Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing that hasn't already been said. Just says that the club has to be on top of things in terms of what players are thinking and that it's a tough industry. Also says that Hinkley thought that Westhoff still had some good footy left in him which convinced him to go around for another year, but that he was 'open and honest' about what that would involve.

This probably means that Westhoff won't be guaranteed a spot in the 22 anymore.

Hard to argue with his assessment of us and his opinion of our naming strategy.
And in case you miss it, 3 of the players we've traded out are listed as potential A-graders at other clubs.

Any ranking list that has North Melbourne 5th for A grade talent is rubbish. That's how far I got.

Doc: Photos online can't make you ill

Me:
PLjss7r.png

Sadly all local delistees will avoid the magpies like the plague, and will be told by the SANFL clubs that Port can't guarantee much money or a regular gig so they are better off playing elsewhere.

Such is life.
And then bitch and complain about the country/amateur guys we do manage to sign. Saying that we can offer them more money.

Port is in cost saving mode to pay for debt.

Save money not paying 100% of cap by flushing our list with first contractees, delisted free agents, fringe players, shifting veterans payments.

Put the spare 5% into the reduction effort.

jesus has it really come to that?

Id rather go on tin rattling like rich and north did to do it instead

Port Adelaide Powers 2019 Highlights

1 - Connor Rozee

2 - Duursma's Bow and Arrow celebration

3 - Flogging West Coast Eagles at Optus Oval

4 - Beating Geelong Cats at Adelaide Oval

5 - Not signing Orazio Fantasia

6 - Delisting Sam Gray (Now at Sydney Swans)

Just thought i would highlight our 6 only big moments this year. Its better than the 200 mistakes made throught 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide Powers 2019 Highlights

1 - Connor Rozee

2 - Duursma's Bow and Arrow celebration

3 - Flogging West Coast Eagles at Optus Oval

4 - Beating Geelong Cats at Adelaide Oval

5 - Not signing Orazio Fantasia

6 - Delisting Sam Gray (Now at Sydney Swans)

Just thought i would highlight our 6 only big moments this year. Its better than the 200 mistakes made throught 2019.

7. You signing up to bigfooty so I can look at a nice commodore in your display pic.

I believe the club prefers “da Power” ;)
Hahaha it is DA POWER, Port teal, 6 speed twin turbo VL. Used it as my wedding car even got married down at the club said my vows infront of the 2004 grand final trophy. One of the best days of my life same night Port beat Cats in Adelaide 😍

Hahaha it is DA POWER, Port teal, 6 speed twin turbo VL. Used it as my wedding car even got married down at the club said my vows infront of the 2004 grand final trophy. One of the best days of my life same night Port beat Cats in Adelaide 😍
And suddenly Chokito has a rival.

You won't hear anything (apart from media speculation) until Feb. Players will discuss on the camp and then decision gets approved by the board.
If the players vote they dont find Wines fit could it be over turned? Would cause a massive team moral drop

Port Adelaide, without a finals appearance since 2017 or victory since 2014, appears at a crossroad.

With coach Ken Hinkley publicly declaring his ongoing tenure hinges on a major round berth next year, there will be keen attention on how the team performs on the field.

Off-field, the high enthusiasm of the club’s landmark foray into China four years ago has dissipated somewhat as the novelty of the team’s annual adventure fades.

Just as with the Power’s crosstown rival Adelaide’s eSports venture, the project has left many supporters scratching their heads – if not questioning whether the entire enterprise represents a gigantic distraction for a club whose stated reason for being is to win premierships.

While the football media’s attention was on the smattering of young players who returned to the club to kick off pre-season training this week, the most significant signing of Port Adelaide’s off-season could prove to be the one that took place in Shanghai just this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back