Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think having your phone taken away from you at the members convention was absurd. not only did everyone simply remember the information and rally it online later but journalists were there and printed it all?... i think taking them away was more of a part of the overall guise of a conference where legitimate game day tactics were to be revealed but that didn't realllly happen. it was advertised as stepping into the inner sanctum like never seen before but i think the deepest tactical information we received was about how we would attempt to move the ball from kick outs (they showed video)? i remember the build up was damn exciting but it was a bit too fluffy. let me scroll twitter and i will go again (lol)

Who’s going to the 2020 member convention?

Being the first year that I would actually be available I’d be keen.

Unsure all of what’s covered, I’m always interested in list strategy and the level of analytics that drove it, and of course on field stuff.

But wouldn’t be as keen if it was full of club driven propaganda, or the opposite, full of fans throwing rubbish the other way.

Where are the buses, why didn’t we trade Dougal for pick one etc.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
“runway”
I loved we listened to a whole 30 min spill on it, then in the internal immediately after it, the first time the ball entered the runway with a spacious forward line, Boak marked the ball, turned and immediately kicked to Westhoff leading out of the runway lol.....

Ah, the runway.... good times...

Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah nah look it's debatable that Ollie has paid the price. He's copped stick from the outer but maybe that wouldn't be so if there was any sense of punishment from the inner.
All you have to do is read this thread to know that he's paid the price. He's gone from being the club saviour who received a standing ovation the week after he signed (when we played Melbourne) so being constantly mocked by the press/supporters about the water skiing thing. We need to move on.

Aug 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Speaking of Chuck this pre-season training stuff must be annoying when you have trucks to play with for ya Youtube channel.
Yeah you're right. He should just go straight from home to training and then straight home again. We only want him on the footy field either training or playing - it's a joke that the club lets them have personal interests. I'm going to write to KT.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah you're right. He should just go straight from home to training and then straight home again. We only want him on the footy field either training or playing - it's a joke that the club lets them have personal interests. I'm going to write to KT.
Screen-Shot-2018-01-13-at-11.50.28-AM-300x200.png

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Being the first year that I would actually be available I’d be keen.

Unsure all of what’s covered, I’m always interested in list strategy and the level of analytics that drove it, and of course on field stuff.

But wouldn’t be as keen if it was full of club driven propaganda, or the opposite, full of fans throwing rubbish the other way.

Where are the buses, why didn’t we trade Dougal for pick one etc.

Why would anyone go to this unless it was to throw rotten fruit?

These guys aren't telling you anything real. It 's a mixture of corporate wankspeak, lies, theoretical nonsense and propaganda. You aren't getting any "inside knowledge" as that would actually be stupid. You're better off wasting your money on a John Edwards show.

Why would anyone go to this unless it was to throw rotten fruit?

These guys aren't telling you anything real. It 's a mixture of corporate wankspeak, lies, theoretical nonsense and propaganda. You aren't getting any "inside knowledge" as that would actually be stupid. You're better off wasting your money on a John Edwards show.

kpgqyo98gef21-3.jpg

On a serious note, they do need to reframe it. Do everything they did in the first one, but lose the 'top secret' 'insider knowledge' rubbish.

It's a day for footy nerds to get info on game plan, team structure, training techniques, future strategies, meet the coaches, meet the players, watch some training drills, trading/drafting etc. Drop the price to be more accessible and drop the bullshit.

I'd go, but not to get something I couldn't glean from here or other means.
I'd go to connect with the club.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
On a serious note, they do need to reframe it. Do everything they did in the first one, but lose the 'top secret' 'insider knowledge' rubbish.

It's a day for footy nerds to get info on game plan, team structure, training techniques, future strategies, meet the coaches, meet the players, watch some training drills, trading/drafting etc. Drop the price to be more accessible and drop the bullshit.

I'd go, but not to get something I couldn't glean from here or other means.
I'd go to connect with the club.
In other words be honest.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The new club website looks like it was made for tablets. Also note the SANFL playing list has been removed.
AFL/Telstra imposed. All 18 clubs' websites and the AFL's site all have the same format. Probably explains why they went the dominate white background, its a neutral colour for all 19 websites so less work and less differentiation between them all. The AFL is hell bent on the franchise approach.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL/Telstra imposed. All 18 clubs' websites and the AFL's site all have the same format. Probably explains why they went the dominate white background, its a neutral colour for all 19 websites so less work and less differentiation between them all. The AFL is hell bent on the franchise approach.
That and having the exact same website saves the AFL/Telstra money and time when having to pay people to code entirely individual websites.

Ilias M

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Interesting quote from Rooch today

West Coast football chief Craig Vozzo is resisting Adelaide’s grand advances. But he will soon return home – and, most likely, to his old home at Port Adelaide to be Keith Thomas’ successor as chief executive.

Can’t read it have to pay

Made me check.

The first five things are tomjonas.lol, then a massive add to buy tickets to Shanghai.

fu** me.
What else did you expect in December? Jonas was yesterday and the tickets for Shanghai went on sale on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back