Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Just went to the odds for the AFL. The bookies are more optimistic than most Pear supporters! Stops the auto slipping through

Last edited:
They are having one of those years (which they seem to get more than by the law of averages they should) where they get a draw that turns out to be super soft. By the time we get to the showdown they could be 6-1 to our 5-2. Yet swap draws and we'd likely be 7-0 and them 4-3 or 3-4.
I am pretty sure that's what happens we you finish minor premiers vs wooden spooners.

The injuries to young guns suck but deep squads win flags I'm kinda looking forward to how they tinker a few positions, Fantasia more midfield time perhaps with Woodcock, Farrell, Bergs etc, getting more opportunities. Pep on the horizon & Rocky comes into the discussion more when winter hits.. interesting I think we can navigate through it.
I’m a huge fan of squad rotation and believe it is massively under utilised in footy.
Having as many players fresh and with game experience come finals time means you can more readily cover injuries, unearth gems in positions and increase competition for spots.
Though this is enforced due to injury, it does strengthen our finals hand.

A friend would like to take a pensioner she is looking after down to a training session, where can I find out when open sessions are on?

How come every time I've ventured out to Alberton Oval, I've never seen any locals and their dogs in this so-called 'beloved dog park'?

b8cc7fd352c49f4c30aedb90b67d8f2b.png

WTF the only kind of dog that dog park is keeping within its fences is below 25 pounds, and at that case it's essentially a cat.

How come every time I've ventured out to Alberton Oval, I've never seen any locals and their dogs in this so-called 'beloved dog park'?

b8cc7fd352c49f4c30aedb90b67d8f2b.png

Imagine how many games of Hide Peter's Sosig has been played amongst those bushes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF the only kind of dog that dog park is keeping within its fences is below 25 pounds, and at that case it's essentially a cat.
That's because it's not a dog park, it's a croquet lawn that the people that live across the road use as a doggy toilet.

It's a thing of beauty how Jackson Trengove, a dyed in the wool Essendon fanatic, was drafted to Port Adelaide, got traded to Footscray, but remained, and remains to this day, emotionally invested in Port Adelaide. You cannot help but love the man.

By a kinda similar token, warmed my heart a few years ago when I stumbled upon Russell Johnston (Vic, Collingwood, etc) displaying staunchly pro-Power proclivities on social media.

It’s almost as if we have a genuine club with a wonderful culture, etc.

This is a thing now isnt it

I'm half tempted to design and implement a fake campaign around it. Website, petition, posters, stickers, etc
Parody their complaints but spin it around removing their Dogging Park.

I went to register the email: petersosig@gmail.com .... but it's already taken.

I'm half tempted to design and implement a fake campaign around it. Website, petition, posters, stickers, etc
Parody their complaints but spin it around removing their Dogging Park.

I went to register the email: petersosig@gmail.com .... but it's already taken.
lol we might need to be careful, sosigdog is probably litigious.

[chuckles, "sosigdog"]

Last edited:
I know I'm going to feel like a goof when you tell me, but who is the long-haired blonde kid in the training photos? (not Bergman, I know who he is).

1618472991931.png

I know I'm going to feel like a goof when you tell me, but who is the long-haired blonde kid in the training photos? (not Bergman, I know who he is).

View attachment 1103199

Pretty sure that is Jamie Jason Horne who along with Jase Burgoyne are spending this week at Port as part of their NAB AFL scholarship.

Pretty sure that is Jamie Jason Horne who along with Jase Burgoyne are spending this week at Port as part of their NAB AFL scholarship.

Thanks. Don't feel so bad now that I didn't recognise him ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back