Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting quote from Rooch today

West Coast football chief Craig Vozzo is resisting Adelaide’s grand advances. But he will soon return home – and, most likely, to his old home at Port Adelaide to be Keith Thomas’ successor as chief executive.

I'd be OK with that. He would bring some amazing contacts.

It would be funny as * re: the Crows too.

He will get a rude shock going from a have to a have not club though

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
another establishment ceo who won’t rock the boat
Yeah, if he is an AFL appointment I'm sceptical. Having said that, our board is AFL controlled now so any CEO appointment is an AFL appointment. :(

Sorry but who is Craig Vozzo and does he have a previous connection to Port Adelaide?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Don't think he played a league game. If I remember right, as a junior we got him from West in exchange for Shaun Rehn. Probably not the best swap. He did win a Tompkins Medal for West.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Don't think he played a league game. If I remember right, as a junior we got him from West in exchange for Shaun Rehn. Probably not the best swap. He did win a Tompkins Medal for West.

Correct.
Played maybe a dozen Reserves games for us, and that was it.
Average footballer, then may have been a player manager for a while, then went into the Admin side of things.
If he could bring WCE's success to us, well then I'm all for it. If not, then no thanks.

Maybe in a couple of years' time we could look like:

Chairman - D Cahill
CE - C Vozzo
Footy Ops Manager - ???
Head Coach - ???
Member appointed Board selections - Tredders, Timmy G

A little bit more of the fabric of the club, returning around Alberton over the last 12 months.

A Cahill and Wanganeen on the board.

A Montgomery, Schofield and Morris in the coaches box.

A list with an Ebert, Mead and Burgoyne, with a Schofield to come.

A game in the prison bars next year. Not enough, but all journeys start with a small step. Released today, looks great

A celebration to remind us of our past and to not ditch it and move too far away from its core values.

Still need a few more A grade moves, but the big ship is slowly turning around.

Last edited:
A Ken Hinkley-Jordan Hinkley succession plan

1C54526D-8A0E-42AD-9216-2B0F31495B52.jpeg

I feel physically ill just reading this.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Paul Stewart has signed to play with 2019 BL&G premiers Tanunda FC next season.

Not sure if he is still continuing with his Port Adelaide role in development and mentoring during the week, and then fronting up for the Maggies on weekends or not.

Paul Stewart has signed to play with 2019 BL&G premiers Tanunda FC next season.

Not sure if he is still continuing with his Port Adelaide role in development and mentoring during the week, and then fronting up for the Maggies on weekends or not.
"Next Generation Academy Coach and Player Development Welfare Coordinator at PAFC." Not sure this even requires being at SANFL games.

In the Draft Mega Thread thread when someone quoted the Advertiser article I said we should just take a cold war mentality towards our drafting strategies, shut up, say nothing, don't let anything out. We sort of did with the Georgiades pick, but history shows we have lost quality players when w open our trap, as well as others have a bit of inside info.

*in' Clarko post September 2004, again. What a great replacement for Josh Carr Jordan Lewis would have made.

Hawthorn champion Jordan Lewis recaps how close Port Adelaide were to scooping him up in the 2004 AFL Draft

Hawthorn champion Jordan Lewis revealed he met with Port Adelaide the night before the 2004 AFL Draft. The four-time premiership played with the Hawks had a meeting with coach Mark Williams and list manager Chris Pelchen and it looked the midfielder would end up at Alberton. However, recently-appointed Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson had other ideas.

“I was in Melbourne the night before the draft to meet with Port Adelaide who I thought were going to pick me up with pick 11,” Lewis said on SEN Drive. “That was basically an hour-and-a-half meeting with Mark Williams and Chris Pelchen. “I suppose they wanted to know what my football nous was like. “So finishing that meeting and driving back down the highway to Warrnambool, I thought Port Adelaide was the team for me.

“For me, it would have been a really nice choice to go to and then at the end of that year Clarkson had a bit of intel that Port were going to take me … so they (Hawthorn) snapped me up at seven.”

Port Adelaide went onto select Sturt midfielder Adam Thomson with Pick 11, while the Hawks completed a trifecta of Jarryd Roughead, Lance Franklin and Lewis.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
In the Draft Mega Thread thread when someone quoted the Advertiser article I said we should just take a cold war mentality towards our drafting strategies, shut up, say nothing, don't let anything out. We sort of did with the Georgiades pick, but history shows we have lost quality players when w open our trap, as well as others have a bit of inside info.

fu**in' Clarko post September 2004, again. What a great replacement for Josh Carr Jordan Lewis would have made.

Hawthorn champion Jordan Lewis recaps how close Port Adelaide were to scooping him up in the 2004 AFL Draft

Hawthorn champion Jordan Lewis revealed he met with Port Adelaide the night before the 2004 AFL Draft. The four-time premiership played with the Hawks had a meeting with coach Mark Williams and list manager Chris Pelchen and it looked the midfielder would end up at Alberton. However, recently-appointed Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson had other ideas.

“I was in Melbourne the night before the draft to meet with Port Adelaide who I thought were going to pick me up with pick 11,” Lewis said on SEN Drive. “That was basically an hour-and-a-half meeting with Mark Williams and Chris Pelchen. “I suppose they wanted to know what my football nous was like. “So finishing that meeting and driving back down the highway to Warrnambool, I thought Port Adelaide was the team for me.

“For me, it would have been a really nice choice to go to and then at the end of that year Clarkson had a bit of intel that Port were going to take me … so they (Hawthorn) snapped me up at seven.”

Port Adelaide went onto select Sturt midfielder Adam Thomson with Pick 11, while the Hawks completed a trifecta of Jarryd Roughead, Lance Franklin and Lewis.

Clarko, Chris Pelchen, Andrew Russell, Geoff Morris....Junior Burger...Impey, Wingard....

fu**in' Clarko post September 2004, again. What a great replacement for Josh Carr Jordan Lewis would have made.

Nice story but there’s more to it. Hawthorn already possessed pick 10 to our 11, yet still traded up to pick 7, (via Bo Nixon trade) so presumably another club was also interested (yet another who already had a pick ahead of us)

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Ouch

Bergman looks closer to 189 cm than 187 cm...he’s around the same height as Georgiades and a lot taller than Hartlett.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Clarkson is a campaigner really all Port fans should hate the prick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back