Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenstown power has a good ring to it (they're the crows currently)

could our soft metrosexual millenial footballers hack playing in the hail on gravel though?

3ce350f0516be007396654289517c087

Even if they could wouldn't be a game, most AFL umpires certainly couldn't.

Featuring the Shroud of Maffra you'd hope

View attachment 768997

I showed this to John Butcher yesterday and he loved it.

He wasn’t fully aware of just how loved he is.

Still living in Adelaide but he played at home at Maffra during the winter and for Nightcliff in Darwin over summer.

Looks good and is a bloody ripping bloke.

Still living in Adelaide but he played at home at Maffra during the winter and for Nightcliff in Darwin over summer.

Watching Butcher play was my last moment I genuinely remember watching footy

I have no idea why he was my personal fav but * I miss him

I'd bash the media for blowing this up, although it appears we're all happy to go crazy over this, so they've done a good job from their perspective.

From reddit user https://www.reddit.com/user/Yesyouferrett/

Old Logo and Instruction
View attachment 770050
Completely seperate club
View attachment 770051
I went to the you ferret link but couldn't see these graphics. It wasn't until I clicked on the link under

u/Yesyouferrett
2 days ago

Official designations for every AFL club. source: AFL Brandzone

renderTimingPixel.png

ie at the link below that I could see all 18 clubs

Jimmy Unchained thank's for posting that initial link so that I could track thru to all 18 clubs.

I discovered this little nugget of gold. I have commented before that at Port games most fans would say go Maggies and at Collingwood games since I went to my first one in 1990 say go Pies.

Collingwood reckon under no circumstances should the club be referred to as Maggies. On at least 2 occasions this year I have written that James Brayshaw has shown he spent a decade or so in Adelaide and called Collingwood the Maggies. The last time I wrote about it was in the Preliminary Final last quarter in the AFL General thread part 12, when Brayshaw was one of 7's callers and referred to them several times as the Maggies.

It warms the heart a little, to think Brayshaw is either knowingly, or unknowingly, pissing off Eddie.

1572157017459.png

Last edited:
FFS there is some pathetic melting in here, the whole the Power vs The Power thing is referring to things like a list of games

For example if listing a showdown it should be POWER vs CROWS, not THE POWER vs CROWS.

Just like the opening game of the season is TIGERS vs BLUES. Not THE TIGERS vs THE BLUES, but its still fine refering to those two clubs as the Blues or the Tigers.

But keep on with the melting, you're just making the happy clappers on Facebook look like the reasonable, balanced supporters.

Living in NSW, even most of the brain dead Swans happy clappers call us “Port”...

Not a big deal imo
And how many of those are writing media articles about the Port Adelaide Football Club? Or providing graphics on screen? Because thats who the guide is aimed at rather than the great unwashed.

For what it's worth, Chris Doere (Knightmare) at ESPN has 're-graded' our 2018 draft:

1572225814374.png

Crows got marked down from A to D+. For what it's worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone have any issue really if Port was used in a semi official to official sense by media?

i'm sure we as supporters would appreciate PORT being an 'official nickname' i.e. game listed as PORT V CROWS

Gary Buckenara...

PORT ADELAIDE
“I’m not saying that this Port Adelaide playing group is too self-interested, because I don’t know that — only the players themselves will know this deep down.

“There needs to be some robust and honest discussions within Port Adelaide over the summer, centred around one key question: ‘Does team and club success mean enough to us as a playing group?’.”

Gary Buckenara...

PORT ADELAIDE
“I’m not saying that this Port Adelaide playing group is too self-interested, because I don’t know that — only the players themselves will know this deep down.

“There needs to be some robust and honest discussions within Port Adelaide over the summer, centred around one key question: ‘Does team and club success mean enough to us as a playing group?’.”

Welcome to late August 2015 Gary.

We've turned over like 40 players in the time that this has been a relevant question. Our culture sucks, everyone already knows this. The question is now why does it suck and why has the club dug their heels in so hard to avoid doing anything about it for 5 long years?

We probably didn't need much adjustment in 2015. Now we need a total overhaul.

From his appearances on The Alberton Front Bar (port podcast) and interactions with a few of our posters I think he has an inkling.. about how popular he is with bigfooty posters at least.

We could be getting flogged every week but the prospect of JB being picked and possibly kicking 4 would be enough to get me to games. Our Butch.

Welcome to late August 2015 Gary.

We've turned over like 40 players in the time that this has been a relevant question. Our culture sucks, everyone already knows this. The question is now why does it suck and why has the club dug their heels in so hard to avoid doing anything about it for 5 long years?

We probably didn't need much adjustment in 2015. Now we need a total overhaul.
It's increasingly clear that the good culture we fleetingly had in 2013-2014 (never ever give up, fittest club, highest fitness standards etc) was based on a temporary state of euphoria that we weren't s**t anymore (with some natural bonds following JMac's passing to boot), rather than something sustainable.

It reflects in how 50% of our wins seem to be emotion drenched seat of our pants "best wins ever" rather than something that is to be expected.

A lot when wrong before a ball was even bounced in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The term "natural improvement" should be banned at Alberton from now until the year 3000.

Hard to argue with his assessment of us and his opinion of our naming strategy.
And in case you miss it, 3 of the players we've traded out are listed as potential A-graders at other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back