Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should be comparing home game attendances. We're well beaten at 44,514 vs 33,950.

Will be interesting to see how their support holds if they have to endure some of the extended garbage we have in the past 15 seasons.

The numbers for a freezing Sunday twilight at home to GWS when they’re say, 2-9 or 3-8, will be eye-opening.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will be interesting to see how their support holds if they have to endure some of the extended garbage we have in the past 15 seasons.

The numbers for a freezing Sunday twilight at home to GWS when they’re say, 2-9 or 3-8, will be eye-opening.
Fixturing makes a huge ******* difference too.

In the last 3 years we've had rippers such as Sun 12:40 v Gold Coast, and three Saturday 1:40 slots against your traditional high-drawing teams: Sydney, Brisbane, and North.

How many Saturday or Sunday lunch time games have crows had in that time? Zero.

Even the later Satuday/Sunday twilights, the biggest "drawcard teams" we've had are: Eagles x2, Crows, Blues, Tigers, Collingwood x1.

Whereas the crows get: Hawks, Eagles x2, Power x3, Magpies, Tigers.
I.e. 2 more high drawing teams, despite having 5 less games in that timeslot. So not only do the crows get less crappy timeslots, they also get those spots boosted by showdown attendances to top it all off.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I actually feel we have had better time slots in the past few years than the s**tshow of awful Sunday twilight games we used to have the monopoly on
Sure, but that's like preferring a slap across the cheek to being hit in the face by a baseball bat.

I don't blame the AFL for giving us shitty slots lately, we've played an unattractive brand of football. It's the frustration of Adelaide get good slots whether they are serving up champagne football or $2 slop that's turned to vinegar.

25% is a fair whack
800 of the 11,000 decrease is staff not counted by the SMA in 2019 like in 2014. 2,000-3,000 is the shiny new toy wearing off effect. No idea how much effect the travel factor to see the new stadium but the Hinkleyball s**t fest would account for 6,000 at least.

800 of the 11,000 decrease is staff not counted by the SMA in 2019 like in 2014. 2,000-3,000 is the shiny new toy wearing off effect. No idea how much effect the travel factor to see the new stadium but the Hinkleyball s**t fest would account for 6,000 at least.

I didn’t attend the last few because it was just something I didn’t want to do.

Watching Port under Hinkley is like attending a LeFevre Pen swingers’ party with erectile dysfunction.

The tiser love milking this game for all it's worth. They should be paying Dave royalties.

It is funny though that Kane Liked the tweet ;)

The tiser love milking this game for all it's worth. They should be paying Dave royalties.

It is funny though that Kane Liked the tweet ;)

That awful show pony Cornes took a dive, my Davey wouldn’t do that.

Said my nan.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fixturing makes a huge ******* difference too.

In the last 3 years we've had rippers such as Sun 12:40 v Gold Coast, and three Saturday 1:40 slots against your traditional high-drawing teams: Sydney, Brisbane, and North.

How many Saturday or Sunday lunch time games have crows had in that time? Zero.

Even the later Satuday/Sunday twilights, the biggest "drawcard teams" we've had are: Eagles x2, Crows, Blues, Tigers, Collingwood x1.

Whereas the crows get: Hawks, Eagles x2, Power x3, Magpies, Tigers.
I.e. 2 more high drawing teams, despite having 5 less games in that timeslot. So not only do the crows get less crappy timeslots, they also get those spots boosted by showdown attendances to top it all off.

The Crows have more supporters than us and in general have been better performed, they are always going to get a better deal than us.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
08DAE01C-0F3B-44F2-9BB6-57F94F3F71F8.png

At some point during the 2019 season the club language officially switched from premiership contending to developing. It’s disgusting. In no way should the leaders that have delivered the last 5 years of results be allowed to continue over the next 5 years. We’re going nowhere with these jokers.

Last edited:
At some point during the 2019 season the club language officially switched from premiership contending to developing. It’s disgusting. In no way should the leaders that have delivered the last 5 years of results be allowed to continue over the next 5 years. We’re going no where with these jokers.
Developing Sutcliffe, Ryder, Sam Gray and Broadbent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back