Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention the Crows nufties have probably returned to their clubs of origin to support in the SNAFL in order to ignore their woes. They’ll ditch them when normal
Programming resumes.
Exactly this alot of the flogs on big footy would of done just that.

Not to mention the Crows nufties have probably returned to their clubs of origin to support in the SNAFL in order to ignore their woes. They’ll ditch them when normal
Programming resumes.

South Adelaide didn’t exist until last week for one of my mates.

The entertainment ain't that important. The AFL don't really have a consistent philosophy what they want to do. Just give the job to Gudinski and he puts on the acts he manages and likes.

The NFL used to have uni marching bands and drill teams at their half time entertainment, they had a theme each year and started introducing a singer or two in the late 1980's to go with marching bands - remember Chubby Checker and Gloria Estefan - they would sing a song or two.

Then January 1993 Super Bowl Michael Jackson performed, put on a big non traditional half time show, the ratings spiked and his 12 minutes achieved one of the highest ever ratings for a TV program in US TV history and it changed the game. After that the NFL said we are the biggest baddest sport in the world, we are going to attract the biggest acts in the world to perform for the halftime shows, and maximize TV ratings during the halftime break.

The AFL can't tell you what they are trying to achieve with their pregame entertainment like the NFL can.

J Lo at the 1994 has to be the yard stick for gameday performances. My wife gets jealous when I put that one on Youtube after a few beers.

It's a pity South Adelaide ruined the association - the Port Adelaide Panther was a great story of the old Port Adelaide.

There’s folklore about the Port of a panther, black as the night, that roams the streets.
Known as Jasper, he is known to be particularly fond of Divett St.
Over the years, residents have reported sightings.
There are a few theories about how Jasper came to be in the area – the standout is he was part of a circus that visited Port Adelaide.

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/wgSbCWLJJwt2xQwIyYe8W?domain=adelaidenow.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"You can't beat me, how can you beat me?" - John Cahill

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And Jack had every Port player believing it. Amazing motivator.

He is clearly shrinking in his old age 🤣🤣🤣

He walks around slightly stooped because he doesn't want Monty to think he is too tall :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back