Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Hartlett hosting the draftees for a feed tell us something about his character more than our co-cappies or am I just bitter & twisted? or both

It’s not a good look but par for the course with the lack of leadership that has infected the club.

Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Skiing in whatever form. So long as it's downhill.
I heard one of the reporters today tell our new recruits "whatever you do just don't go skiing" while all the reporters had a chuckle our two boys looked a bit stunned. I reckon it's time to move on with the skiing comments isn't it? I'm not all that keen on Ollie as a Captain but I am worried for his mental health this year - it's been nearly a year now and people are still talking about the fact that he was the unlucky one (out of a group of many) who had the accident. Dougal was driving the boat, Jonas was there, as were most of the back line. He stuffed up, he's paid the price, lets hope he has good people around him and he comes out and has a phenomonal year.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
It's from 2015, isn't it?

Ha, so it was - I thought it was from a couple of weeks ago! Despite our futile late run from the middle of the bottom half to finish an agonising ninth that year, Hinkley hadn't become totally toxic at that point. If that tripe about his son becoming coach in 2030 was put on Twitter nowadays the replies would be extremely 'unflattering'.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
The 2019 one was called Inside Port Adelaide Live, the 2020 one is going to be called Inside Port Adelaide Lies.
The fact that they didn't go back to the previous edition reviewing it against the season was ridiculous. I was fully expecting: "this has worked; this hasn't; this, we will improve; this, we won't do anymore; this, we will try it again; etc."

No. It was "let's forget about what we have said, ignore the disappointing season as if it hasn't happened, and talk as if we are doing this for the very first time."

I don't have a vocabulary good enough to express my opinion on it.

The fact that they didn't go back to the previous edition reviewing it against the season was ridiculous. I was fully expecting: "this has worked; this hasn't; this, we will improve; this, we won't do anymore; this, we will try it again; etc."

No. It was "let's forget about what we have said, ignore the disappointing season as if it hasn't happened, and talk as if we are doing this for the very first time."

I don't have a vocabulary good enough to express my opinion on it.

Did you fly over for it?

if you're not aware of the work TimothyJ_23 does on the Photoshop (?? whatever) board print yourself out one of these and 10 more for around the office!! *en MINT

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Who’s going to the 2020 member convention?
I'll skip it this year. 2018 was ok with a bit of insight, 2019 was too generic and dumbed down. Unless they go into way more depth, and be far more specific I don't see the value. It's a good idea, but i think its value lies with people who are yet to attend one.

If we were a contender and not just a middle of the road on the path to nowhere, then I might be more inclined to go regardless.

*Edit: Also having a club hierarchy that is so far removed from whats going on, that they actually believe it is a 'small amount of unrest' amongst the membership base, also leaves me extremely disenchanted and not interested in hearing their propaganda. I don't think the supporter base has been this disengaged and unhappy in our entire time in existance, or at least the AFL era, personally.

Last edited:
I’d suggest every two years is a good mix with a review on the previous what worked and didn’t would be good in addition to plans for current year.

I also like keeping it smaller and build demand and wait list rather than bigger and bigger. Novelty will wear off.

concept is great however if executed properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back