee probably has a better chance to win the 800 players voted Best First year Player than the Rising Star award voted on by 10 AFL selectors for .

The AFL Players’ Association MVP Award nominees for 2019 have been revealed, ahead of the awards on Thursday, August 29. The nomination for the MVP Award is a two-stage process. The first involves players nominating three teammates for the award, before three nominees from every club are presented to the wider playing group for a vote to decide the winner. Players cannot vote for their own teammates in stage two of the process. Alongside the Most Courageous, Best Captain and Best First Year award nominees, the league’s players have nominated the three players they believe are their most valuable.

PORT ADELAIDE

MVP: Travis Boak, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Tom Clurey

Most Courageous: Darcy Byrne-Jones

Best First Year: Connor Rozee

Captain: Tom Jonas, Ollie Wines

Says the guy that posts every rumour he reads in a tweet, hears on the wireless or reads on Adelaide Now.
A rumour is a rumour a guess is a guess., a stab in the dark.
Don’t read my posts or links then.
Plenty on here have messaged me and asked me to keep posting them.
As I will.

2013:

2014:

Let_s_talk_Ports__Part_2___Page_332___BigFooty.jpg

2019:

"Stop the agitation; stop the unrest; stop this ridiculous idea that you’re this old SANFL club that should rule the world,” Whateley said. “That’s not you. That’s not you in the AFL."

What happen Gerard?

2013:

2014:

View attachment 735723

2019:

"Stop the agitation; stop the unrest; stop this ridiculous idea that you’re this old SANFL club that should rule the world,” Whateley said. “That’s not you. That’s not you in the AFL."

What happen Gerard?

Ken happened. Chuck that creed away pronto Port fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back