Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rucci doing his bit for Ports' propaganda line of softening up the members and supporters for another Hinkley contract extension. Playing the long game now with kids so finals off the agenda. Comparing our current rebuild to that of the MLB Houston Astros.

"Gone is the quick fix with Moneyball. Port Adelaide is on the long game with Astroball or what might become the AFL’s Powerball."

Jay Mohr and Jeff Luhnow the general manager of the Houston Astros in 2014 discussing the rebuild of Astros who were at the time of the worse teams in baseball.

Astros won the World Series in 2017.

Jay Mohr and Jeff Luhnow the general manager of the Houston Astros in 2014 discussing the rebuild of Astros who were at the time of the worse teams in baseball.

Astros won the World Series in 2017.

Not as long as this video, but Grave Danger in November 2017, a day or two after Houston won their first WS, he put up a Sports Illustrated front cover from June 30 2014, with a picture of the Astros George Springer that said

A Unprecedent Look At How
a Franchise is Going Beyond
Money Ball To Build the Game's
NEXT BIG THING

YOUR 2017
WORLD SERIES
CHAMPS

I found the article in their Vault section and quoted big parts of the article at these 2 posts
Astro-Matic Baseball: Houston's Grand Experiment
There are rebuilding projects ... and there's what the Astros are trying: an unprecedented burn-the-house-down overhaul. There are innovative front offices ... and there is Houston's, which includes a Nerd Cave led by a former blackjack dealer turned rocket scientist. Can it work? By October 2017, it might seem silly to ask By Ben Reiter

and

Warren Tredrea defeating Richmond in 2009 on Fox Footy right now.

And for a nice contrast, Richmond sans Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Houli and Bulluss giving us a nice old touch-up 10 years later in glorious 4K on 508.

And for a nice contrast, Richmond sans Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Houli and Bulluss giving us a nice old touch-up 10 years later in glorious 4K on 508.

That Richmond game surely was the point where there was no longer any reasonable doubt that Ken has no idea.

That’s my one Sack Hinkley for the day.

That Richmond game surely was the point where there was no longer any reasonable doubt that Ken has no idea.

Who cares about 2019 and the futile careers of Boak, Gray, Ebert and Westhoff. We’re winning the flag in 2025, silly.

Yeah, that game was my tipping point. It was the exact moment I went from 'yeah
I'm not really sure whether Hinkley is the right man for the job' to 'Hinkley must be sacked ASAP'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

From then on, there was officially no rational argument in existence that said Hinkley should stay on.

I don't know how but I lasted until the North Melbourne game.

Signs were there but didn't want to admit to it.

Love my club. Hate what is being done to it.

I wish you wouldn't do this because I'm now casting Will Ferrell in a bald cap as Koch but he's basically Mugatu and probably Steve Carell as KT

A skinnier Jack Black works for an angry Monty but for the life of me I can't find suitable actor for Bassett

I've wasted literally minutes thanks to you

Eric Banner is the perfect fit for Basset, Channeling his Pioda character.

It’s laughable really because after the 140th anniversary debacle against Richmond in 2010, I distinctly remember how I hoped our 150th would be better.

And well, I’ve already been hoping our 160th goes better for a while now.

By making our 140th just over a weekend it risked a loss.

By making the 150th a whole year, surely we'll get a win in somewhere!

By making our 140th just over a weekend it risked a loss.

By making the 150th a whole year, surely we'll get a win in somewhere!

I'd put money on us losing all our 150th 'celebratory' matches in 2020.

Would be some juicy odds.

Stephen Shirley has opened up a twitter account since he returned to Port last month. Has put up a few cracker tweets. Heres three of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back